- Volume 18 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The influencing factor of Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics, Moral Sensitivity and Critical Thinking Disposition on the Code of Nurses Ethics of Nursing Student
간호학생의 생명의료윤리의식, 도덕적 민감성 및 비판적 사고성향이 간호사윤리강령 인식에 미치는 영향요인
- Jeong, Gye-Seon (Depart of Nursing, Chosun Nursing College)
- 정계선 (조선간호대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.08.17
- Accepted : 2017.11.03
- Published : 2017.11.30
This study was conducted to identify the factors influencing consciousness of biomedical ethics, moral sensitivity and critical thinking disposition with respect to the Code of Ethics of nurses among nursing students. A descriptive correlation research design was used for this study. The subjects were 299 nursing students in two large cities from 1 June to 31 July 2015. Collected data were analyzed using a t-test, ANOVA, Scheffe's test and stepwise multiple regression by the SPSS 22.0 program. The results revealed that female subjects comprised 86.65% of the subjects and the mean age was 21.67 years. Awareness of the Code of Ethics for nurses was positively correlated with the consciousness of biomedical ethics(p<0.001), moral sensitivity(p<0.001), and critical thinking disposition(p<0.001). However, there were negative correlations between grade(p=0.017), marital state(p=0.012), and the possibility of increasing ethical problems according to the development of bioscience(p=0.012). Significant influencing factors of the awareness of the Code of Ethics for nurses included grade(p=0.013), marital state(p=0.030), consciousness of biomedical ethics(p=0.017), moral sensitivity(p<0.001), and critical thinking disposition(p=0.001), with apower of explanation of 26.3%. The results of this study show that the consciousness of biomedical ethics, moral sensitivity and critical thinking disposition are factors influencing the code of ethics for nurses among nursing students.
Supported by : 조선간호대학교
- Korean Nurses Association. The Code Ethics of Nurses. 2014. Retrieved from http://www.koreanurse.or.kr/about_KNA/ethics.php?mn=2#s1
- Lee, Y. H., Code of ethics and ethics education as mean to resolve ethical in adapted physical activity in Korea. Korean Journal of Adapted Physical Activity, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 119-128, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17006/kjapa.2014.22.2.119 https://doi.org/10.17006/kjapa.2014.22.2.119
- Kang, S. W., Choi, E. J., Awareness towards code of Ethics for Korean nurses and nursing professionalism among nursing students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1101-1114, 2015.
- Kim, Y. S., Kang, S. W., Ahn, J. A., Moral sensitivity relating to the application of the code of ethics. Nursing Ethics, vol. 20, no 4, pp.470 -478, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733012455563 https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733012455563
- Moon, M. Y., Jeon, M. K., & Jeong, A. W., relationship between nurse' consciousness of biomedical ethics, job satisfaction and nursing performance. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 27-47, 2013.
- Kim, M. A., Two teaching methods to improve nursing student's moral intelligences, moral sensitivity and moral judgement: Theatre of situation and pro-con debate. Korean journal of Medical Ethics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 376-390, 2013.
- Ahn, S. H., Quantitative analysis of ethics research within the Korean nursing community. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 261-274, 2009.
- Yoo, M. S., Shon, K. C. Effect of nursing education on biomedical ethics awareness, moral sensitivity and moral judgement of nursing students. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 61-76, 2011.
- Jeong, G. S., The effect of biomedical ethics education program for nursing students freshmen. Journal of Korean academy society of Nursing education, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 376-386, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.376
- Erosy, N., Gundomus, U. N., A study of the ethical sensitivity of physician in Turkey. Nursing Ethics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 472-484, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1191/0969733003ne6290a https://doi.org/10.1191/0969733003ne6290a
- Kim, H. S., Effects of the nursing process education program on critical thinking disposition of the nursing students. Journal of the Korean data Analysis Society, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 561-574, 2015.
- Kim, M. S. Influence of moral sensitivity and ethical values on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 382-392, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.382 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.382
- Han, S. S., Kim, Y. S. Park, J. H., Ahn, S. H, Meng, K. H., Kim, J. H., A study of the moral sensitivity of nurses and nursing students in Korea. Journal of Korean Society for Medical Ethics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 117-124, 2007.
- Thompkins, P. S., Rhetorical listening and moral sensitivity. Journal of Listening, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 60-79, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10904010802591912 https://doi.org/10.1080/10904010802591912
- Kim, S. Y., Effects of biomedical ethics education using movies on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Journal of Korean Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 281-290. 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.281 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.281
- Kim, E. A., Park, H. Y., Choi, S. E., The influence of moral sensitivity and critical thinking disposition on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1464-158, 2014.
- Yoon, J., A study on the critical thinking disposition of nursing students: Focusing on a school applying integrated nursing curriculum. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 159-166, 2008.
- Sung, K. S., The education for critical thinking, Journal of Korean Educational Idea, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 155-172, 2010.
- Han S. S., Kim, Y. S., Park, S. H., Meng, K. H., A study of the moral sensitivity of nurses and nursing students in Korea. Korean Journal of medical Ethics Education, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 117-124, 2007.
- Jung, M., The ethical problems experienced by nursing students in hospital setting. Korean Journal of medical Ethics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 195-212, 2001.
- Kim, E. H., Lee, E. J., A comparison of first-year and senior nursing students' ethical values and understanding of biomedical ethics. Korean Journal of medical Ethics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 78-95, 2012.
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Lang, A, G., Buchner, A. G*POWER 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, vol. 39, pp. 175-191, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Kwon, S. J., Survey of the biomedical ethics value of the nursing student and medical school students. Unpublished master's thesis, The Keimyung University, Daegu. 2003.
- Lutzen K., Nordin C., Conceptualization and instrumentation of moral sensitivity in psychiatric nursing practice. International Journal of Methods Psychiatric Research, vol. 4, pp. 241-248, 1994.
- Han, S. S., Kim, J. H., Kim, Y. S., Ahn, S. H., "Validation of a Korean Version of the Moral Sensitivity Questionnaire", Nursing Ethics, vol. 17. no. 9, pp. 99-105. 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733009349993 https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733009349993
- Yoon, J., Development of an instrument for the measurement of critical thinking disposition: In nursing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University. Seoul. 2004.
- Yoo, M. S., Park, H. S., Effect of nursing education on bioethics awareness and critical thinking dispositions of nurses. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 51-60, 2010.
- Jeong, G. S., The effect of gender, ethical values and characteristics of biomedical ethics on the consciousness of biomedical ethics on nursing students in one nursing college. Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation society, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 5672-5681, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5672 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5672
- Jeong, G. S., Kim, K. A., Seong, J. A., The effect of learning style and critical thinking disposition on communication skill in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 413-422, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.413 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.413
- Cho, M. J., Ethical dilemma of nurse; Ethics of organ transplantation, biomedical ethics and nursing. College of nursing science Ewha Woman university, pp. 20-37, 2001.