- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Improvement of CH selection of WSN Protocol
- Lee, WooSuk (Department of Plasma Bioscience and Display, KwangWoon University) ;
- Jung, Kye-Dong (Ingenium college of liberal arts, KwangWoon University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yong (Ingenium college of liberal arts, KwangWoon University)
- Received : 2017.07.08
- Accepted : 2017.08.03
- Published : 2017.09.30
A WSN (Wireless Sensor Network) is a network that is composed of wireless sensor nodes. There is no restriction on the place where it can be installed because it is composed wirelessly. Instead, sensor nodes have limited energy. Therefore, to use the network for a long time, energy consumption should be minimized. Several protocols have been proposed to minimize energy consumption, and the typical protocol is the LEACH protocol. The LEACH protocol is a cluster-based protocol that minimizes energy consumption by dividing the sensor field into clusters. Depending on how you organize the clusters of sensor field, network lifetimes may increase or decrease. In this paper, we will improve the network lifetime by improving the cluster head selection method in LEACH Protocol.
- J.Y. Lee and K.D. Jung and B.Shrestha and J.S. Lee, "Energy Efficiency Improvement of the of a Cluster Head Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Smart Home, Vol.8, No.3 (2014), pp.9-18.
- J.Y. Lee, "Energy Improvement of WSN Using The Stochastic Cluster Head Selection", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 15, No. 1(2015), pp.125-129.
- W. Heinzelman and A. Chandrakasan and H. Balakrishnan, "Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless MicroSensor Networks", Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2000.
- M.J. Handy, M. Haase, and D. Timmermann. "Low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy with deterministic cluster-head selection." Mobile and Wireless Communications Network, 2002. 4th International Workshop on. IEEE, 2002.
- J. Xu, and D. Qin, "A New LEACH-Based Routing Clustering Protocol in WSN", Journal of Information & Computational Science, Vol. 10, No. 18(2013) pp. 6005-6011. https://doi.org/10.12733/jics20102553
- Arai, M., Okumura, K., Satake, M. and Shimizu, T., Proteome-wide functional classification and identification of prokaryotic transmembrane proteins by transmembrane topology similarity comparison. Protein Sci., Vol. 13 (2004), pp. 2170-2183. https://doi.org/10.1110/ps.04814404