- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Physicochemical Properties of Red Ginseng Powder Based on Particle Size
홍삼분말 입자크기에 따른 이화학적 특성 분석
- Choi, Hee Jeong (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Sang Yoon (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Jung Gyu (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Park, Dong Hyeon (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Bai, Jing Jing (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Byung-Joo (Health Balance Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Yoon-Sun (Health Balance Co., Ltd.) ;
- Cho, Youngjae (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Choi, Mi-Jung (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University)
- 최희정 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 이상윤 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 이중규 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 박동현 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 백정정 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 이병주 (헬스밸런스(주)) ;
- 김윤선 (헬스밸런스(주)) ;
- 조영재 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과) ;
- 최미정 (건국대학교 축산식품생명공학과)
- Received : 2017.06.28
- Accepted : 2017.08.01
- Published : 2017.08.31
Most of the red ginseng (RG) products contain active substances derived from hot water or alcohol extraction. Since active substances of RG are divided into two types - water-soluble and liposoluble - water or alcohol is needed as an extraction solvent and this leads the different extraction yields and components of the active substances. To overcome the limit, whole red ginseng powder can be used and consumed by consumers. In this study, the physicochemical properties and extractable active substance contents of variable-sized RG powder (
Grant : 수출전략형 할랄 전통스넥 제품 개발
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- Attele AS, Wu JA. Yuan CS. 1999. Ginseng pharmacology, multiple constituents and multiple actions. Biochem. Pharmacol. 58: 1685-1693. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-2952(99)00212-9
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Cho CW, Kim SW, Rho JH, Rhee YK, Kim KT. 2008. Extraction characteristics of saponin and acidic polysaccharide based on the red ginseng particle size. J. Ginseng Res. 32: 179-186. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2008.32.3.179
- Cho D, Baik JH, Park JH, Lee CS. 2012. Investigation of dispersion stability of conductive nano ink using 1-octanethiol coated copper nano powders. J. Korean Ceram. Soc. 49: 417-422. https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2012.49.5.417
- Ha DC, Ryu GH. 2005. Chemical components of red, white and extruded root ginseng. J. Korea Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 34: 247-254. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.2.247
- Han JY, Chung KH, Ryu GH. 2008. Comparison of physicochemical properties and release characteristics of extruded tissue cultured mountain ginseng. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 37: 1018-1024. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.8.1018
- Hwang SY, Ahn SH. 2011. Biological activities and cell proliferation effects of red ginseng ethanol extracts. J. Pharmacopuncture. 14: 55-61. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2011.14.3.055
- Hyun JS, Kim M. 2005. The effect of addition of level of red ginseng powder on Yackwa quality and during storage. J. Korean Soc. Food Cult. 20: 352-359.
- Kim EY, Jin Y, Kim KT, Lim TG, Jang M, Cho CW, Rhee YK, Hong HD. 2016. Effect of high temperature and high pressure on physicochemical properties and antioxidant activity of Korean red ginseng. Korean J. Food Nutr. 29: 438-447. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2016.29.3.438
- Kim GS, Hyun DY, Kim YO, Lee SW, Kim YC, Lee SE, Son YD, Lee MJ, Park CB, Park HK, Cha SW, Song KS. 2008. Extraction and preprocessing methods for ginsenosides analysis of panax ginseng C.A. Mayer. Korean J. Medi. Crop Sci. 16: 446-454.
- Kim HJ, Kwak I, Kim HJ, Ahn JS, Son YB. 2013. A study on the amendment scheme of ginsenoside content standard regulation for red ginseng products in korea. J. Food Hygi. Saf. 28: 24-30. https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2013.28.1.024
- Kitagawa I, Taniyama T, Yoshikawa M, Ikenishi Y, Nakagawa Y. 1989. Chemical studies on crude drug processing VI.: chemical structures of malonyle ginsenosides Rb1, Rb2, Rc and Rd isolated from the root of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 37: 2961-2970. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.37.2961
- Ko SK, Bae HM, Cho OS, Im BO, Chung SH, Lee BY. 2008. Analysis of ginsenoside composition of ginseng berry and seed. Food Sci. Biotechnol. 17: 1379-1382.
- Kong YH, Rho JH, Cho CW, Kim MH, Lee YC, Kim SS, Lee YC, Choi SY. 2009. Variation of phenolic ingredient and ginsenoside content in red ginseng extract by acid treatment. J. Ginseng Res. 33: 194-198. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2009.33.3.194
- Kum JS, Lee SH, Lee HY, Kim KH, Kim YI. 1993. Effects of different milling methodes on physico-chemical properties and products. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 25: 546-551.
- Kum JS, Lee HY. 1999. The effect of the varieties and particle size on the properties of rice flour. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 31: 1542-1548.
- Kwak YS, Choi KH, Kyung JS, Won JY, Rhee MH, Lee JG, Hwang MS, Kim SC, Park CK, Song KB, Han GH. 2008. Effects of high temperature heating on the some physicochemical properties of Korean red ginseng (Panax ginseng CA Meyer) water extract. J. Ginseng Res. 32: 120-126. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2008.32.2.120
- Kwon JH, Belanger JM, Pare JJ. 1989. Effects of ionizing energy treatment on the quality of ginseng products. Int. J. Radiat. Appl. Instrum. C. Radiat. Phys. Chem. 34: 963-967.
- Kwon JH, Belanger JM, Sigouin M, Lanthier J, Willemot C, Pare JJ. 1990. Chemical constituents of Panax ginseng exposed to. gamma. irradiation. J. Agr. Food Chem. 38: 830-834. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00093a051
- Park EJ, Bac LH, Kim JS, Kwon YS, Kim JC, Choi HS, Chung YH. 2009. Production and properties of Ag metallic nanoparticle fluid by electrical explosion of wire in liquid. J. Korean Powder Metall. Inst. 16: 217-222. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2009.16.3.217
- Park JC, Cha JY, Lee CH, Doh ES, Kang IH, Cho YS. 2009. Biological activities and chemical characteristics of Monascusfermented Korean red ginseng. J. Life Sci. 19: 1553-1561. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2009.19.11.1553
- Park SJ, Cho YJ, Pyee JH, Hong HD. 2006. Meta-analysis of studies and patents on Korean ginseng in recent 5 years in Korea and prospective needs. J. Ginseng Res. 30: 212-219. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2006.30.4.212
- Raghavendra SN, Ramachandra Swamy SR, Rastogi NK, Raghavarao KSMS, Kumar S, Tharanathan RN. 2006. Grinding characteristics and hydration properties of coconut residue: a source of dietary fiber. J. Food Eng. 72: 281-286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2004.12.008
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. 1999. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 26: 1231-1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Ryu SK, Kim WS, Yu JH. 1979. Studies on the extraction of Korean ginseng component part 3. extraction mechanism of ginseng components by measuring the diffusivity. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 11: 118-121.
- Seo CH, Lee JW, Do JH, Chang KS. 2002. Quality characteristics of Korean red ginseng powder on pulverizing methods. J. Ginseng Res. 26: 79-84. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2002.26.2.079
- Shiabta S. 1973. Studies on constituents of Japanese and Chinese crude drugs XI. Panaxadol, a sapogenin of ginseng roots. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 11: 59-76.
- Shim DW, Jiang J, Kim JH, Kim WW, Kang WS, Choi WS, Hur SJ, Kim DY, Kim KC, Lee KH. 2012. Effects of size adjusted with red ginseng powders on quality of fish pastes. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 41: 1448-1453. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.10.1448
- Turner EW, Paynter WD, Montie EJ, Bessert MW, Struck GM, Olson FC. 1954. Use of 2-thiobarbituric acid reagent to measure rancidity in frozen pork. J. Agr. Food Chem. 8: 326-330.