- Volume 12 Issue 6
Applying a periodic load torque to an AC motor generates a ripple, which is synchronized to the frequency of the periodic load torque, at the speed of the motor. Consequently, numerous studies have focused on reducing the speed ripple caused by the load torque. However, it is difficult to reduce the speed ripple when there is a time delay in acquiring speed information, such as that from a sensorless control. Therefore, we propose a speed control method for reducing speed ripples caused by a periodic load torque when there is a time delay in acquiring the speed information. The proposed method is verified by conducting simulations using the Simulink program from MATLAB, and by applying the method to an actual motor in which speed ripples occur due to a periodic load torque that is synchronized with the speed of the motor.
Proportional-integral-resonant controller;Torque ripple;Speed ripple;Time delay;All-pass filter
- K. Kenzo, O. Tsutomu and S. Takashi, "Application trends in AC motor drives," IEEE IECON Conf. Rec., pp. 31-36, 1992.
- W. Leonhard, Control of electrical drives, 2nd ed., Springer, 1996.
- D. W. Novotny and etc., Vector control and dynamics of AC drives, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1998.
- F. Briz and etc, "Speed measurement using rotary encoders for high performance AC drives," IEEE IECON '94, vol. 1, pp. 528-542, 1994.
- T. Ohtani and etc, "Vector control of induction motor without shaft encoder," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 157-164, Jan./Feb., 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.120225
- T. Kume, et al., "High speed vector control without encoder for a high speed spindle motor," IEEE IAS Conf. Rec., pp. 390-394, 1990.
- K. Sakamoto, Y. Iwaji, T. Endo and Y. Takakura, "Position and speed sensorless control for PMSM drive using direct position error estimation," IEEE IECON Conf. Rec., pp. 1680-1685, 2001.
- Z. Chen, M. Tomita, S. Ichikawa, S. Doki and S. Okuma, "Sensorless control of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor by estimation of an extended electromotive force," IEEE IAS Conf. Rec., vol. 3, pp. 1814-1819, Oct. 2000.
- Y. C. Son, B. H. Bae and S. K. Sul, "Sensorless operation of permanent magnet motor using direct voltage sensing circuit," IEEE IAS Conf. Rec., pp. 1674-1678, 2002.
- H. Kim and etc., "A New Motor Speed Estimator Using Kalman Filter in Low-Speed Range," IEEE Transaction on Industry Application, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 701-705, August, 1991.
- S. Fukuda, T. yoda "A Novel Current-Tracking Method for Active Filters based on a Sinusoidal Internal Model," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 888-895, May/June. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.924772
- Changliang Xia and etc., "Smooth Speed Control for Low-Speed High-Torque Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor Using Proportional-Integral- Resonant Controller," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 4, April, 2015.
- G. Franklin and etc., Feedback Control of Dynamic System, 2nd ed., Addison-Weseley, pp. 361-458, 1991.
- Benjamin C. Kuo, Automatic Control Systems, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, 2009.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)