- Volume 8 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on Knowledge and Attitude for Breastfeeding of Nursing Students
모유수유에 대한 간호대학생의 지식 및 태도에 대한 융합연구
- Lim, Jae Ran (Dept. of Nursing, Daejeon Health Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Joo Young (Dept. of Nursing, Gyeonbuk College of Health)
- Received : 2017.09.12
- Accepted : 2017.11.20
- Published : 2017.11.28
The purpose of this study is to develop an educational program to promote breastfeeding by understanding the knowledge and attitudes of nursing students. The survey was conducted on 504 students in the first, second, third, and fourth grades. The data collected was analyzed using SPSS/WIN 20.0 version. Knowledge of breastfeeding was statistically significant for gender, grade, subject, breastfeeding experience, breastfeeding experience, desired information provider, and educational needs(p<.05). Nursing attitudes were statistically significant according to gender, grade, breastfeeding experience, breastfeeding experience, and educational needs(p<.05). There was a statistically significant correlation between knowledge and attitude of breastfeeding(r=.237, p<.001). On the basis of this, we need a systematic and diverse breast feeding program for nursing students.
- H. R. Kim, N. M. Hwang, J. E. Sim, Eojina Kim. Analysis on Breastfeeding and Nutritional Health Among Children and Adolescents and Counter Policies in Korea. KIHASA, 2008.
- Hediger, Mary L. et al, "Association Between Infant Breastfeeding and Overweight in Young Children", JAMA, Vol. 285, No. 19, pp. 2453-2460, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.285.19.2453
- Saarinen, Ulla M, and Merja Kajosaari, "Breastfeeding as prophylaxis against atopic disease: prospective follow-up study until 17 years old", The Lancet, 346. 1065-1069, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(95)91742-X
- Armstrong Julie, John J Reily, "Breastfeeding and lowering the risk of childhood obesity", The lancet, Vol. 359, No. 6, pp. 2003-2004, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)08837-2
- Grummer-Strawn, Laurence M., Zuguo Mei, "Does Breastfeeding Protect Against Pediatric Overweight? Analysis of Longitudinal Data From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System", Pediatrics, Vol. 113, pp. 81-86, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.113.2.e81
- H. R. Kim, "Breastfeeding Trends, Affecting Factors and Poilicy Options for Breastfeeding Promotion in Korea" Health and Welfare Policy Forum, Vol. 201, pp. 49-60. 2013.
- E. J. Choi, "Breastfeeding-related Social Environmental Factors and Their Policy Implications", Health and Welfare Policy Forum, Vol. 249, pp. 72-81. 2017.
- S. S. Lee, J. S. Park, S. Y. Lee, M. A. Oh, H. J. Choi 2015 Korea Institute for Health And Social Affairs Annual Report 2015, Korea Institute for Health And Social Affairs, 2015.
- Chin LY, Amir LH "urvey of patient satisfaction with the breastfeeding education and support services of the royal women's hospital, Melbourne" Health Services Research Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 1-11, 2008.
- S. O. Lee, S. S. Na. K. Y. Park "Exclusive breastfeeding rates of breast feeding-willing mothers and its influencing factors by the 1st, 3rd, and 6th month of postpartum", J Korean Soc Matern Child Health, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 44-55, 2012.
- 2015 Excellent Cases of Community Integrated Health Promotion Programs, Korea Health Promotion Foundation, 2016.
- Manoj S, Rick P, "Impact of expectant fathers in breastfeeding dicisions", J Am Dietetic Assoc, Vol. 97, No. 11, pp. 1311-1313, 1997 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8223(97)00312-X
- Sarah E, "Why some women do not breast feed: bottle feeding and fathers'role", Midwifery, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 323-330, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1054/midw.2000.0222
- Nigel S, Valerie H, Christina P, "Engaging and supporting fathers to promote breast feeding: A concept analysis", Midwifery, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 667-677, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2013.07.014
- M. J. Kang, C.W. Lee, K. B.Jin, E.J. Suh, J.S. Ahn, M.Y. Lee, "Snior Medical Students' Attitudes toward and Knowledge about Breastfeeding", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 95-100, 1999.
- H. S. Kim, "Health Care Professionals Attitudes, Knowledge and Confidence on Breastfeeding : Metropolitan Areas of South Korea", orean journal of women health nursing, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 243-253, 1995.
- G. H. Jung, Effect of the Nursing Intervention Program on Promoting the Breast-feeding Practice in Primipara. Ewha Womans University, Ph.D. thesis, 1997.
- H. K. Lee, Y. Song, N. M. Kang, "A Survey of Female College Students' Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Breastfeeding", Journal of community nutrition Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 367-373, 2008.
- S. J. Kim, H. J. Kim, M. Y. Dong, S. m. Park, Y. S. Song, G. E. Lee, S. M. Lee, J. E. Jang, Y. J. Jung, Y. S. Choi, "Knowledge, Attitude, and Practical Volition Among Female Nursing College Students and Non-Nursing College Students' on Breast Feeding", Journal of Ewha Nursing, No. 47, pp. 63-80. 2013.
- S. H. Kim, W. S. Choi, "The Knowledge and Attitude on Breast Feeding of Female University Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 93-106, 2001.
- B. C. Song, J. H. Cho, I. Y. Lee, M. K. Kim, "A Study on Knowledge on Breast Feeding of College Students by Their General Characteristics", Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, Vol. 23, No. 2, 268-272. 2008.
- J. Y. Le, W. J. Hyun, K. W. Lee, "A Study on Health-related Lifestyles and Intention Toward Breast-Feeding in Korean University Students", Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 126-135, 2013.
- E. A. Cho, "Knowledge and Attitude for Breast Feeding of Middle School Students", The Journal of The Korean Society of School Health, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 69-79, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2014.27.2.69
- K. S. Choi, H. J. Lee, "A Study on Knowledges and Attitudes about Breast Milk Feeding and Needs for Breast Milk Feeding Education among High School Students", Korean Journal of community nutrition, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 191-204, 2006.
- J. S. Ra, S. M. Chae, "Breastfeeding knowledge, attitude, and nursing practice of nurses in neonatal intensive care units", Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 76-84, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.76
- J. I. Shim, S. J. Kang, "Impact of Breastfeeding Knowledge, Attitude, and Barriers on Breastfeeding Practice among Twin Mothers", Korean journal of women health nursing, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 89-98. 2017. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.2.89
- J. E. Kim, D. Y. Park, "A study on predicting behavioral intention of breastfeeding among primigravida", Korean J Community Nutr, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 331-339, 2001.
- S. H. Huh, "The influence of parenting stress and husband's support on breast-feeding adaptation of breast-feeding mothers". Changwon National University, Master thesis.