- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparative Analysis of Magnetic Slot Wedges Design for Increasing Performance of Railway Traction Motor
- Liu, Huai-Cong (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Cho, Sooyoung (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Hong, Hyun-Seok (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Joo, Kyoung-Jin (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Ham, Sang-Hwan (Dept. of Electrical and Railway Engineering, Kyungil University) ;
- Lee, Ju (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 투고 : 2017.01.13
- 심사 : 2017.06.22
- 발행 : 2017.11.01
This study focuses on the effects of using open stator slots in an interior permanent magnet traction motor with a magnetic slot wedge design in order to increase the power density at its base speed. In addition, such a configuration reduces the torque ripple under field-weakening conditions. Five different wedge models were selected, each of which was evaluated using a finite element analysis (FEA). Based on the initial model, we designed magnetic slot wedges for maximum back-EMF and minimum cogging torque. In addition, the d-q axis inductance was slightly altered due to the magnetic slot wedges. Finally, we analyzed the performance of a traction machine under field weakening control. Moreover, we have outlined the requirements for an ideal magnetic slot wedge design.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- R.E Kim, J.C Kim B.C Kim, Y.H Park, J.S Han, "Development of totally enclosed traction motor for low floor tram", The Korean Society for Railway spring conference, pp. 1642-1646, 2011.
- S.K. Yang, G.C. Jeong, H.C. Liu, C.B. Park, H.W. Lee, J. Lee, "A study on traction motor design for a Tram-Train which takes into consideration of a permanent magnet scattering", ICEMS, 18th International Conference on pp.1494-1497, 2015.
- K. Kiyota and A. Chiba, "Design of switched reluctance motor competitive to 60-kW IPMSM in third -generation hybrid electric vehicle," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2303-2309, Nov./Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2227091
- T. Kosaka, T. Hirose, and N. Matsui, "Experimental studies on drive performances of less rare-earth PM hybrid excitation motor," in Proc. 8th IEEE ICPE ECCE, pp. 161-168, Jun. 2011.
- L. Zhu, S. Z. Jiang, Z. Q. Zhu, and C. C. Chan, "Analytical methods for minimizing cogging torque in permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 2023-2031, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2011363
- N. Bianchi and S. Bolognani, "Design techniques for reducing the cogging torque in surface-mounted PM motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1259-1265, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.802989
- G.W. Cho, W.S. Jang, K.B. Jang and G.T. Kim "The Optimal design of fractional-slot SPM to reduce cogging torque and vibration", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 753-758, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.753
- J. Hur, B.W. Kim "Rotor Shape Design of an Interior PM Type BLDC Motor for Improving Mechanical Vibration and EMI Characteristics" Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 462-467, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.3.462
- S.J. K, E.J. Park, Y.J. Kim "Optimal design of ferromagnetic pole pieces for transmission torque ripple reduction in a magnetic-geared machine" Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology vol. 6, no.11, pp. 1628-1633, Nov. 2016.
- G. D. Donato, F. G. Capponi, and F. Caricchi, "On the use of magnetic wedges in axial flux permanent magnet machines", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., vol. 60, vol. 11, pp. 4831-4840, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2225392