- Volume 30 Issue 1
This paper discusses how the encounter between the performance characteristics of a game and the media characteristics of media art convey the acceptance and perceptual experience of the spectacle aura based on the media installation work, which is in turn based on the game. The game is a one-time event. During this event, the game will give a true aura experience. A media installation that records a game performance has a media character because it works through the medium, but the aura is transformed into the form of other media through the process of remediation, rather than being collapsed by the change of media. In other words, as well as in a one-time experience, such as a game, the aura can also be experienced in repetition and duplication in media installation works. In conclusion remediated aura experience is discussed through the media installation work based on the game.
- Yoon-Jung Huh, "Aura in Game", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol.28, No.1, pp.137-142, 2014.
- Andrew Daly, "Visual digital culture: surface play and spectacle in new media genres", trans. by Joo-Hwan Kim, Hyunsilmoonhwayungu, pp.53-54, 2003.
- Roland Barthes, "Le plaisir du texte", trans. by Hee-Young Kim, Dongmoonsun, pp.61-62, 2002.
- Seong-Suk Oh, Sung-Jun Park, "Game Fan-dom of Generative the Secondary Culture -Based On Machinima", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.9, No.11, pp.130-139, 2009.
- Yoon-Jung Huh, "Analysis of Remediation Self on Game as a Medium", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol.28, No.3, pp.59-64, 2015.
- Yoon-Jung Huh, "Analysis of Orality on Game as a Medium", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol.27, No.1, pp.97-114, 2014