- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Baked Rice Cake using Dry and Wet Rice Powder
습식과 건식 쌀가루 종류를 달리하여 구운 떡의 품질 특성
- Park, Young Mi (Dept. of Food Service Industry, Han Yang Women's University) ;
- Jung, Hyo Sun (Dept. of Culinary and Service Management, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Yoon, Hye Hyun (Dept. of Culinary and Service Management, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2017.09.09
- Accepted : 2017.10.24
- Published : 2017.10.30
This study investigated the quality characteristics of baked rice cake using dry and wet rice flour. The moisture contents, color values, texture and sensory evaluation(attribute difference and acceptance) for the samples were tested. The moisture content of baked rice cake was the highest in rice cake baked with non- glutinous rice of dry type, and rice cake baked in dry type had weaker brownishness and therefore had higher brightness value compared to the rice cake baked in wet type. In relation to the texture, the hardness was found to be the highest in the rice cake baked with wet non- glutinous rice, and the rice cake baked with glutinous rice was found to be soft. The hardness was the lowest in both wet and dry glutinous rice, and was the highest in the wet non- glutinous rice. Attribute difference test of samples showed that, the rice cake baked with glutinous rice showed clear manifestation of springiness, moistness, adhesiveness, and gumminess (except for the harness). Although the cake baked with dry rice powder showed no significant difference, the dry glutinous rice flour was preferred the most. The rice cake baked with wet glutinous rice flour was preferred the most in terms of flavor, taste, texture, and overall acceptability.
- Chiang, P. Y., & Yeh, A. I. (2002). Effect of soaking on wet-milling of rice. Journal of Cereal Science, 35, 85-94. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.2001.0419
- Choi, B. K., Kum, J. S., Lee, H. K., & Park, J. D. (2005). Quality characteristics of rice cake(Backsulgi) according to milling type and particle size. Korean Journal of Preservation, 12(3), 230-234.
- Han, S. K., & Rho, J. O. (2009). Quality characteristics of Sulgiddeok with different of commercial rice flours. Korean Journal of Society Food Science & Nutrition, 22(3), 402-408.
- Jang, S. O. (2014). A study on consumer awareness, preference, and consumption behavior regarding rice cakes. Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 30(5), 547-555. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.5.547
- Jo, Y. J., & Yoon, H. H. (2016). A study on the quality characteristics of Makpyeon prepared with dry milled rice powder. Korean Society of Food Culture, 31(3), 235-242. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.3.235
- Kang, H. J., Kim, S. H., & Lim, J. K. (2010). Effects of trehalose on moisture and texture characteristics of instant Baekseolgi prepared by microwave oven. Korean Journal of Food Technology, 42(3), 301-309.
- Kang, M. Y., Choi, Y. H., & Choi, H. C. (1997). Comparison of some characteristics relevant to rice bread processing between brown and milled rice. Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 13(1), 64-69.
- Kim, K. M., Kim, O. S., & Kim, J. G. (2007). Optimization of the sensory and physical properties of oven-roasted glutinous rice cakes prepared with dry glutinous rice flour. Journal of East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 17(6), 883-893.
- Kim, O. S. (2011). Physical and sensory properties bean-curd Sulgitteokwith dried non-glutinous rice flour. Korean Journal of Society Food Science & Nutrition, 24(4), 649-656. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.4.649
- Kim, R. Y., Kim, C. S., & Kim, H. I. (2009). Physicochemical properties of non-waxy rice flour affected by grinding methods and steeping times. Korean Journal of Society Food Science & Nutrition, 38(8), 1076-1083. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.8.1076
- Kim, S. K., & Bang, J. B. (1996). Physicochemical properties of rice affected by steeping conditions. Korean Journal of Society Food Science & Technology, 38(8), 1076-1083.
- Kim, S. K., & Choi, Y. S. (2013). The quality characteristics of rice cookies added with guava powder. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 19(3), 248-258. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2013.19.3.018
- Kim, H. J., Yoo, S. M., Han, H. M., Park, B. R., & Han, G. J. (2014). Quality characteristics of baked rice cake added with maltitol. Journal of Korean Society Food Science & Nutrition, 43(7), 1068-1074. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.7.1068
- Kim, W. S., & Shin, M. S. (2007). The properties of rice flours prepared by dry-and wet-milling of soaked glutinous and normal grains. Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 23(6), 908-918.
- Kim, Y. I., & Han, K. S. (2000). The quality characteristics of rice-Mugwortbreads. Korean Society Community Living Science, 11(1), 1-8.
- Kim, Y. I., & Kim, K. S. (1994). Expansion characteristics of Jeungpyun by dry and wet milling rice flours. Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 10(4), 329-333.
- Kum, J. S., & Lee, H. Y. (1999). The effect of varieties particles and particle size on the properties of rice flour. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 25, 541-545.
- Kwon, Y. R, Jung, M. H., Cho, J. H., Song, Y. C, Kang, H. W., Lee, W. Y., & Youn K. S. (2011). Quality characteristics of rice cookies prepared with different amylose contents. Korean Journal of Society Food Science & Nutrition, 40(6), 832-838. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.832
- Lee, M. G., Son, S. H., Choung, M. G., Kim, S. T., Ko, J. M., Han, W. Y., & Yoon, W. B. (2015). Effect of milling methods and particle size on rice cake characteristics. Food Engineering Program, 19(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.13050/foodengprog.2015.19.1.1
- Lee, M. H., Jeon, S. J., Kim, S. K., Park, H. S., & Choi, Y. S. (2011). The quality characteristics of Curcuma longa L. power Sulgitteok. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 17(5), 184-192. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2011.17.5.013
- Lee, M. H., & Lee, Y. T. (2006a). Bread-making properties of rice flours produced by dry, wet and semi-wet milling. Journal of Korean Society Food Science & Nutrition, 35(7), 886-890. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.7.886
- Lee, M. H., & Lee, Y. T. (2006b). Properties of gluten-free rice breads using different rice flours prepared by dry, wet and semi-wet milling. Food Engineering Progress, 10(3), 180-187.
- Lee, S. H., & Shin, M. S. (2009). Characteristics of preparation and rice flour with soaking and different particle size. Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 25(4), 427-434.
- Moon, E. W., Park, H. J., Na, H. S., & Park, J. S. (2015). Quality properties of rice cake containing bamboo sprout powder. Journal of Korean Society Food Culture, 30(2), 650-655. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2015.30.5.650
- Park, G. S., Kim, H. H., & Park, E. J. (2000). The sensual mechanical characteristics of Dohaengbyoung in according to concentrations of glutinous rice. Korean Journal of Society of Food & Cookery Science, 16(6), 670-676.
- Park, K. A., Jung, H. S., & Yoon, H. H. (2016). Quality characteristics of Haengbyeong using dry rice flour added with raw apricot juice and steamed apricot juice. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 22(4), 24-36. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2016.22.6.003003003
- Park, Y. M., & Yoon, H. H. (2012). Quality characteristics of Sulgidduck using dry rice powder added with different amounts of milk. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 18(5), 267-278. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2012.18.5.019
- Park, Y. M., & Yoon, H. H. (2014). Quality characteristics of Sulgitteok using dry non-glutinous rice flour with added various sweeteners. Korean Journal of Food & Cookery Science, 30(5), 517-525. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.5.517
- Ryu, Y. K., Kim, Y. O., & Kim, K. M. (2008). Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk by the addition of Tofu. Korean Journal of Society of Food & Cookery Science, 24(6), 856-860.