- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Relationship Between Emotional Labor, Job Burnout and Job Satisfaction in Fitness Center Instructors
휘트니스센터 지도자의 감정노동과 직무소진 및 직무만족의 관계
- Cho, Min Soo (Dept. of Exercise Rehabilitation & Welfare, Chungwoon Univ.) ;
- Yi, Eun Surk (Dept. of Exercise Rehabilitation & Welfare, Gachon Univ.)
- Received : 2017.10.02
- Accepted : 2017.11.20
- Published : 2017.11.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between emotional labor, job burnout and job satisfaction in instructors. The data were collected from 323 fitness center instructors using multistage stratified cluster random sampling method. With the collected data, factor analysis, reliability analysis, frequency analysis, correlation analysis, model fit tested, and structural equation model were performed by SPSS 23.0 and AMOS 20.0. The result of the analysis were summarized as follows. First, the emotional labor(inner behavior) impacts negative influence on job burnout of fitness center instructors. Second, the emotional labor(surface behavior) impacts positive influence on job satisfaction of fitness center instructors. Third, the job burnout impacts negative influence on job satisfaction of fitness center instructors. Fourth, the emotional labor(inner behavior) impacts positive influence on job satisfaction of fitness center instructors. Fifth, the emotional labor(surface behavior) does not influence on job satisfaction of fitness center instructors.
- Seo Soo-Jin, Lee JIn, "Effects of Healthy Activities and the Impact of Well-being Culture on Quality of Life." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies Vol. 69, pp. 227-240, 2017.
- Hong Hyeong-Ho, Lee Myeong-Cheol, "A Study on Relation between Fitness Center Customer Leisure Motivation and Leisure Flow, Leisure Satisfaction, and Psychological Well-Being." The Korean Journal of Physical Education Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 487-501, 2017.
- Kim Jin-Kook, Chung Young-Ryuel, "The Effect of Job Satisfaction of Personal Trainer on Organizational Commitment and Job Performance." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 411-422, 2014.
- Cho Sung-Jin, An Ju-Mi, Lee Jun-Woo, "The Influence of Fitness Center Employees's Social-Face Sensitivity on Job Engagement and Job Burnout." Academic association of global cultural contents, pp. 239-262, 2015.
- Kim Soo-Hyun, "The Effect of the Communication Satisfaction on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Personal Trainer in Fitness Center." Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 45-54, 2011.
- Koo Bon-Soo, Chung Yong-Rak, Kim Dong-Kee, "Appreciation for occupational socialization through Life History Research of a Personal Trainer." Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 3-16, 2010.
- Kim Sung-Il, "The Relationship Between Emotional Labor, Job Burnout, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention in Life Sports Instructors." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 333-344, 2011.
- Lee Young-Jung, Myung Hee-Jin, "Teacher Life Stress ... can't get angry 'Emotional workers', Seoul New, http://xn-z92bt1i0qbp2g.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20120515001014, 2012.
- Kim Se-Ri, Kim Gun, "Relations among Emotional Labor, Burnout and Customer Orientation of Employee in Food Service Industry." International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 119-136, 2010.
- Maslach, C, & Jackson, S. E. "The Maslach Burnout Inventory", Research edition. Ca: Consulting psychologists Press, 1981.
- Grandey, "A Emotional regulation in the workplace: new way to conceptualize emotional labor." Journal of Occupa-tional Health psychology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 95-110, 2003.
- Yi Eun-Surk, Sim Kyu-Sung "The Relationships of Emotional Labor, Job Attachment and Job Satisfaction of Senior Sports Leaders." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 443-452, 2010.
- Hochschild. A. R. "Emotional work, feeling rules and social structure." America journal of sociology. Vol. 85, pp. 152-173. 1979.
- Austin, E. J., Dore, T. C. P., & O'Donovan, K. M. "Associations of personality and emotional intelligence with display rule perceptions and emotional labour." Personality and Individual Differences, Vol. 44, pp. 679-688, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2007.10.001
- Brotheridge, C. M., & Lee, R. T. "Testing a Conservation of Resources Model of The Dynamics of Emotional Labor." Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 57-66, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-8918.104.22.168
- Kim, H. J. "Hotel service providers' emotional labor: the antecedents and effects on burnout. International." Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 151-161, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2007.07.019
- Koo Kyung-Won, Kim Pan-Young, "The Relationship Between Hotel Service Providers' Emotional Labor and it's Antecedents: Focused on the Hotel Food & Beverage and Room Employees." Journal of Food service Management Society of Korea, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 57-76, 2008.
- Lee Jeong-Hak, Li Jing-Lu, Lee Suk-Kyung & Jang Wan-Suck "Correlations Among the Emotional Labor, Job Burnout and Customer Orientation of Taekwondo Instructors." Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 757-767, 2013. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2013.24.4.757
- Bok, Mi-Jung, "The Effects of Emotional Labor on Job Burnout, Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Work-Family Conflict Among Call Center Employees." Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 257-267, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2012.21.2.257
- Kim Young-Joe, Han Ju-hee, "Two Types of Emotional Labor Their Impacts on Job Burnout of Service Workers." Journal of Organization and Management, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 95-128, 2008.
- Yoon Sun-Young. "A Study on the Emotional Labor, Burnout and Turnover Intention of Airline Call Center Workers." The journal of Korea Navigation Institute, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1-10, 2010.
- Kwon Ki-Nam, Jeon Byung-Duk, "The Effect of the Emotional Labor of Recreation Leaders on Job Burnout and Turnover Intention." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 667-678, 2011.
- Do Ki-Hyun, Won Young-Shin, Lee Min-Kyu, "The Relationship of Emotional Labor, Emotional Dissonance and Job Burnout of Senior Sports Leaders." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 61, pp. 483-492, 2015.
- Chung Young-Ryuell, Kim Jin-Kook, "The effects of Leisure Sports Instructors' Job Stress on Job Burnout and Job Satisfaction." Journal of Leisure, Park & Recreation Studies, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 77-89, 2015.
- Maslach, C., & Leiter, M. P. "The Truth About Burnout: How Organizations Cause Personal Stress and What to do About It." Jossey-Bass, in Pines, A. M., 1997.
- Leiter, M. P & Maslach, C. "The Impact of Interpersonal Environment of burnout and Organizational Completement." Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 9, pp. 297-308, 1986.
- Jhi Soon-Dock, "A Study on the Job Satisfaction of Senior Welfare Facilities employees focused on Emotional Labor as moderator." Public Policy Review, Vol. 26, No. 2, 113-139, 2012.
- Brotheridge, C. M., & Grandey, A. A. "Emotional laborand burnout: Comparing two perspectives of People Work". Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 60, No. 1, pp. 17-39, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.2001.1815
- Adelmann, P. K., & Zajonc, R. B. "Facial efference and the experience of motion". Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 40, pp. 249-280, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ps.40.020189.001341
- Kim Yong-Soo, "The Relationship of Sports Center Employees's Emotional Work with the Job Stress, the Job Satisfaction and the Job Exhaustion". Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 127-144, 2012.
- Robbins, S. P. "Organizational Behavior." New jersey : Pearson International Edition. 2005.
- Sy, T., Tram, S. & O'Hara, L. A. "Relation of employee and manager emotional intelligence to job satisfaction and performance." Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 68, No. 3, pp. 461-473, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2005.10.003
- Keinan, G. "Stress and Burnout: The Significant Difference. Personality and Individual Differences" 1-11, 2005.
- Lee Sun-Kyu, Jung Young-Keun, Kang Eun-Gu, Cho Yong-Hwa, Kim Eun-Kyeong, So Byung-Sam, Youn Kwang-Sic. "A Study on the Influence of Organization Service Orientation on Turnover Intention and Organizational Commitment : Focusing on Moderating Effects of Emotional Labor." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.107-117, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.107
- Roh Su-Yeon, "The Relationship between Instructor's Attractiveness Perceived by Pilates Participants, Pilates Flow and Passion." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 409-418, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.409
- Roh Su-Yeon, "The Influence of Professionalism of Pilates Instructors on Attractiveness of Instructors and Adherence of Pilates Participants. " Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 507-516, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.507