- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Lower Body Shape of the Varus-typed Elderly Women
내반형 노년여성의 하반신 체형분석
- Jang, Ji Hyeon (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong Ran (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University/Research Institute of Ecology for the Elderly, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2017.07.10
- Accepted : 2017.08.10
- Published : 2017.10.31
The purpose of this study is to analyze the lower body shape of varus-typed elderly women. This study intentionally collected elderly women at age 65 years or older who seemed to have a lower body shape of varus-type, and the data of 100 women were used for final analysis. The results are as follows. Elderly women with a lower body shape of varus-type were shorter than regular elderly women and had small circumference and weak lower body. To classify the body shapes, factor analysis was conducted which drew a total of 3 factors, with 74.11% of accumulative variance. Cluster analysis was performed according to factor analysis and the body shapes were divided into 3 types. Type 1 was a body shape with the most severe varus-type that had small measured values of height and the highest BMI. Type 2 was a group of women with a large build with a relatively small tendency of varus-type. Type 3 was a group of women who were not obese, had long lower bodies, and varus-type with small circumference, which were similar to Type 1. Therefore, this study on the body shape is expected to be used as a basic data for the development of the clothes for straightening the varus-typed lower body shape in the future.
lower body shape;varus-type;elderly women;classification
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Cho, W. H., Kim, H. G., Lee, D. E., Park, W. H., & Cha, Y. Y. (2010). Effect of patients with genu varum on device for correcting bowleg: 4 cases report. Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, 20(3), 131-137. doi:10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.4.169 https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.4.169
- Choi, K. Y., Kim, J. G., Choi, M. Y., Kim, M. K., Lee, H. J., Jung, Y. J., Lee, G. H., Park, M. R., Kwon, M. J., Yang, M. E., Jung, Y. S., Kim, D. H., & Kim, H. S. (2013). The effects of exercise programs on genu varum persons. Journal of Korean Society of Integrative Medicine, 1(1), 87-96. doi:10.15268/ksim.2013.1.1.087 https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2013.1.1.087
- Han, S. M., Lee, K. K., Ha, S., & Sohn, J. H. (2011). The effects of correction exercise on hip joint angle, Q angle, and the distance between knees of genu varum patients. The Official Journal of the Korean Association of Certified Exercise Professionals, 13(1), 83-90.
- Kang, S. H. (2008). The effect of rehabilitation programs on bowlegged college student. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Kang, S. H., Lee, W. J., & Kim, T. Y. (2009). Possible effects of applying rehabilitation program upon bowlegged undergraduates' COG(Center of Gravity) oscillation and its correction. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 35(2), 1061-1072.
- Kim, K. S., & Lee, J. S. (2010). The effect of chuna manual and taping treatment on genu varum. Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, 20(3), 93-107. doi:10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.4.169 https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.4.169
- Kim, S. J., Kim, W. W., & Chang, W. S. (2009). Effects of Jung-Che meridian pathways on lower limbs deformation with correction in genu varus & genu valgus. The Korean Journal of Ideal Body & Meridian Pathways, 1(1), 1-12.
- Lee, W. S., Kim, G. J., Nam, Y. J., No, H. S., Jung, M. S., Choe, G. M., & Choe, Y. G. (2002). Clothing Somatotype. Seoul: Kyohakyeongusa.
- "O Leg' causes identification ... "Do not walk on foot"'. (2017, May 29). KBS NEWS. Retrieved June 5, 2017, from http://news.kbs.co.kr
- 'O-Shaped leg correction-'reflexed leg' When you straighten your joint health will survive'. (2013, May 6). Gyeongnamnews. Retrieved January 28, 2016, from http://www.knnews.co.kr
- Park, H. C., Kim, Y. S., & Lee, S. K. (2015). Correlations between the varus level and body composition, flexibility, lower strength, and strength imbalance in adolescents. The Korean Journal of Growth and Development, 23(1), 9-14.