- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimal Conditions of Hole Machining of Microplate by Application of Response Surface Methodology in Wire-Pulse Electrochemical Machining
와이어 펄스전해가공에서 반응표면분석법을 응용한 미세박판의 홀 가공 최적 조건에 관한 연구
- Song, Woo-Jae (Graduate School of Materials and Machining Process Engineering, INHA UNIV.) ;
- Lee, Eun-Sang (School of Mechanical Engineering, INHA UNIV.)
- Received : 2017.07.15
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.10.31
Due to the inaccuracy of micro-machining, various special processing methods have been investigated recently. Among them, pulse electrochemical machining is a promising machining method with the advantage of no residual stress and thermal deformation. Because the cross section of the wire electrode used in this study is circular, wire-pulse electrochemical machining is suitable for micro-hole machining. By applying the response surface methodology, the experimental plan was made of three factors and three levels: machining time, duty factor, and voltage. The regression equation was obtained through experiments. Then, by referring to the main effect diagram, we fixed the duty factor and machining time with little relevance, and solved the equation for the target 900 microns to obtain the voltage value. The results obtained from the response surface methodology were approximately those of the target value when the actual experiment was carried out. Therefore, it is concluded that the optimal conditions for hole processing can be obtained by the response surface methodology.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- D. Kaczorowski, P. Combrade, J. Ph, A Beaudim, C. Crenn, "Water chemistry effect on the wear of stainless steel in nuclear power plant," Tribology International, Vol 39, Issue 12, pp. 1503-1508, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2006.03.005
- Lee, E. S., Park, J. W. and Moon, Y. H., "Machining of Micro Grooves using Hybrid Elecrtrochemical Processes With Voltage Pulses," J. of KSMPE, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 32-39, 2003.
- Yang, B. Y., Kim, S. H., Choi, S. K., Choi, W. K., Chun, K. H., Lee, E. S., "A Study on Processing Shape and Overcutting of Invar Sheet by Pulse Electrochemical Machining," J. of KSMTE, Vol. 24, No. 3. pp. 314-319, 2015.
- Cho, C. R., Baek, S. Y., Lee, E. S., "A study of electrochemical micromachining with voltage pulses.", Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, pp. 356-361, 2003.
- Hong, S. S., Kim, B. H., Chu, C. N., "Tungsten Wire Micro Electrochemical Machining with Ultra Short Pulses.", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 6. pp. 105-112. 2007.
Shalini Mohanty, Ankan Mishra, B.K. Nanda, B.C. Routara., "Multi-objective parametric optimization of nano powder mixed electrical discharge machining of
$AlSiC_p$using response surface methodology and particle swarm optimization," Alexandria Eng. J, 2017.
- Shin, M. j., Lee, E. S., "A Study on Characteristic for Micro-Electropolishing of Nitinol Shape Memory Alloy using Response Surface Methodology," Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, pp. 499-504, 2006.
- Oh, S. M., Electrochemistry Vol 2, Free academy, pp. 84-91, 2014.
- Kwak, J. S., "Application of Taguchi and response surface methodologies for geometric error in surface grinding process," International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.45 pp. 327-334, 2007
- Optimization of Inner Nitriding Process for Cr-Mo-V Steel of Small Arms Barrel by using Taguchi Experimental Design Method vol.17, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.3.148
- A Study on the Prediction and Comparison of Processing Using the Artificial Neural Network in Nitinol Electrochemical Machining vol.793, pp.1662-9795, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.793.23