- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A statistical procedure of analyzing container ship operation data for finding fuel consumption patterns
연료 소비 패턴 발견을 위한 컨테이너선 운항데이터 분석의 통계적 절차
- Received : 2017.07.05
- Accepted : 2017.10.08
- Published : 2017.10.31
This study proposes a statistical procedure for analyzing container ship operation data that can help determine fuel consumption patterns. We first investigate the features that affect fuel consumption and develop the prediction model to find current fuel consumption. The ship data can be divided into two-type data. One set of operation data includes sea route, voyage information, longitudinal water speed, longitudinal ground speed, and wind, the other includes machinery data such as engine power, rpm, fuel consumption, temperature, and pressure. In this study, we separate the effects of external force on ships according to Beaufort Scale and apply a partial least squares regression to develop a prediction model.
ship operation efficiency;Beaufort Scale;PLS regression
- American Bureau of Shipping (2013). Ship Energy Efficiency Measures: Status and Guidance, ABS, Houston.
- Ando, H. (2015). How We Tackle IoT of Ship: Data Utilization and Standardization, International Seminar on Practical Use of Maritime Big Data, MTI, Tokyo.
- Armstrong, V. N. (2013). Vessel optimisation for low carbon shipping, Ocean Engineering, 73, 195-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.06.018
- Ballou, P. J. (2013). Ship energy efficiency management requires a total solution approach, Marine Technology Society Journal, 47, 83-95.
- Bjorck, A. (1996). Numerical Methods for Least Squares Problems, SIAM, Philadelphia.
- Geladi, P. and Kowalski, B. R. (1986). Partial least-squares regression: a tutorial, Analytica Chimica Acta, 185, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2670(86)80028-9
- Jun, C. H. (2012). Data Mining Techniques and Applications, Hannarae, Seoul.
- Kwon Y.-J. and Kim D. Y. (2005). A research on the approximate formulae for the speed loss at sea, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 19, 90-93.
- Moon, D. S. H. and Woo, J. K. (2014). The impact of port operations on efficient ship operation from both economic and environmental perspectives, Maritime Policy & Management, 41, 444-461. https://doi.org/10.1080/03088839.2014.931607
Grant : 친환경선박 TCS 시스템 구축
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원