- Volume 8 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Medical Institution's Corporate Social Responsibility on Organization and Management Performance
의료기관의 사회적 책임이 조직성과와 경영성과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.08.21
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.28
The empathy for the corporate social responsibility(CSR) is rapidly expanding around the global company, its range having already spread to the whole world, and CSR activities are actively being carried out. Recently, CSR of the medical institution is not selectively accommodated and applied, but is perceived as a basic capacity and responsibility for sustainable growth and development of medical institution. In this study, the effect of social responsibility of medical institutions on the management performance and organization performance was analyzed. It can be seen that there is a need for a strategy utilizing CSR and organization performance in order to accomplish management goal which is the ultimate output of the organization. It is expected that this study contributes to study related to medical institution CSR as well as suggest a strategy direction through CSR.
Medical institutions;Corporate social responsibility;Organization performance;Management performance
- S. H. Kang, Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) and Organizational Performance of Korean Hospitals: Workers' Perception and Its Implication. Yonsei University, Ph.D. thesis, 2013.
- G. C. Lee, M. S. Yoo, "Organizational Accountability in Health Care :Developing a Model for Analysis", Korean J. of Health Policy & Administration, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.213-248. 2011. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2011.21.2.213
- A. McWilliams and D. Siegal, Corporate social responsibility and financial performance: Correlation of misspecification? Strategic Management Journal. Vol. 21, No.5, pp.603-609, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0266(200005)21:5<603::AID-SMJ101>3.0.CO;2-3
- S. G. Ji, "The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Brand Equity", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.2251-2269, 2010.
- H. W. Park, J. H. Hahn, "A Study on the Effect of CSR on Employees' Organizational Commitment and OCB", Korean Academy of Organization and Management, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp.115-140, 2011.
- G. H. Kim, A Study on the Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Organizational Performance in Public Corporations : Focusing on Moderating Effects of Organizational Trust. Inha University, Ph.D. thesis, 2013.
- H. W. Yoo, "Inpatient care focused strategy and convergence performance in hospitals", Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.59-66, 2016.
- A. Carroll, The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders, Business Horizons, Vol. 34, No.2, pp.39-48, 1991.
- T. J. Brown and P. A. Dacin., The company and the product: Corporate association and consumer product responses. Journal of Marketing, Vol.61, No.1, pp.68-84, 1997.
- S. A. Waddock and S. B. Graves, The corporate social performance-financial performance link. Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 18, pp.303-319, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0266(199704)18:4<303::AID-SMJ869>3.0.CO;2-G
- L. Preston, and D. O'Bannon, The corporate social-financial performance relationship. Business and Society, Vol.36, No.1, pp.5-31, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/000765039703600102
- I. J. Kim, An Empirical Study of Hospitals' Medical Service Quality, Ethical Management, and Organizational Performance. Keimyung University, Ph.D. thesis, 2012.
- M. L. Pava and J. Krausz, The association between corporate social responsibility and financial performance: The paradox of social cost. Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp.321-357, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00382958
- H. J. Kim, The Effects of Ethical Management on Business Performance in the Hospital. Kosin University, Ph.D. thesis, 2012.
- S. P. Ellen, L. A. Mohr, and D. J. Webb, Building corporate associations: consumer attributions for corporate socially responsible programs. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No.2, pp.147-157, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070305284976
- W. J. Son, "The Empirical Study on Interrelationship between Strategy, MCS, Corporate's Performance and Role of Controller", Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.303-314, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.303
- S. Sen and C. B. Bhattacharya, Does doing good always lead to doing getter? comsumer reactions to corporate social responsibility. Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.225-243, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.220.127.116.1138
- S. K. Bae, S. J. Kwon, "A Study on Index for Business Ethics of Korean Hospitals", The Kosim Journal of Health Sciences, Vol. 20, pp.111-121. 2010.
- H. P. Lin, W. C. Huang, H. F. Chen, Y. P. Ke, An empirical study of Taiwan's hospital foundation investment in corporate social responsibility and financial performance. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 78, pp.345-349, 2011.
- Y. C. Lee, S. S. Lee, "Corporate Social Responsibility, Innovation Capability, and Organizational Performance: A Structural Approach", Social Enterprise Studies, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.93-117, 2008.
- W. J. Son, "Global Service Quality of Service Centers in Automotive Brands to Improve Consumer-brand Relationship Quality", Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.167-182, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.167