- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Evaluation of Information Systems Services in the Public Sector: Knowledge Management Approach
공공부문 정보화사업평가 - 지식경영 측면의 접근
- Received : 2017.09.11
- Published : 2017.09.30
As an interest in the efficiency of public sector expenditures has spread across the world, Korea has operated a self-evaluation system for government projects as a part of the performance-based budget system. However, an evaluation system for public information technology project has been criticized for its lack of validity, which stems from the uniformity of performance management. This study draws insight from knowledge management literature in an attempt to address the problems with the extant performance evaluation system in public agencies. To realize benefits from IT investment, an agency needs to develop its own performance management model for information systems projects, with a focus on the interaction of IT and organizational system. The knowledge management-based framework for IT projects was verified through a case study, with which we discussed the applicability of knowledge management to the evaluation of public information systems projects.
Supported by : 고려대학교
- 고용노동부 2015, 2015 재정사업자율평가보고서.
- 김충영 2011, "공공부문 정보기술 성과평가의 개선방안에 관한 연구: 성과실현 관점," 디지털정책연구 (9:2), pp. 15-31.
- 마은경, 김명숙 2005. "공공기관 내 구성원간의 지식공유에 관한 연구: 사회교환이론 관점에서," Information Systems Review (7:1), pp. 195-217.
- 양재진, 정명주, 정진우 2003, "공공정보화사업의 사전평가 모형 구상: 예산과의 연게와 사업 실효성 확보방한을 중심으로," 정보화정책 (10:3), pp. 15-177.
- 이세구 2003, "성과주의 예산제도 도입에 따른 지방자치단체의 통합성과관리방안: 서울시 사례를 중심으로," 한국지방재정논집 (8:1), pp. 135-162.
- 이윤식, 서진완, 정연정, 노승용 2008, "공공부문정보화 성과관리 현황분석 및 개선 방안," 한국지역정보학회학회지 (11:3), pp. 1-30.
- 임준형 2010, "범정부 행정정보시스템의 활용성과에 관한 연구: 온나라시스템을 중심으로." 정부학연구 (16:1), pp. 7-44
- 장혜윤 2016. "정책 특성이 재정사업자율평가결과에 미치는 영향에 대한 분석 - 문화예술정책을 중심으로-," 한국정책학회보 (25:2), pp. 91-124.
- 최종민 2012. "전략적 성과평가 시스템을 통한 지식경영 전략적 연계와 지식자원의 경쟁적 활용," 회계저널 (21:5), pp. 1-29.
- 호진원, 김충영 2009 "공공기관 정보기술 성과 평가 모형에 관한 연구: 타당성과 균형성의 관점," 정보화 정책 (16:1), pp. 3-21.
- Artail, A. 2006. "Application of KM measures to the impact of a specialized group ware system on corporate productivity and operations," Information and Management (43:4) 551-564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.02.002
- Batac, J., and Carassus, D. 2009, "Interactions between control and organizational learning in the case of municipality," Management Accounting Research (20:2), pp.102-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mar.2008.11.001
- Chen, C., and Huang, J. 2007, "How organizational climate and structure affect knowledge management-the social interaction perspective," International Journal of Information Management (27:2), pp.104-118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2006.11.001
- Chenhall, H. 2005, "Integrative strategic per formance measurement systems, strategic alignment of manufacturing, learning and strategic outcomes : an exploratory study," Accounting, Organizations and Society (30:5), pp.395-422. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aos.2004.08.001
- Ditillo, A. 2004, "Dealing with uncertainty in knowledge-intensive firms: the role of ma nagement cont rol s ystems a s knowledge integration mechanisms," Accounting, Organizations and Society (29:3-4), pp.401-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aos.2003.12.001
- Eickelmann, N. 2001, "A comparative analysis of the balanced scorecard as applied in government and industry organizations. in Van Grembergen(ed.)," Information technology evaluation methods and management, pp. 253-268.
- Ferreira, A., and Otley, D. 2009, "The design and use of performance management systems: an extended framework for analysis," Management Accounting Research (20:4), pp.263-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mar.2009.07.003
- Ittner, D., Larcker, F., and Randall, T. 2003. "Performance implications of strategic performance measurement in financial services firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society (28:7), pp. 715-741. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0361-3682(03)00033-3
- Jung, C. S. 2013, "Navigating a Rough Terrain of Public Management: Examining the Relationship between Organizational Size and Effectiveness," Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (23:3), pp.663-686. https://doi.org/10.1093/jopart/mus040
- Li, P., and Tang, G. 2009. "Performance measurement design within its organizational context-Evidence from China," Management Accounting Research, (20:3), pp.193-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mar.2009.04.002
- Lin, C. and Pervan G. 2001, "A review of IS/IT investment evaluation and benefits management issues, problems and processes. in Van Grembergen(ed.)," Information technology evaluation methods and management, pp. 2-24.
- Thorp, J. 2001, "A benefits realization approach to IT investments. in Van Grembergen(ed.)," Information technology evaluation methods and management, pp.25-43.
- Virany, B., Tushman, M L., and Romanelli, E. 1992, "Execut ive succession a nd organization outcomes inturbulent environments: An organization learning approach," Organization Science (3:1), pp.72-91. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.3.1.72
- Wu, I., and Lin, H. 2009, "A strategy-based process for implementing knowledge management: an integrative view and empirical study," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (60:4), pp.789-802. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20999
- Zack, M.H. 1999, "Developing a knowledge strategy," California Management Review (41:3), pp.125-145. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166000