- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Monitoring and Evaluation on the Project for Utilization of Cultural Property - Focused on the Project "Living and Breathing Hyanggyo·Seowon" in 2016 -
문화재 활용 사업 모니터링 및 평가 - 2016년 살아 숨 쉬는 향교·서원 만들기 사업을 중심으로 -
- Park, Dong-Seok (Administration of Cultural Heritage)
- 박동석 (문화재청)
- Received : 2017.06.19
- Accepted : 2017.09.19
- Published : 2017.09.30
This study carried out field evaluation by experts, monitoring by the public, and visitor satisfaction survey for 77 cases of utilization of cultural property projects that received support from "Living and Breathing Hyanggyo and Seowon" in 2016. The result was 'normal' for the comprehensive evaluation, and by section, 'good' for planning, operating, performance, outcome and annual special index. The field evaluation by experts was rated as 'good', monitoring by the public was 'good', and also 'good' for visitor satisfaction survey. The advantages of the project were as follows; increased chance for enjoyment of local cultural heritage, expansion of human network for utilization of local cultural heritage, utilization of cultural heritage as community place, diversification of educational contents by using cultural heritage. On the other hand, the disadvantages were as follows; decline of program's quality, shortage of putting plan in practice, insufficient interest and participation of local government, insufficient promoting, shortage of educational contents for free semester system. At last, we suggested measures to develop the project as follows; develop program by using local characteristics, develop programs for foreigner, training experts, increasing on-line promotion, develop new lecture technique, utilization of cultural heritage as a local community place, utilization planning by each space, improvement of evaluation system, tightening up reflection of visitor's opinions, consulting for each programs.
- Jang, H. S.(2006). Argument about Cultural Heritage Utilization : Focusing on the Concept and Scope of Utilization. Korea Humanities Content Society. 7 : 155-173.
- Hwang, H. J., Park, C. H.(2015). Utilization of Cultural Assets; Is It a Realization of Authenticity? Or a Damage to Authenticity?. The Journal of Tourism Studies. 27(4) : 3-26.
- Choi, J. H., Lee, W. H.(2010). Case Studies on the Conservation and Utilization of Historic Landscape : Focused on Historical Site and Monuments. Journal of the Korean Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture. 8: 75-86.
- Lee, C. G.(2013). A Study on the Activation of Cultural Heritage of Palaces and Jongmyo as Tourism Resources : Focusing on the Application Plan of Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, Deoksugng Palace and Jongmyo. Master's Thesis. Chungang University. Seoul. Korea.
- Park, Y. W.(2014). An Analysis and Activation of the Projects Utilizing the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty. Journal of Cultural Heritage. 47(4): 4-21.
- Lee, H. J.(2015). Planning for Archaeological Relics Excavated in City Center : A Case Study of Seven Redevelopment Projects in Seoul City Center. Master's Thesis. Seoul National University. Seoul. Korea.
- Moon, Y. S., Jung, K. H.(2016). Measures to Implements the Landscape Conservation and Management Urban Heritage Utilizing Public Goods : Focused on the Historic Sites of Seoul. Journal of the Korean Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture. 34(3): 98-114. https://doi.org/10.14700/KITLA.2016.34.3.098
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2014). A Monitoring on the Project 'Living and Breathing Hyanggyo.Seowon' in 2014. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2015). A Monitoring on the Project 'Living and Breathing Hyanggyo.Seowon' in 2015. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2016). A Monitoring on the Project 'Living and Breathing Hyanggyo.Seowon' in 2016. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Park, D. S.(2016). A Monitoring and Evaluation on the Project for Utilization of Cultural Property : Focused on the Project "SaengSaeng Cultural Property" in 2016. Journal of the Korean Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture. 35(1): 90-103. https://doi.org/10.14700/KITLA.2017.35.1.090