- Volume 8 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Convergent Research on Balancing Experience of Work and Child care of North Korean Female Defectors
북한이탈여성의 일과 자녀돌봄 양립 경험에 관한 융합연구
- Kim, Yoojung (Department of Social Welfare, Gachon University)
- 김유정 (가천대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2017.08.31
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.28
This qualitative research is conducted to explore the balancing experience of work and child care of North Korean female defectors. Five of North Korean female defectors from double income family in their 40's were selected and interviewed. The interview data were analyzed by a phenomenological qualitative method. The five categories were derived from the data and included as follows:
- 2016 Statistics of North Korean Defectors' Resettlement, Ministry of Unification.
- S. Kim, "Change of North Korean Society and Family culture after 1990", Korean Family Social Welfare. pp. 12-28, 2015.
- Y. Kim, Diaspora Experience of North Korean Adolescent Defectors. Ewha Womans University, Ph D. thesis, 2012.
- J. Y. Lee, "A Phenomenological Study on the Child-rearing Experience of North Korean Female Defectors with Young Children Korean", Journal of Child care & Education, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 85-106.
- H. Choi, H. Kang, "North Korean Defector Parents' Perception of School Activities Participation," Journal of Open Parent Education, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 87-100, 20
- J. E. Jung, J. K. Choi, "Phenomenological Study on the Parenting Experience of North Korean Female Defectors with Adolescent Children", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 375-419, 2015. https://doi.org/10.16999/kasws.2015.46.4.375
- S. Hong, "The North Korean Female Defectors and Their Settlement Tasks: From the Family Perspective", Institute for Peace Affairs. Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 173-205, 2012.
- K. Y. Lee, M. K. Kim, J. W. Baik, "A Study on the Child-Raising Experiences of North Korean Defector Women with Children Born in China" Journal of Korean Family Relations, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 213-240, 2014.
- M. R. Han, "Transnational Mother Experience of North Korean Women Defectors", Journal of Multiculture and Peace, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 160-178, 2015. https://doi.org/10.22446/mnpisk.2015.9.2.007
- E. Lee, "A qualitative study on female North Korean defectors' experience of vocational education and job-seeking strategies.", Korea Science & art forum , Vol. 27, pp. 173-189, 2017. https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2017.01.27.173
- J. H. Jung, S. H. Sohn, J. K. Lee, "Educational and Training of Female North Korean Refugees-Does It Promote Their Employment?", International Journal of Korean Unification Studies, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 267-296, 2013.
- J. Choi, "Enhancing Local Employment and Settlement of the North Korean defectors for Preparing Korea Reunification." Journal of Asia-Pacific Studies, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 181-211, 2014. https://doi.org/10.18107/japs.2014.21.3.007
- H. Kim, S. Kim, M. Kim, "Study on Enhancing Competency for Employability of North Korean Refugees", Occupation and Employment Services Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 45-79, 2014.
- J. P. Park, "Female Sataemin's Child care and Work: The Current State and Support Measures", Vol. 28, pp. 97-135, 2009.
- S. K. Choi, "North Korean female defector's Adaptation Resettlement in South Korea from Gender Perspective", Journal of Peace Studies, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 327-347, 2011.
- J. Lee, "A narrative on Badminton Sports club Activity and Adaption of a North Korean refugee child", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 333-343, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.333
- A. Giorgi, Phenomenology and psychological research, Duquesne University Press, 1985.
- A. Giorgi, Qualitative research methodology : advanced workshop on the descriptive phenomenological method, 2004.
- Y. S. Lincoln, E. G. Guba, Naturalistic Inquiry. Sage Publications, 1985.
- Y. Chung, Y. Kim, "A Study on the Work-Family Balance of Female North Korean Defectors", North Korean Defectors' Foundation, 2013.