- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Correlation between the Gait Analysis Indices and Lumbar X-ray Indicators
보행과 기립위 요추 방사선 지표와의 상관성 연구
- Park, Jong-Han (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University) ;
- Jeong, Su-Hyeon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University)
- Received : 2017.09.14
- Accepted : 2017.09.29
- Published : 2017.10.31
Objectives This study was designed to investigate the correlation between the gait analysis indices and Lumbar X-ray indicators. Methods 21 cases of patients who received treatment from October 2013 to February 2017 for abnormal posture were analyzed. Three indicators were measured in the lumbar spine X-ray. These indicators include Ferguson's angle, Lumbar lordotic angle, L4-5 IVD angle. Gait analysis indices were estimated by Treadmill Gait Analysis system. The data were analyzed to find out correlation between the gait analysis indices and Lumbar X-ray indicators. Spearman correlation was used. Results Ferguson's angle and Difference of gait balance of front and rear had a negative linear relationship, but there was no statistical significance. Lumbar lordotic angle and Difference of gait balance of front and rear had a negative linear relationship, but there was no statistical significance. L4-5 IVD angle and Difference of gait balance of right and left had a negative linear relationship, but there was no statistical significance. Conclusions Difference of gait balance of front and rear had strong level of a negative linear relationship with Ferguson's angle and Lumbar lordotic angle.
Ferguson's angle;Lumbar lordotic angle;L4-5 IVD angle;Gait Analysis
Supported by : 세명대학교
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. The 7th edition Second. Seoul : Choisin publisher. 2013:1658.
- Zajac FE, Neptune RR, Kautz SA. Biomechanics and muscle coordination of human walking: part II: lessons from dynamical simulations and clinical implications. 2013;Feb;17(1):1-17.
- Kim Minju, Kim Juyeon, Lee Hyewon, Yim Juyeon, Ha Hyunjin, An Jinho. The Foot Pressure Change Caused by Functional Leg Length Having an Effect on the Foot Temperature. Journal of Korean Society of Integrative Medicine. 2013;1(2):37-46.
- Palmer ML, Epler ME. Fundamentals of musculoskeletal assessment techniques. 2nd ed, New York, Raven Press.
- Terry R. Yochum, Lindsay J. Rove. Essemtials of Skeletal Radiology Second Edition Volume One. Baltimore : Williams & Wilkins A Waverly Company. 1996:159-61.
- Ji-hye Kim, Tae-young Oh. The Comparison of Characteristics of Foot pressure between Treadmill and Ground walking in Normal person. Journal of the Korean Society of Physical Medicine. 2010;5(1):55-61.
- Gil-Jae Lee, Kyung-Moo Park, Je-Yeon Lim, Yun-Kyung Song, Hyung-Ho Lim. The Clinical Study of the Ferguson's Angle, Lumbar Lordotic Angle, Lumbar IVD Angle of Low Back Pain Patients Induced in Traffic Accident. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2009;19(2):227-39.
- Deborah Pate. Roentgen Report Stability of the Lumbar Spine. Chiroweb.1990.Jan[1991 May24];9(11):[Dynamic Chiropractic Archives - May 24, 1991, Volume9, Issue11] Available: from e: URI: hppt://www.chiroweb.com/archives/09/11/14.html.
- Sung-Yub Jung, Young-Hoi Park, Dong-Ho Keum, Myeong-Jong Lee, Yoon-Chul Cho. Statistical Study of the Ferguson Angle and Lumbar Gravity Line in Acute and Chronic Lumbago Patients. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2003;13(1):119-29.
- Fernand R, Fox DE. Evaluation of lumbar lordosis : a prospective and retrospective study. Spine. 1985;10(9): 799-803. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198511000-00003
- G. Vaz. Roussouly P. Berthonnaud E, Dimnet J. Sagittal morphology and equilibrium of pelvis and spine. Eur Spine J. 2002;11:80-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005860000224
- Ban Sapyeong, Kwon Youngmin, Kim soonjoong. Clinical Observation of the Ferguson Angle and the Lumbar IVD Angle of Lumbago Patients. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2002;12(4):63-7.
- Eun-Joo Kim, Yu-Jeong Cho, Mi-Yeon Song. Foot Pressure Analysis of Chronic Low Back Pain Patients by Foot Analyzer. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2009;19(4):115-25.
- Gun Jang, Gil-Jae Le, Byeong-Yee Lee, Yun-Kyung Song, Hyung-Ho Lim. Investigation on the Relationship in IVD Angle, Ferguson's Angle and Lumbar Lordotic Angle in Low Back Pain Patient with Acute Lateral Tortipelvis 4th Lumbar. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2007;17(4):199-208.
- Jin-Hyun Lee, Dong-Chan Jo, Chang-Gon Kim, Su-Jeong Moon, Tae-Yong Park, Youn-Suk Ko, Su-Kyung Lee. Yung-Sun Song, Jung-Han Lee. Analysis of Lumbosacral- Pelvic Parameters in Low Back Pain Patients. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(2): 139-49.
- Hee-Seung Choi, Bong-Kun Uhm, Choo-Young Kim, Sang-Wook Han, Yoon-Gyoo Jung, Dong-Jae Shin. The Latest Trends of Chuna Treatment on Low Back Pain in PubMed. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2012;22(4):99-113.
- Hee-Bin Ahn, Soon-Joong Kim, Su-Hyeon Jeong. The Application of Foot Orthotic to Chronic Pain Patient with Pelvic Obliquity: 4 Cases Report. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2011;21(2):309-18.
- Jung-Woo Park, Soon-Joong Kim, Su-Hyeon Jeong. Juvenile, Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Treated with Chuna Manipulation and Foot Orthosis Treatment : Four Clinical Cases Report. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(1):65-75.