- Volume 18 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Factors Influencing the Length of Stay Ischemic Heart Disease Utilizing Medical Information
의료정보를 활용한 허혈성 심장질환의 재원일수에 영향을 미치는 요인 분석
- Park, Ji-Kyeong (Department of Healthcare Management, Dong-eui University)
- 박지경 (동의대학교 의료경영학과)
- Received : 2017.07.18
- Accepted : 2017.10.13
- Published : 2017.10.31
Due to population aging and westernized lifestyle, ischemic heart diseases are increasing, and Korea has one of the highest lengths of stay for ischemic heart diseases. Since the increase in the length of stay is a major cause of the increase in medical expenses, it is necessary to prepare a plan to manage the length of stay. Accordingly, this study was conducted to identify the factors influencing the length of stay of ischemic heart disease, and provide the elementary resources necessary for the management of the length of stay. The study subjects were 566 ischemic heart disease patients of a tertiary hospital. As the result of the study, first, the number of inpatients with chest pain as the chief complaint was the largest. Second, the average length of stay was 4.89 days, and the length of stay varied depending on the type of ischemic heart disease. Third, the age of over 75 years, diabetes, and dyspnea were the factors increasing the length of stay. Therefore, for management of adequate length of stay for ischemic heart disease, it is important to prevent the progression of illness through blood sugar control for ischemic heart disease patients with diabetes. Also, it is necessary to prepare a system where patients can visit hospitals as fast as possible if they have any symptoms.
- Y. H Choi, Y. J. Kim, S. O. Hong, "Development of severity-adjusted length of stay in ischemic heart disease", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 17, no. 1B, pp. 407-421, 2015.
- J. Y. Jun, "A meta-analysis of the effects of phase II cardiac rehabilitation and prevention programs in patients with coronary artery disease", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 9, no. 4B, pp. 1661-1675, 2007.
- M. H. Nam, S. H. Kang, J. H. Lim, "Development of severity-adjustment model for length of stay(LOS) in hospital for percutaneous coronary interventions", The Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 372-383, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.372 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.372
- OECD, Health at a Glance 2013, OECD Publishing, 2013.
- S. K. Hwang, "Depression related factors of hospitalized patients with ischemic heart disease", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 12, no. 2B, pp. 811-823, 2010.
- R. Choi, B. D. Hwang, "The Relevance of Chronic Disease Management and Mental Health", Journal of the Korea Academic-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 306-315, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.306 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.306
- E. J. Lee, E. A. Park, "Effects of Depression, and Physical Activity on Fatigue among Elderly with Chronic Disease", Journal of the Korea Academic-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 260-268, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.260 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.260
- Doughty, R., Yee, T., Sharpe, N., MacMahon, S. "Hospital admission and deaths due to congestive heart failure in New Zealand, 1988-91", The Journal of New Zealand Medical, vol. 1012, no. 108, pp. 473-475, 1995.
- Anan, M., Kiyohara, Y., Okada, Y., Nobutomo, K. "Analysis of hospital charges for ischemic stroke in Fukuoka. Japan", Health Policy, 66, pp. 239-246, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-8510(03)00080-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-8510(03)00080-0
- H. S. Choi, J. H. Lim, W. J. Kim, S. H. Kang, "The effective management of length of stay for patients with acute myocardial infarction in the era of digital hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, pp. 413-422, 2012.
- S. J. Kim, S. H. Kang, W. J. Kim, Y. M. Kim, "The variation factors of severity-adjusted length of stay in CABG", Journal of Korea Society for Quality Management, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 391-399, 2006.
- J. H. Hong, Y. G. Bu, Medical Record & Health Information Management, pp. 79-83, Komoonsa Publishing, 2015.
- J. H. Hong, O. N. Kim, E. H. Cho, Classification of Disease, pp. 23-26, Soomoonsa Publishing, 2016.
- B. Y. Chun, "The relationship between risk factors of ischemic heart diseases and diabetes", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 282-286, 1955.
- M. T. Cheusima (K. D. Jo, trans) Prevention and treatment of hypertension, pp. 95-97, Woodumji Publishing, 2005.
- J. M. Cho, C. J. Kim, W. S. Shin, E. J. Cho, C. S. Park, P. J. Kim, J. M. Ihm, S. H. Rhim, H. Y. Chang, K. U. Moon, K. W. Kim, Y. J. Jung, H. O. Kim, H. Y. Park, J. W. Jin, S. W. Jeon, H. K. Oh, Y. S. Yoo, K. D. Jeon, D. S. Baek, S. H. Lee, G. W. Youn, H. J. Lee, M. Y. Chung, W. Sung, J. C. Park, K. B. Seung, T. H. Rho, C. M. Kim, I. S. Park, J. S. Chae, J. H. Kim, K. B. Choi, S. J. Hong, "Clinical features and prognostic factors in Korean patients hospitalized for coronary artery disease", Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 142-150, 2007.
- H. J. Jung, J. K Park, "A study on the information for hospital selection of hemodialysis patient", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 18, no. 4B, pp. 2119-2133, 2016.
- Y.M. Kim, S. H Kang, "Changes and determinants affecting on geographic variations in health behavior, prevalence of hypertension and diabetes in Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 241-254, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.241 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.241
- H. H. Jin, S. B. Lee, B. S. Do, B. Y. Chun, "Prehospital status of the patients with ischemic chest pain before admitting in the emergency department", Yeungnam University Journal of Medicine, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 41-54, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12701/yujm.2007.24.1.41 https://doi.org/10.12701/yujm.2007.24.1.41
- H. S. Oh, "Comparison of symptoms perception and hospital arrival time among patients with ischemic heart disease by gender", Journal of the Industrial Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 25-34, 2011.
- S. J. Kim, The variation factors of severity-adjusted length of stay in CABG, Unpublished doctor's thesis. The graduate school of Inje University, 2011.
- Y. B. Park, M. Y. Lee, M. Y. Cho, M. R. Kang, H. J. Kang, J. C. Yoon, D. H. Ham, "Analysis of the risk factors of ischemic heart disease", Journal of Korean Society of Cardio-Vascular Interventional Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 93-97, 2001.