- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Linked Data Indexing Techniques Using 3D R*-tree
3차원 R*-tree를 활용한 링크드 데이터 인덱싱 기법
- Lee, Yong-Ju (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- 이용주 (경북대학교 컴퓨터학부)
- Received : 2017.08.16
- Accepted : 2017.10.14
- Published : 2017.11.30
Linked Data have gained much attention as a very pragmatic approach to implement the Semantic Web. However, there are still a lot of issues in the area of Linked Data. Since Linked Data are modeled as RDF graph structures, we cannot directly adopt solutions from traditional RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) or Web technologies. This paper proposes a hybrid method between the centralized approach and the distributed approach. By using the two-step index structure based on the MBB (Minimum Bounding Box) approximation, our approach can efficiently retrieve the distributed Linked Data and significantly reduce the amount of storage space. We evaluate the two-step index structure with existing index structures using a real Linked Open Dataset. The experimental results show that the proposed approach outperforms the existing approaches due to its ability to rapidly reduce a large amount of irrelevant resources.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- http://www.wikipedia.org, [Accessed: Aug. 16. 2017.]
- J. Umbrich, K. Hose, M. Karnstedt, A. Harth, and A. Polleres, "Comparing data summaries for processing live queries over Linked Data", World Wide Web, Vol. 14, No. 5-6, pp. 495-544, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11280-010-0107-z
- Y. J. Lee, "EMH(Extended Multidimentional Histogram) Based on Occurrence for Querying Linked Data", Journal of KIIT, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 121-128, Mar. 2015.
- A. Harth and S. Decker, "Optimized index structures for querying RDF from the Web", The 3rd Latin American Web Congress (LA-Web), pp. 71-81, Nov. 2005.
- T. Neumann and G. Weikum, "RDF-3X: A RISC-style engine for RDF", The 34th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), pp. 647-659, Aug. 2008.
- C. Wess, P. Karras, and A. Bernstein, "Hexastore: Sextuple indexing for semantic Web data management", The 34th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), pp. 1008-1019, Aug. 2008.
- M. Atre, V. Chaoji, M. J. Zaki, and J. A. Hendler, "Matrix "Bit" loaded: A scalable lightweight join query processor for RDF data", The 19th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW), pp. 41-50, Apr. 2010.
- B. Liu and B. Hu, "Path queries based RDF index", The 1st International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid, pp. 91-93, Nov. 2005.
- T. Tran and G. Ladwig, "Structure index for RDF data", Workshop on Semantic Data Management (SemData@VLDB), Sep. 2010.
- B. Quilitz and U. Leser, "Querying distributed RDF data sources with SPARQL", The 5th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), Vol. 5021, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 524-538, Jun. 2008.
- A. Langegger, W. Wob, and M. Blochl, "A semantic middleware for virtual data integration on the Web", The 5th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), Vol. 5021, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 493-507, Jun. 2008.
- O. Gorlitz and S. Staab, "Federated data management and query optimization for linked open data", New Directions in Web Data Management 1, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 109-137, Jan. 2011.
- O. Hartig, "An overview on execution strategies for Linked Data queries", Datenbank Spektrum, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 89-99, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13222-013-0122-1
- A. Harth, K. Hose, M. Karnstedt, A. Polleres, K. U. Satler, and J. Umbrich, "Data summaries for on-demand queries over Linked Data", The 19th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW), pp. 411-420, Apr. 2010.
- N. Beckmann, H. P. Kriegel, R. Schneider, and B. Seeger, "The R*-tree: An efficient and robust access method for points and rectangles", The 1990 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 322-331, May 1990.
- http://linkeddata.org/data-sets, [Accessed: Jul. 10. 2017]
- M. Svoboda, "Efficient querying of distributed Linked Data", The 2011 Joint EDBT/ICDT PhD Workshop, pp. 45-50, Mar. 2011.