- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Maillard Reaction between Glucosamine and Other Precursors by Measuring Browning with a Spectrophotometer
- Ogutu, Benrick ;
- Kim, Ye-Joo ;
- Kim, Dae-Wook ;
- Oh, Sang-Chul ;
- Hong, Dong-Lee ;
- Lee, Yang-Bong
- Received : 2017.02.09
- Accepted : 2017.08.17
- Published : 2017.09.30
The individual Maillard reactions of glucose, glucosamine, cyclohexylamine, and benzylamine were studied at a fixed temperature of
- Moreno FJ, Molina E, Olano A, Lopez-Fandino R. 2003. Highpressure effects on Maillard reaction between glucose and lysine. J Agric Food Chem 51: 394-400. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf025731s
- Yaylayan VA, Huyghues-Despointes A. 1994. Chemistry of Amadori rearrangement products: analysis, synthesis, kinetics, reactions, and spectroscopic properties. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 34: 321-369. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408399409527667
- Rufian-Henares JA, Morales FJ. 2007. Effect of in vitro enzymatic digestion on antioxidant activity of coffee melanoidins and fractions. J Agric Food Chem 55: 10016-10021. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0718291
- Ames JM. 1998. Applications of the Maillard reaction in the food industry. Food Chem 62: 431-439. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(98)00078-8
- Jing H, Kitts DD. 2002. Chemical and biochemical properties of casein-sugar Maillard reaction products. Food Chem Toxicol 40: 1007-1015. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-6915(02)00070-4
- Naranjo GB, Malec LS, Vigo MS. 1998. Reducing sugars effect on available lysine loss of casein by moderate heat treatment. Food Chem 62: 309-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(97)00176-3
- Yeboah FK, Alli I, Yaylayan VA. 1999. Reactivities of D-glucose and D-fructose during glycation of bovine serum albumin. J Agric Food Chem 47: 3164-3172. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf981289v
- Morales FJ, Jimenez-Perez S. 2001. Free radical scavenging capacity of Maillard reaction products as related to colour and fluorescence. Food Chem 72: 119-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(00)00239-9
- Ajandouz EH, Tchiakpe LS, Dalle Ore F, Benajiba A, Puigserver A. 2001. Effects of pH on caramelization and Maillard reaction kinetics in fructose-lysine model systems. J Food Sci 66: 926-931. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2001.tb08213.x
- Lerici CR, Barbanti D, Manzano M, Cherubin S. 1990. Early indicators of chemical changes in foods due to enzymic or nonenzymic browning reactions 1. Study on heat treated model systems. Lebensm Wiss Technol 23: 289-294.
- Tanaka M, Chiba N, Ishizaki S, Takai R, Taguchi T. 1994. Influence of water activity and Maillard reaction on the polymerization of myosin heavy chain in freeze-dried squid meat. Fish Sci 60: 607-611. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.60.607
- Ashoor AH, Zent JB. 1984. Maillard browning of common amino acids and sugars. J Food Sci 49: 1206-1207. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb10432.x
- O’Brien J, Morrissey PA. 1989. Nutritional and toxicological aspects of the Maillard browning reaction in foods. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 28: 211-248. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398909527499
- Nursten HE. 1990. Key mechanistic problems posed by the Maillard reaction. In The Maillard Reaction in Food Processing, Human Nutrition and Physiology. Finot PA, Aeschbacher HU, Hurrell RF, Liardon R, eds. Birkhauser Verlag GmbH, Basel, Switzerland. p 145-196.
- Josef K, Chris W, Tomas D, Imre B. 2010. Basic chemistry and process conditions for reaction flavors with particular focus on maillard-type reactions. In Food Flavour Technology. Taylor AJ, Linforth RST, eds. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. p 2-14.
- Warmbier HC, Schnickles RA, Labuza TP. 1976. Effect of glycerol on nonenzymatic browning in a solid intermediate moisture model food system. J Food Sci 41: 528-531. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1976.tb00663.x
- Komthong P, Katoh T, Igura N, Shimoda M, Hayakawa I. 2003. Effect of high hydrostatic pressure combined with pH and temperature on glucose/fructose-leucine/lysine/glutamate browning reactions. J Fac Agric Kyushu Univ 48: 135-142.
Supported by : Pukyong National University