- Volume 31 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Vortex-Induced Vibration Analysis of Deep-Sea Riser
심해 라이저의 와류유기 진동해석
- Park, Seongjong (Central Research Institute, Samsung Heavy Industry) ;
- Kim, Bongjae (Central Research Institute, Samsung Heavy Industry)
- Received : 2017.06.27
- Accepted : 2017.10.19
- Published : 2017.10.31
A numerical model based on the mode superposition method is used to study the vortex-induced vibration response characteristics of a deep-sea riser such as steel catenary riser (SCR). A steel catenary riser can be modeled using a flexible cable with simple supports at both ends. The natural frequency, mode shape and mode curvature of the riser are calculated and the vortex-induced vibration response of the riser is obtained using the equilibrium of the input and output power. The mode superposition method is applied to the vibrational stresses for each mode to calculate the overall riser fatigue life.
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV), 2006. Recommended Practice DNVRP- F105, Free Spanning Pipelines, Det Norske Veritas.
- Gao, Y., Zong, Z., Sun, L., 2011. Numerical Prediction of Fatigue Damage in Steel Catenary Riser due to Vortex-Induced Vibration. Journal of Hydrodynamics, 23(2), 154-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(10)60099-6
- Gopalkrishnan, R., 1993. Vortex-Induced Forces on Oscillating Bluff Cylinders, Sc. D. Thesis. Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Woods Hole Oceabigraphic Institute.
- Kim, K.H., 2013. Dynamic Response Analysis of Top-Tensioned Riser under Sheared Cureent Load. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 27(4), 83-89. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.4.083
- Park, S.J., Kwon, H.J., Lee, I., Han, J.H., 2004. Flow-Induced Vibration Analysis of Bridge Girder Section. Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 14(5), 402-409. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2004.14.5.402
- Vandiver, J.K., Li, L., 2005. SHEAR7 V4.4 Program Theoretical Manual. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Vandiver, J.K., Li, L., 2015. User Guide for SHEAR7 Version 4.9a. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Venugopal, M., 1996. Damping and Response Prediction of a Flexible Cylinder in a Current, Ph.D. Thesis. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Vikestad, K., 1998. Multi-Frequency Response of a Cylinder Subjected to Vortex Shedding and Support Motions, Ph.D. Thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Vikestad, K., Larsen, C.M., Vandiver, J.K., 2000. Damping of Vortex-Induced Vibrations. Offshore Technology Conference, Paper No. OTC 11998, Houston, Texas.
- Youn, J.Y., 2016. Dynamic Response and Fatigue Life Estimation of Top-Tensioned Marine Riser according to the Methods to Determine Power-in Region and Distribution, Master Thesis. Pusan National University.