- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Comparison of Assessment of Child Friendly Cities by Parents and Child Service Providers in Selected Local Government
아동친화적인 지역사회에 대한 부모와 아동관계자의 인식 비교 - A기초자치단체를 중심으로-
- Kim, Jin-Sook (Division of Social Welfare, Hanyang Cyber University)
- 김진숙 (한양사이버대 사회복지학부)
- Received : 2017.09.19
- Accepted : 2017.11.20
- Published : 2017.11.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the recognition of the Children's Rights Guarantees among parents and child service providers in a local community, and to explore ways to organize Child Friendly Cities. To this end, I analyzed survey data collected from a municipality based in Seoul, Korea, and discovered certain differences in recognitions of play and leisure, citizen and participation, safety and protection, health and social service, education, and housing. Among the six categories, the parents and child service providers recognized that education and housing were relatively well guaranteed whereas citizen and participation was less secure. Child service providers were more negative in the physical environment for building child-friendly community, while parents were more negative about the institutional / cultural environment, such as participation rights. Based on these findings, I suggested the following: First, the physical environment should refer to the standards of child welfare officers, and the institutional and cultural environment should refer to the parents' standards. Second, the participation of parents and child service providers as well as children should be expanded in the community decision-making process.
- http://childfriendlycities.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pdf/CFCI-fact-sheet-14-sept-final.pdf 2017. 8. 15.
- S. K. Park, "Children's Rights and Child Friendly Cities in Selected European Countries." Health and welfare policy forum, pp.62-72, 2016.
- W. S. Kim, "A Study on Children's Rights and Happiness for Building Child Friendly Cities-Comparative study between elementary and middle school students". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No 2, pp.485-491, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.485
- http://childfriendlycities.kr/map 2017. 9. 1
- D. Maeng, "Seoul's Spatial Chararcteristics : Local Disparity Analysis in the Built Emvironment" Seoul Development Institute, 2009.
- C. Lee & H. Kang, "Regional Disparities of the Living Infrastructure in Gyeonggi Province" Korean local administration review. Vol.14 No.1, pp.173-187, 2017.
- S. Hong & J. Lee,"Parents and Community service provider's assessment of Child Friendly cities" Korean Journal of Child Care and Education Policy, Vol.5, No.1, pp.149-172, 2011.
- T. W. Simon, "United Nations Convention on Wrongs to the Child", International Journal of Children's Rights, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.1-13, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1163/15718180020494497
- J. S. Kim, Y. J. Jang. "Assessment of children's rights by children and adolescents: Comparison of elementary, middle and high school students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No 6, pp.83-96, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.83
- I. Kang,"Women's City and Satisfaction Level of Local Life on Gender perspective: A Case of Changwon City", The Journal Of Human Studies, Vol.32, pp.247-278, 2013.
- K. Nah, S. Sung, Y. Jeon & E. Lee, "A Study on Design Development Direction for Designing Aging Friendly City through The Case Analysis", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.6, pp.61-69, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.61
- J. Y. Lee & S. R. Lee.,"Children Parents and Teachers' Perception on the Children's Rights". Journal of Korean Council for Children's Rights. Vol. 2. No. 1, pp.25-41, 1998.
- O. K. Hwang. "A Study of the recommendations of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child and the implementation of Government of the Convention on the Child Rights" Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights. Vol.20, No.4, pp.609-631, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21459/kccr.2016.20.4.609
- Z. Park. "A Report on the Process of Domestic Implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Child in South Korea" World Constitutional Law Review. Vol 16, No, 1. pp.181-208, 2010.
- S. Lee. "A Study on perception of security of chilren's rights in their school" Journal of School Social Work, Vol. 11, pp.55-84, 2006.
- M. S. Lee. E. Lee. "Levels of Understanding and Implementation of Parents and Caregiver in Daycare Center toward the Children's Rights" Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights. Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.265-284, 2013.
- H. Lee., Y. Ko., C. Kim., H. Jang., M. Jeon., I. Cho. and O. Hwang. "The Current Status of Child Rights Training for Persons Who Work with or for Children and Proposal for Improvement :Focusing on Systematization of Child Rights Training". Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights. Vol.18, No.3, pp.387-409, 2014.
- B. N. Kim., H. S. Kwon. and C. G. Ha, "The Children's rights perspectives of Social Worker and Users at Community Child Center -Using an IPA Analysis" Social Science Review. Vol.31, No.2, pp.293-316, 2015. https://doi.org/10.18859/ssrr.2015.05.31.2.293
- Y. N. Kim, "Participation rights for youth age parents - teachers - youth the difference between start-year recognition" Democracy and Human Rights, Vol.10, No.3, pp.353-381, 2010.
- H. J. Cho, "Rights Odyssey". GyoYangIn, 2015.
- D. Chun, N. Kim & J. Seo, "Comparative study on differences in perception of human rights of People with disabilities and Staffs in the disabled residential facilities". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.8, pp.11-18, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.11
- M.Lee & E. Lee, "Levels of Understanding and Implementation of Parents and Caregiver in Daycare Center toward the Children's Rights", Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights. Vol.17, No.2, pp.265-284, 2013.
- H. You, S. Kwon, S. Kang & J. Byun "The Direction to the Child-Friendly City Infra-Building of O city Based on the Child- Friendly Assessment Tool" Vol.12, No.1, pp.159-192, 2017.
- J. Han, H. Bae & H. Lim, "Development of Social Services through Analysis of Service Cases for Children and Older Citizens", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol.15, No.3, pp.1-7, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.1
- E. Y. Chae, J. Y. Lee, "The Mediating Effect of the Exercise of Children's Right to Participate Between Basic Psychological Needs and Well-Being" Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.347-366, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21459/kccr.2016.20.3.347
- E. Oh, I. Chung, "Participation Experiences of Children: Ranked Children's Learning of How to Live Together", Journal of School Social Work, Vol. 32, pp.217-246, 2015. https://doi.org/10.20993/SSW.32.9
- M. Ham, H. Kang, "The Effect of the Parent-Child Open Communication Style on the Perception and the Exercise of Children's Right to Participation" Journal of Korean Council for Children's Rights, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.565-589, 2012.
- E. Kwak & M. Chung, "Home and Neighborhood Environment of Children: Based on Socio-economic Status and Settlement Character", The Korean Journal of Community Living Science, Vol.18, No.3, pp.493-505, 2007.
- S. Kim, J. M. Lee and J. Y. Min, "Parents' Perception and Behaviors regarding Child Safety Accidents", Child Health Nursing Reserach, Vol.23, No.1, pp.91-100, 2017. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.1.91