- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Wearing Condition of Athleisure Wear of Korean Women in Their 20's
국내 20대 여성의 애슬레저 웨어(Athleisure wear) 착용실태 조사
- Lee, Jeongeun (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University/University Industry Liaison Office of CNU Healthcare Ware R&BD Center) ;
- Choi, Selin (Mizline Co., Ltd.) ;
- Do, Wolhee (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University/University Industry Liaison Office of CNU Healthcare Ware R&BD Center)
- 이정은 (전남대학교 의류학과/전남대학교 산학협력단 헬스케어웨어R&BD센터) ;
- 최세린 ((주)미즈라인) ;
- 도월희 (전남대학교 의류학과/전남대학교 산학협력단 헬스케어웨어R&BD센터)
- Received : 2017.07.24
- Accepted : 2017.09.21
- Published : 2017.10.31
This study investigates the wearing behavior and athleisure wear design preferences of women in their twenties as related to the design development of athleisure wear. A questionnaire survey was conducted on 185 women in their 20s. The survey was conducted from September to October 2016. Questionnaire items consisted of respondents' general items, athleisure wear and preference related items, and athleisure wear purchase related items. We collected 185 questionnaires from participants; subsequently, 169 were used as analytical data (except for incomplete questionnaires). The results of the study are as follows. Fit and wear comfort was the most important factor in the selection of athleisure wear. As a result of investigating the popularity of the athletic wear brand, the preference for the total sportswear brand was higher than the professional athletic wear brand. When the preferred colors were examined, the achromatic colors were ranked higher than chromatic colors. An examination of the preferred designs according to items indicated that the bra top preferred the 'U' shaped front plate and the 'Y' base basic type; in addition, T-shirts with the round neckline and the 1/4 length sleeves were preferred as tops. Leggings preferred long length type. It is necessary to develop a brand that matches the preference of the twenties' consumers by adjusting the aged target that can avoid the overheated competition and develop a niche market.
athleisure wear;wearing condition;perference;20's female
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 'Athleisure market 2016'. (2016, June 3). Samsungdesignnet. Retrieved October 2, 2016, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/
- Im, M. J. (2014). The contemporary functions of the features of yoga clothes design in accordance to the types and movements of yoga. Research of Digital Design, 14(4), 459-469.
- Kim, K. H. (2009). Sportswear purchase decision factors and brand preference among college students. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 11(4), 583-591.
- Kim, J. Y. (2008). A research on the actual condition of yogawear and consumer's preference of yogawear. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(2), 147-154.
- Kim, S. J. (2004). A study on purchasing behavior toward sports brand wears - Focusing on middle school students in Jinju -. Unpublished master's thesis, Gyeongsong National University, Jinju.
- Kwon, J. S. (2016). Athleisure of the expression tendency and characteristics in fashion industry. Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, 11(2), 25-35. doi:10.21184/jkeia.2017.02.11.2.25 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2017.02.11.2.25
- Lee, A. R. (2016a, January 12). Year business plane by clothing types. Apparelnews. Retrieved July 28, 2016, from http://www.apparelnews.co.kr/main/inews.php?table=internet_news&query=view&uid=59261
- Lee, C. Y. (2016b). Development of athleisure look design applying cutout techniques. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Women's University, Seoul.
- Lee, D. A., & Ahn, I. S. (2016). A study on characteristics of athleisure design in domestic and international brands. Journal of the Korean Society of Illustration Research, 48(-), 27-36.
- Lee, H. K. (2002). A study on consumer's value, benefit pursuit, and attribute evaluation of sportswear. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungshin Women's University, Seoul.
- Park, J. H. (2017). Characteristics of the athleisure look in the Alexander wang collection. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Park, S. H. (2015). A study on characteristics athleisure style in modern fashion. Unpublished master's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.