- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Cause of the Twig Blight on Mulberry Based on the Weather Conditions
뽕나무 재배기간 중 기상환경과 눈마름병 발생관계 분석
- Kim, Ju-Hee (Division of Climate Change Response, Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Choi, In-Young (Division of Climate Change Response, Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Ju (Division of Climate Change Response, Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Jang-Ho (Division of Climate Change Response, Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- Received : 2017.05.11
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.09.30
The twig blight of mulberry caused by Fusarium lateritium occurs mainly in Buan area, which is the main area of mulberry. The initial symptom on twigs showed dark edge blight and dark orange tiny particles on the spot, and it was withered and died. In the case of mulberry twig blight, the difference in the degree of occurrence between the years is intense, and an average of 2.7% occurred in Buan in 2013, but in 2014, it was difficult to search for the generated fields. In order to find the cause of the difference in the incidence of mulberry twig blight, we investigated and analyzed the weather conditions during cultivation and as a result, the occurrence of the disease increased under the condition that the temperature of the spring was lower and the number of days passing below the winter freezing point increased. In addition, it was analyzed that the occurrence of the next year increases when the rainfall is high and the number of sunshine is low after removing the harvested branches. Therefore, in the event that weather conditions causing twig blight diseases have elapsed, it is necessary to prevent the disease by spraying the registered applied fungicide prophylactically.
Mulberry;Twig blight;Weather condition
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Hong, S. K., Kim, W. G., Sung, G. B., Nam, S. H. and Kim, J. S. 2007. Aspects of popcorn disease occurrence on mulberry fruits in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 13: 131-136. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2007.13.3.131
- Kim, H. B., Kim, A. J. and Kim, S. Y. 2002. The analysis of functional materials in mulberry fruit and food product development trends. Food Sci. Ind. 36: 49-60. (In Korean)
- Kim, H. B., Sung, G. B., Hong, I. P. and Nam, H. W. 2004. Fruity characteristics of mulberry varieties for the production of fruit. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 46: 6-11. (In Korean)
- Kim, S. H., Seo, H. H., Cho, J. G., Jeon, S. J., Kwon, Y. S. and Jeong, Y. R. 2009. Studies on adaptability and influence evaluation for suitable zone in horticultural crop with temperature rising. In: Annual Research Rural Development Administration Agenda 5, ed. by S. J. Kang, pp. 712-714. RDA, Suwon, Korea. (In Korean)
- MIFAFF. 2012. Agricultural statistic on silkworm rearing and current state of sericulture in 2011. pp. 1-56.
- Minamizawa, K., Hirano, H. and Kurioka, A. 1997. Symptoms and disease outbreak of twig blight on mulberry. In: Moriculture Science of Mulberry Cultivation, ed. by A. A. Balkema, pp. 385-393. CRC press, Roterdam, The Netherlands.
- Nam, S. Y., Kim, S. K., Kim, K. M., Jung, J. H. and Choi, K. S. 1988. The differences of temperatures, growth and crown gall occurrence in young 'Kyoho' grapevines according to heat conservation materials during winter. Korean. J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 16: 517-519. (In Korean)
- Ozawa, T. and Suzuki, S. 1988. Outbreak of blight disease on mulberry twig and this affecting factors, occurred in 1987, in Iwate prefecture. Tohoku Agric. Res. 41: 343-344.
- Ryu, K. S. 1974. Studies on the control of bud blight of mulberry tree when intermediate-cutting harvest in autumn. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 16: 99-109. (In Korean)
- Ryu, K. S. and Oh, J. S. 1971. A study on occurrence of mulberry magare blight disease by the cutting time and cutting height of mulberry tree in autumn. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 13: 13-16. (In Korean)
- Saito, H. and Matuo, T. 1977. Fusarium species and cultivars detected from the air or raindrops in Fusarium-blight-occurring mulberry fields. J. Sericult. Sci. Japan 46: 32-38.
- Sengupta, K., Govindaiah and Kumar, P. 1991. Fungal diseases of mulberry & their control. In: Diseases and Pests of Mulberry and Their Control, ed. by A. K. Ganguly, pp. 3-8. Jwalamukhi Job press, Bangalore, India.
- Shirata, A., Itot, S. S., Takahashi, K. and Ishie, T. 1980. Effect of temperature on fungal growth and pathogenicity of Fusarium spp. isolated from mulberry twig blight and tolerance of the isolates to the antifungal substances originating from the mulberry shoots. Bull. Seri. Exp. Stn. (Japan) 27: 807-830.
- Sung, G. B., Kim, K. Y. and Ji, S. D. 2013. Survey and analysis of mulberry tree for mulberry production. J. Seric. Entomol. Sci. 51: 48-55.
- Yoon, H. J., Kim, Y. T., Jin, K. S. and Park, I. G. 1994. Isolation and identification of pathogenic bacteria from branch rot of mulberry. RDA. J. Agri. Sci. 36: 331-336. (In Korean)