- Volume 6 Issue 3
In this paper, an improved ordered block minimum mean squared error (OB-MMSE) detector for generalized spatial modulation (GSM) systems is presented. It is based on an ordered successive interference cancellation (OSIC) technique. Its bit error rate (BER) performance and computational complexity are compared with those of the corresponding original OB-MMSE detector. It is shown that the proposed OSIC-based OB-MMSE detector outperforms the OB-MMSE detector in terms of BER without noticeable complexity increase.
spatial modulation (SM);generalized spatial modulation (GSM);multiple input multiple output (MIMO);ordered block minimum mean squared error (OB-MMSE);ordered successive interference cancellation (OSIC)
- R. Mesleh, H. Haas, S. Sinanovic, C. W. Ahn, and S. Yun, "Spatial modulation," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 2228-2241, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.912136
- M. Di Renzo, H. Haas, and P. M. Grant, "Spatial modulation for multiple-antenna wireless systems: a survey," IEEE Trans. Commun. Mag., vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 182-191, Dec. 2011.
- J. Jeganatha, A. Ghrayeb, and L. Szczecinski, "Spatial modulation: optimal detection and performance analysis," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 545-547, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.080739
- A. Younis, N. Serafimovski, R. Mesleh, and H. Haas, "Generalised spatial modulation," Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 1498-1502, Nov. 2010.
- J. T. Wang, S. Y. Jia, and J. Song, "Generalised spatial modulation system with multiple active transmit antennas and low complexity detection scheme," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1605-1615, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.030512.111635
- Y. Xiao, Z. Yang, L. Dan, P. Yang, L. Yin, and W. Xiang, "Low-complexity signal detection for generalized spatial modulation," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 403-406, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2013.123113.132586
- C. Lin, W. Wu, and C. Liu, "Low-complexity ML detectors for generalized spatial modulation systems," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 63, no. 11, pp. 4214-4230, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2015.2469781
- L. Xiao, P. Yang, Y. Xiao, S. Fan, M. D. Renzo, W. Xiang, and S. Li, "Efficient compressive sensing detectors for generalized spatial modulation systems," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., to be published, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2016.2558205. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2016.2558205
- H. Lin, Y. Tang, L. Guan, and S. Shao, "Ordered successive interference cancellation (OSIC) in V-BLAST systems with asynchronous transmission mode," Wireless Pers. Commun., vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 263-275, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-010-9942-6
Supported by : Dong-A University