- Volume 8 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Effects of ego resilience and self-esteem on life satisfaction of senior golf participants
시니어 골프 참여자의 자아탄력성과 자아존중감이 생활만족에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Je-Haeng (Elementary Physical Education, Gyeongin National University of Education) ;
- Cho, Gun-Sang (Physical Education, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2017.09.07
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of ego resilience and self-esteem on life satisfaction of senior golf participants. This study sampled senior golf participants in Gyeonggi-do area. Data from a total of effective 287 subjects was analyzed. The collected data was processed using the SPSS 24.0, and For the validity of the questionnaire, exploratory factor analysis was performed, reliability analysis, correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis were conducted. The results are as follows; First, The correlation between ego-resilience, self-esteem and life satisfaction of senior golf participants is statistically significant. Second, The positive attitude of ego-resilience of senior golf participants has a statistically significant effect on self-esteem. Third, The supportive relationship and positive attitude of ego resilience of senior golf participants have a statistically significant effect on life satisfaction. Lastly The positive and negative variables of self-esteem of senior golf participants have a statistically significant effect on life satisfaction.
- M. Y. Kim, "Use of Fashion Information Sources and Fashion Store Selection Criteria Based on the Subjective Age of New Senior Consumers." Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 91-107, 2015.
- J. Y. Park, E. S. Lee, "A Study on Values Orientation and Fashion Image in the New Senior Generation." Journal of the Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 145-157, 2017.
- O. K. Yang, M. M. Choi, "Korean's Han and Resilience Application to Mental Health Social Work." Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 11, pp. 7-29, 2001
- S. S. Luthar., "The construct of resilience: Applications in interventions; Keynote address, XX-XII." Banff International Conference on Behavioral Sciences; Banff, AB, Canada, Mar, 2000.
- Cicchetti D, Toth SL., "Perspectives on research and practice in developmental psychopathology. In: Damon W, editor. Handbook of child psychology 5. Vol. 4(pp. 479-583)." New York: Wiley, 1998.
- Block, J., & Kremen, A. M., "IQ and ego-resiliency: Conceptual and empirical connections and separateness." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.70, pp. 349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1999
- M. H. Kim, S. H. Kim., "Development of an Ego-resilience Scale for Middle School Students." The Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 189-206, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.11.1.201003.189
- Shavelson, R. J., Hubner, J. J., & Stanton, G. C. (1976). Validation of construct interpretation. Review of Educational Research, 46, 407-441 https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543046003407
- Rosenberg, M., "Society and self-image. Princeton." NJ: Princeton University Press, 1965.
- Nagar, S., Sharma, S., & Chopra, G., "Self-esteem among rural girls." Anthropologists, Vol.10, pp.151-154, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/09720073.2008.11891041
- Dykens, E. M., Rosner, B. A., & Butterbaugh, G., "Exercise and sports in children and adolescents with developmental disabilities: Positive physical and psychosocial effects." Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 757-771, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1056-4993(18)30210-4
- Schmalz, D. L, Deane, G. D., Birch, L. L., & Davison, K. K., "A longitudinal assessment of the links between physical activity and self-esteem in early adolescent non-hispanic females." Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol.41, No.6, pp.559-565, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2007.07.001
- Slutzky, C. B., & Simpkins, S. D., "The link between children's sport participation and self-esteem: Exploring the mediating role of sport self- concept." Psychology of Sport and Exercise, Vol.10, pp.381-389, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychsport.2008.09.006
- H. M. Kang, "Future Prospect on Korean Old People's leisure Activities through the Analysis of Major Social Indicators.". Journal of leisure and recreation studies, Vol. 27, pp. 79-92, 2004.
- H. J. Na, "A Study on the role of leisure of the Elderly for upgrading of the quality of life." Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 53-70, 2004.
- S. L. Lee, S. H. Cho, "Aging and Wisdom: An Integrated Conceptualization of Successful Aging." Korean Journal of Psychological Social Issues, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 65-87, 2007.
- C. H. Hahm, S. O. Kang, "Study of Elderly Problems as the Social Problems and the Leisure Concept for the Elderly Life." Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 177-188, 2008.
- Wenzel, K., Reilly, M., & Lee, Y., "Outcome measurements a specialized day program." 2002 Annual National Therapeutic Recreation Society Institute, National Recreation and Park Association Congress. Tampa, FL. 2002.
- S. S. Lim, J. S. Kim, "Development and Validation of the Resilience Scale for the Elderly in Korea (RSEK)." The Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 1805-1822, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.4.200912.1805
- Crandall, R., "The measurement of self-esteem and related constructs." In J. P. Robinson, & P. R. Shaver, Measures of social psychological attitudes. Ann Arbor: Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan. 1973.
- H. M. Kyung, "The Influence of Elderlies' Sports Involvement on Their Life Satisfaction." Korea Journal of sports Science. Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 101-112, 1998.
- S. R. Ma, "A Causal study of relationship between elders' sport participation, self-esteem, loneliness, and psychological well-being." Korean Journal of sport Psychology, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 51-64, 2001.
- G. B. Kim, J. Y. Park. "The Effects of Physical Activity Participation on the Life Satisfaction and Self-Esteem of the Elderly." Journal of Sport Science Research, Vol. 19, pp. 3-19, 2000.
- S. H. Lee, I. K. Jeon, "Analysis of Research Trends in Physical Education for the Elderly and Its Realistic Approach." The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 121-132, 2009.
- P. M. Kim, Y. H. Lim, "An effect of self-perception toward health-related problem on the self-esteem of youth -Focusing on the moderating effect of ego-resilience." Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 20, No. 10, pp. 143-167, 2013.
- Y. S. Kim, "Study on the satisfaction of the elderly participating in senior aerobics." Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 33-46, 2003.
- Y. J. Choi, "Effect of The Degree of The Participation In Dance for all on Life Satisfaction and Self-esteem." Journal of leisure and recreation studies, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 71-83, 2006.
- W. J. Lee, "The Relationships among Depression, Self-Esteem and Life Satisfaction of Elderly Institution Residents." Health & Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 31-38, 2006.
- H Lee, "Development of Relation Model for Life Satisfaction Depending on Elder's Participation in Sport and Leisure Activities. 2007.
- J. Y. Kim, B. S. Kwon, "The Relationship of Life Stress, Self-esteem and Life Satisfaction in Elderly." Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 37, pp. 111-130, 2007.
- Y. R. Kweon, "Relationships of Self-Esteem, Resilience, and Occupational Self Efficacy among Nursing Students." Korean Academic Society of Womens Health, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 2016.
- J. S. Huh, W. H. Choi, "Periodic Exercise and Psychological Well-Being among the Elderly Persons." The Korean Journal of Public Health, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 1-11, 2011.
- J. S. Huh, "Psychological Well-being as a Function of Exercise Participation and Subjective Health Evaluation in the Elderly." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 111-127, 2003.
- Krause N, "Life stress, social support, and self-esteem in an elderly population." Psychol Aging. Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 349-56. 1997.