- Volume 30 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An evaluation of heat on protein oxidation of soy protein isolate or soy protein isolate mixed with soybean oil in vitro and its consequences on redox status of broilers at early age
- Zhang, Xianglun (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Lu, Peng (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Xue, Wenyue (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Wu, Dawei (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Wen, Chao (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Zhou, Yanmin (College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University)
- Received : 2016.09.11
- Accepted : 2017.01.08
- Published : 2017.08.01
Objective: The objective of this study was to evaluate effects of heat treatment and soybean oil inclusion on protein oxidation of soy protein isolate (SPI) and of oxidized protein on redox status of broilers at an early age. Methods: SPI mixed with soybean oil (SPIO) heated at
- Wu W, Hou L, Zhang C, Kong X, Hua Y. Structural modification of soy protein by 13-hydroperoxyoctadecadienoic acid. Eur Food Res Technol 2009;229:771-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-009-1113-1
- Shacter, E. Quantification and significance of protein oxidation in biological samples. Drug Metab Rev 2000;32:307-26. https://doi.org/10.1081/DMR-100102336
- Boatright WL, Hettiarachchy NS. Effect of lipids on soy protein isolate solubility. J Am Oil Chem Soc 1995;72:1439-44. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02577835
- Cucu T, Devreese B, Kerkaert B, et al. A comparative study of lipid and hypochlorous acid induced oxidation of soybean proteins. LWTFood Sci Technol 2013;50:451-8.
- Hohn A, Konig J, Grune T. Protein oxidation in aging and the removal of oxidized proteins. J Proteomics 2013;92:132-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jprot.2013.01.004
- Zhou F, Zhao M, Cui C, Sun W. Influence of linoleic acid-induced oxidative modifications on physicochemical changes and in vitro digestibility of porcine myofibrillar proteins. LWT-Food Sci Technol 2015;61:414-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2014.12.037
- Lusas EW, Riaz MN. Soy protein products: processing and use. J Nutr 1995;3:573S-80S.
- Waller JC. Byproducts and unusual feedstuffs. Feedstuffs Reference Issue 2010;82:18-23.
- Zhang X, Lu P, Xue W, et al. Digestive evaluation of soy isolate protein as affected by heat treatment and soy oil inclusion in broilers at an early age. Anim Sci J 2016;87:1291-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/asj.12575
- Tang X, Wu Q, Le G, Shi Y. Effects of heat treatment on structural modification and in vivo antioxidant capacity of soy protein. Nutrition 2012;28:1180-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2012.03.011
- Huang Y, Hua Y, Qiu A. Soybean protein aggregation induced by lipoxygenase catalyzed linoleic acid oxidation. Food Res Int 2006;39:240-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2005.07.012
- Yin FG, Liu YL, Yin YL, et al. Dietary supplementation with Astragalus polysaccharide enhances ileal digestibilities and serum concentrations of amino acids in early weaned piglets. Amino Acids 2009;37:263-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00726-008-0142-6
- Zhang J, Hu Z, Lu C, et al. Effect of various levels of dietary curcumin on meat quality and antioxidant profile of breast muscle in broilers. J Agric Food Chem 2015;63:3880-6. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf505889b
- Placer ZA, Cushman LL, Johnson BC. Estimation of product of lipid peroxidation (malonyl dialdehyde) in biochemical systems. Anal Biochem 1966;16:359-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(66)90167-9
- Witko-Sarsat V, Friedlander M, Capeillere-Blandin C, et al. Advanced oxidation protein products as a novel marker of oxidative stress in uremia. Kidney Int 1996;49:1304-13. https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.1996.186
- Levine RL, Garland D, Oliver CN, et al. Determination of carbonyl content in oxidatively modified proteins. Methods Enzymol 1990;186:464-78.
- Berlett BS, Stadtman ER. Protein oxidation in aging, disease, and oxidative stress. J Biol Chem 1997;272:20313-6. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.272.33.20313
- Wu W, Wu X, Hua Y. Structural modification of soy protein by the lipid peroxidation product acrolein. LWT-Food Sci Technol 2010;43:133-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2009.05.006
- Cucu T, Devreese B, Mestdagh F, Kerkaert B, De Meulenaer B. Protein lipid interactions during the incubation of whey proteins with autoxidizing lipids. Int Dairy J 2011;21:427-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idairyj.2011.01.003
- Tironi VA, Tomas MC, Anon MC. Structural and functional changes in myofibrillar proteins of sea salmon (Pseudopercis semifasciata) by interaction with malonaldehyde (RI). J Food Sci 2002;67:930-5.
- Wu W, Zhang C, Hua Y. Structural modification of soy protein by the lipid peroxidation product malondialdehyde. J Sci Food Agric 2009;89:1416-23. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3606
- Thomas JA, Mallis RJ. Aging and oxidation of reactive protein sulfhydryls. Exp Gerontol 2001;36:1519-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0531-5565(01)00137-1
- Eaton P. Protein thiol oxidation in health and disease: techniques for measuring disulfides and related modifications in complex protein mixtures. Free Radical Bio Med 2006;40:1889-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2005.12.037
- Davies KJA. Degradation of oxidized proteins by the 20S proteasome. Biochimie 2001;83:301-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9084(01)01250-0
- Mates JM, Perez-Gomez C, Blanca M. Chemical and biological activity of free radical scavengers in allergic diseases. Clin Chim Acta 2000;296:1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-8981(00)00215-1
- Halliwell B, Gutteridge JMC. Free radicals in biology and medicine. USA: Oxford University Press; 2015.
- Servettaz A, Guilpain P, Goulvestre C, et al. Radical oxygen species production induced by advanced oxidation protein products predicts clinical evolution and response to treatment in systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis 2007;66:1202-9. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2006.067504
- Noda Y, Kaneyuki T, Mori A, Packer L. Antioxidant activities of pomegranate fruit extract and its anthocyanidins: delphinidin, cyanidin, and pelargonidin. J Agric Food Chem 2002;50:166-71. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0108765
- Heo SJ, Park EJ, Lee KW, Jeon YJ. Antioxidant activities of enzymatic extracts from brown seaweeds. Bioresour Technol 2005;96:1613-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2004.07.013
- Droge W. Free radicals in the physiological control of cell function. Physiol Rev 2002;82:47-95. https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00018.2001