- Volume 8 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Exploring Influence Factors for Peer Attachment in Korean Youth Based on Multi-Layer Perceptron Artificial Neural Networks
인공신경망을 이용한 청소년의 또래 애착 영향 요인 탐색
- Byeon, Haewon (Department of Speech Language Pathology, Honam University)
- 변해원 (호남대학교 보건과학대학 언어치료학과)
- Received : 2017.08.02
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.28
The aim of the present study was to analyze the factors that affects the peer attachment in Korean youth. Subjects were 419 middle school students (210 male, 209 female). Dependent variable was defined as peer attachment. Explanatory variables were included as gender, academic achievement satisfaction, subjective household economy level, parent - child dialogue frequency, subjective health status, depression symptom, self - esteem, subjective life satisfaction, and mobile phone dependency. In the multi-layer perceptron artificial neural network algorithm analysis, depression symptoms, gender, parent-child dialogue level for school life, subjective household economy level, subjective health status were significantly associated with peer attachment in Korean youth. Based on this result, systematic programs are required in order to prevention of peer attachment in Korean youth.
Convergence;Datamining;Neural network;peer attachment;risk factors;Korean youth
- H. Lee, E. Jung, "A study on prediction models for adolescent attachment types of parents, teachers and peers using data mining", The Korean Journal Child Education, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 23-38, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17643/KJCE.2016.25.4.02
- B. No, S. Park, S. Yi, H. J. Park, "Trajectories of adolescents' peer attachment and their predictors : a multiple group analysis according to gender", Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 149-177, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14816/sky.2016.27.1.149
- G. C. Armsden, M. T. Greenberg, "The inventory of parent and peer attachment: Individual differences and their relationship to psychological well-being in adolescence", Journal of youth and adolescence, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 427-454, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02202939
- W. S. Min, W. M. Park, S. M. Cheon, Y. S. Lee, "The relationships among social anxiety, aggression and peer relations affected by adult attachment types for the 5th and 6th graders in elementary school", Journal Of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 115-140, 2007.
- J. C. Kim, J. S. Gyeong, W. H. Choe, "Effects of parents, teachers and friends' attachment on aggression in early adolescence", The Korean Journal Child Education, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 97-113, 2010.
- H. Byeon, "The factors of participating in a smoking cessation program using integrated method of decision tree and neural network algorithm", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 25-30, 2015.
- Korea Youth Policy Institute, Panel survey of local children's centers, Korea Youth Policy Institute, 2015.
- M. K. Hwang, The relationship between parent-peer attachment of multi-culture children and social anxiety. Pukyong University, Med. thesis, 2010.
- H. Byeon, "The prediction model for self-reported voice problem using a decision tree model", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 3368-3373, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3368
- S. H. Cho, H. Byeon, "A prediction modeling for endocrine disorders in korean elderly", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 213-222, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.10.09
- Y. Ko, "The relationship among father, mother, peer attachment and subjective well-being in middle school students", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 16, pp. 111-131, 2008.
- W. I. M. Meeus, A. Oosterwegel, W. Vollebergh, "Parental and peer attachment and identity development in adolescence", Journal of adolescence, Vol. 25, No. 1, 93-106, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jado.2001.0451
- A. Millings, R. Buck, A. Montgomery, M. Spears, P. Stallard, "School connectedness, peer attachment, and self-esteem as predictors of adolescent depression", Journal of adolescence, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 1061-1067, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2012.02.015
- H. I. Kwon, B. J. Ham, J. W. Paik, S. Y. Suh, J. H. Kwon, "Psychosocial functioning in depression", Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 1117-1133, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2010.29.4.011
- D. Seals, J. Young, "Bullying and victimization: Prevalence and relationship to gender, grade level, ethnicity, self-esteem, and depression", Adolescence, Vol. 38, No. 152, pp. 735-747. 2003.