- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Growth and Quality Changes of Creeping Bentgrass by Application of Liquid Fertilizer Containing Humic Acid
부식산 함유 액상비료 시비에 따른 크리핑 벤트그래스의 생육과 품질 변화
- Kim, Young-Sun (Hyosung O&B Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Tae-Soon (Hyosung O&B Co. Ltd.) ;
- Cho, Sung-Hyun (Hyosung O&B Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Geung-Joo (Department of Horticultural Science, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2017.09.05
- Accepted : 2017.09.26
- Published : 2017.09.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of liquid fertilizer containing humic acid (LFHA) on changes of creeping bentgrass quality and growth. Treatments were designed as follows; control fertilizer (CF), HA-1 (
Creeping bentgrass;Growth and quality of turfgrass;Liquid Fertilizer Containing Humic Acid (LFHA);Shoot density
Supported by : Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT)
- Arancon, N.Q., Edwards, C.A., Lee, S. and Byrne, R. 2006. Effects of humic acids from vermicomposts on plant growth. Europe. J. Soil Biol. 42:65-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejsobi.2005.08.003
- Arnon, D.I. 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiol. 24(1):1-15. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.24.1.1
- Asenjo, M.C.G., Gonzalez, J.L. and Maldonado, J.M. 2000. Influence of humic extracts on germination and growth ryegrass. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant. Anal., 31:101-114 https://doi.org/10.1080/00103620009370423
- Cacco, G. and Dell'Agnola, G. 1984. Plant growth regulalor activity of soluble humic complexes. Can. J. Soil Sci. 64:225-228. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjss84-023
- Choi, H.S., Li, X., Kim, W.S. and Lee, Y. 2011. Effects of nutrient source on soil physical, chemical, and microbial properties in an organic pear orchard. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 30(1):16-23. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.1.16
- El-Ghamry, A.M., El-Hai, K.M.A. and Ghoneem, K.M. 2009. Amino and humic acids promote growth, yield and disease resistance of faba bean cultivated in clayey soil. Aust. J. Basic. Appl. Sci. 3(2):731-739.
- Hamza B. and Suggars A. 2001. Biostimulants: Myths and Realities. Turfgrass Trends 10(8):6-10
- Hartwigsen, J.A. and Evans, M.R. 2000. Humic acid seed substrate treatments promote seedling root development. HortScience 35:1231-1233.
- Hunter, A. and Anders, A. 2004. The influence of humic acid on turfgrass growth and development of creeping bentgrass. Acta Hortic. 661:257-264.
- Jannin, L., Arkoun, M., Ourry, A., Laine, P, Goux, D., et al. 2012. Microarray analysis of humic acid effects on Brassica napus growth: Involvement of N, C and S metabolisms. Plant Soil 359:297-319. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-012-1191-x
- Kim, H.G., Seo, D.C., Cheong, Y.H., Kang, C.S., Sohn, B.K., et al., 2007. Effects of different humic acids on growth and fruit quality of tomato plant. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 26(4):313-318. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2007.26.4.313
- Kim, K.N. 2015. Comparison of underground root growth characteristic of major cool-season grasses according to establishment stages in sports turf designed by the USGA soil system. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Techonol. 33(2):166-176. (In Korean)
- Kim, M.J., Shim, C.K., Kim, Y.K., Park, J.H., Han, E.J. et al. 2017. Effect of the concentration of humic acid on growth and yield of organically cultivated hot-pepper. J. Kor. Resour. Rec. Assoc. 25(1):67-78. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lee, J.P. and Hwang, Y.S. 2012. The growth effects of creeping bentgrass by application of liquid fertilizer with saponin and liquid fertilizer with amino acid. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):54-59. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. and Lim, H.J. 2010. Change of soil physicochemical properties by mixed ratio of 4 types of soil amendments used in golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):205-210. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, C.E., Ham, S.K. and Lee. G.J. 2016. Growth of creeping bentgrass by application of compound fertilizer containing microbes. Weed Turf. Sci. 5(1):42-50. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.1.42
- Kweon, D.Y., Lee, J.H., Lee, D.I. and Joo, Y.K. 2005. Turfgrass establishment of USGA putting greens related with soil physical properties. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 19(2):95-102. (In Korean)
- Lee, S.B., Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lim, H.J., Choi, Y.C. et al. 2013. Effect of soldier fly castes mixed soil on change of soil properties in root zone and growth of zoysiagrass. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(3):298-305. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.3.298
- Lee, T.S., Cho, S.H., Jeong, J.Y., An, J.Y., Lee, J.J., et al. 2017. Composting of livestock manure blending humic acid powder and influence on growth of lettuce by its application. J. Kor. Org. Res. Rec. Ass. 25(2):5-14. (In Korean)
- Liu, C. and Cooper, R.J. 2000. Humic substances influence creeping bentgrass growth. Golf Course Management 67(8):49-53.
- Liu, C. and Cooper, R.J. 2002. Humic acid application does not improve salt tolerance of hydoponically grown creeping bentgrass. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 127(2):219-223.
- Liu, C, Cooper, R.J. and Bowman D.C. 1998. Humic acid application affects photosynthesis, root development, and nutrient content of creeping bentgrass. HortScience 33(6):1023-1025.
- NIAST. 1998. Methods of soil chemical analysis. NIAST, RDA, Suwon, Korea. (In Korean)
- Russo, R.O. and Berlyn, G.P. 1990. The use of organic biostimulants to help low input sustainable agriculture. J. Sust. Agric. 1:19-42.
- Turkmen, O., Dursun, A., Turan, M. and Erdinc, C. 2003. Calcium and humic acid affect seed germination, growth, and nutrient content of tomato (Lycopersiocon esculentum L.) seedling under saline soil conditions. Acta. Agri. Scandinavica 54:168-174.
- Van Dyke, A., Johnson, P.G. and Grossl, P.R. 2009. Influence of humic acid on water retention and nutrient acquisition in simulated golf putting greens. Soil Use. Manage. 25(3):255-261. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-2743.2009.00221.x
- Vaughan, D. 1974. Possible mechanism for humic acid action on cell elongation in root segments of Pisum sativum under aseptic conditions. Soil Biol. Biochem. 6:241-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(74)90058-3
- Zhang, X., Ervin, E.H. and Schmit, R.E. 2003. Physiological effects of liquid applications of a seaweed extract and a humic acid on creeping bentgrass. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sct. 128(4):492-496.
- Zhang, X. and Ervin, E.H. 2004. Cytokinin-containing seaweed and humic acid extracts associated with creeping bentgrass leaf cytokinins and drought resistance. Crop Sci. 44:1737-1745. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2004.1737
- MacCarthy, P., Malcolm, R.L., Clapp, C.E. and Bloom, P.R. 1985. An introduction to soil humic substances. pp 1-12. In: MacCarthy et al. (Eds.) Humic substances in soil and crop sciences, selected reading, Soil Sci. Soc. of Am., Madison, WI, USA.