- Volume 6 Issue 3
A wireless sensor network is a network in which nodes equipped with sensors capable of collecting data from the real world are configured wirelessly. Because the sensor nodes are configured wirelessly, they have limited power such as batteries. If the battery of the sensor node is exhausted, the node is no longer usable. If more than a certain number of nodes die, the network will not function. There are many wireless sensor network protocols to improve energy efficiency, among which LEACH Protocol is a typical example. The LEACH protocol is a cluster-based protocol that divides sensor space into clusters and transmits and receives data between nodes. Therefore, depending on how the cluster is structured, the shape of the energy cow may decrease or increase. We compare the network lifetimes of the existing LEACH protocols and the three types of protocols that have been improved using fuzzy methods for cluster selection.
- J.Y. Lee and K.D. Jung and B.Shrestha and J.S. Lee "Energy Efficiency Improvement of the of a Cluster Head Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Smart Home, Vol.8, No.3 (2014), pp.9-18, 2014.
- J.Y. Lee, "Energy Improvement of WSN Using The Stochastic Cluster Head Selection", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 15, No. 1(2015), pp.125-129.
- Y.I. Song, K.D. Jung, S.R. Lee, and J.Y. Lee, "A Study of Cluster Head Election of TEEN applying the Fuzzy Inference System", International Journal of Advanced Smart Convergence, Vol.5, No.1(2016), pp. 66-72.
- W. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan and H. Balakrishnan, "Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks," Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2000.
- I. Gupta, D. Riordan, and S. Sampalli, "Cluster-head Election using Fuzzy Logic for Wireless Sensor Networks", Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference (CNSR'05), 2005.
- J.M. Kim, S.H. Park, Y.J. Han, and T.M. Chung, "CHEF: Cluster Head Election mechanism using Fuzzy logic in Wireless Sensor Networks", In Advanced communication technology, 2008. (ICACT 2008). 10th international conference on IEEE, Vol. 1, pp. 654-659.
- G. Ran, H. Zhang, and S. Gong, "Improving on LEACH Protocol of Wireless Sensor Networks Using Fuzzy Logic", Journal of Information & Computational Science, Vol. 7, No. 3 (2010), pp. 767-775.