- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Physicochemical Properties and Turfgrass Growth by Root Zone Mixture of Soil Amendment 'Profile'
토양개량제 '프로파일'의 혼합에 따른 토양의 물리화학성 및 한지형 잔디의 생육 개선
- Kim, Young-Sun (Hyosung O&B Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lim, Hye-Jung (Taejun Agrotech Co. Ltd.) ;
- Ham, Soun-Kyu (Daejung-golf Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Geung-Joo (Department of Horticultural Science, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2017.09.20
- Accepted : 2017.09.26
- Published : 2017.09.30
This study was conducted to evaluate incorporation ratio of soil amendment 'Profile' to improve soil physicochemical properties and turfgrass growth. The soil amendment was added 0 (sand only), 3, 5, 7, and 10% to USGA Green-spec green sand soil. As incorporated with more 'Profile' amendment, soil electrical conductivity (EC), cation exchangeable capacity (CEC), capillary porosity and total porosity of root zone were increased than those of control, while bulk density and hydraulic conductivity decreased. Turfgrass index and clipping yield of creeping bentgrass grown in sand soil incorporated with 7% 'Profile' were improved than those of control. Correlation coefficient of turf color index and incorporation ratio of the soil amendment 'Profile' was found to show significantly positive correlation. These results indicated that application of the soil amendment 'Profile' to sand soil in golf course green improved turfgrass growth and quality by increasing CEC and porosity of root zone.
Hydraulic conductivity;Porosity of root zone;Soil amendment;Soil physicochemical properties;Turfgrass quality
Supported by : Chungnam National University
- Ahn, Y.T., Kim, S.T., Kim, I.S., Kim, J.W., Kim, H.J., et al. 1992. Standard and practice for management in golf course. KTRI. Seongnam. Korea. (In Korean)
- Bae, E.J., Han, J.J., Lee, K.S., Park, Y.B and Choi, S.M. 2015. Growth response of zoysiagrass (Zoysia japonica Steud.) as affected by nitrogen fertilizer application rate. Weed Turf. Sci. 4(4):397-404. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.4.397
- Carrow, R.N., Waddington, D.V. and Rieke, P.E. 2002. Turfgrass soil fertility and chemical problems: assessment and management. John Wiley & Sons. NJ. USA.
- Joo, Y.K. 1993. The measurement of soil conditioning effects of organic materials. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 7(1):13-18. (In Korean)
- KGBA (Korea Golf Course Business Association). 2014. http://www.kgba.co.kr/Data/Guestinfo.asp (Accessed Dec. 31. 2014)
- Kim, J.W., Kim, C.H., Baeck, J.H., Lee, D.J., Choi, Y.S., et al. 2001. An introduction to soil and fertilizer. Sunjin Press. Goyang. Korea. pp. 240-258. (In Korean)
- Kim, I.C., Joo, Y.K. and Lee, J.H. 2002. Correlation of soil physical properties and growth of turfgrass on the ground of Olympic-main stadium. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 16(1):31-40. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lee, J.P. and Hwang, Y.S. 2012. The growth effects of creeping bentgrass by application of liquid fertilizer with saponin and liquid fertilizer with amino acid. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):54-59. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. and Lim, H.J. 2010. Change of soil physicochemical properties by mixed ratio of 4 types of soil amendments used in golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):205-210. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S. and Ham, S.K. 2009. The change of soil physicochemical properties by mixture ratio of inorganic soil amendments. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(2):271-278. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, S.B., Ham, S.K., Lim, H.J. and Choi, Y.C. 2011. Soil physicochemical properties by applied with mixed ratio soldier fly (Hermetia illucens) casts. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 25(1):106-111. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, S.B., Ham, S.K., Lim, H.J., Choi, Y.C. et al. 2014. Effects of soil amendment blended with soldier fly casts and cocopeat on physicochemical properties of sand soil. Weed turf. Sci. 3(2):143-149. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.2.143
- Kussow, W.R., Soldat, D.J. Kreuser, W.C. and Houlihan, S.M. 2012. Evidence, regulation, and consequences of nitrogen-driven nutrient demand by turfgrass. Inter. Sch. Res. Net. Agron. 10:1-9.
- Kweon, D.Y., Lee, J.H., Lee, D.I. and Joo, Y.K. 2005. Turfgrass establishment of USGA green related with soil physical properties. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 19(2):95-102. (In Korean)
- Lee, S.B., Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. Lim, H.J., Choi, Y.C. et al. 2013. Effect of soldier fly casts mixed soil on change of soil properties in root zone and growth of zoysiagrass. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(3):298-305. (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.3.298
- Lee, S.J., Kim, Y.J., Ahn, S.J. and Kim, T.W. 2006. New evaluation chart of stature and weight for Koreans. Kor. J. Orthod. 36(2):153-160. (In Korean)
- Lee, S.K., Lee, J.H. and Joo. Y.K. 2002. Comparison of construction methods with zoysiagrass at the new Incheon international airport. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 16(2):75-83.
- NIAST (National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology). 1998. The analysis of soil chemical analysis. NIAST. RDA. Suwon. Korea. (In Korean)
- NIAST (National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology). 2002. The standard analysis of substrate. NIAST, RDA. Suwon. Korea. (In Korean)
- Park, C.B., Han, D.W., Hwang, K.S. and Lee, Y.B. 1991. Effects of source and mixing ratio of topsoil on physico-chemical properties of green. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 5(2):59-68. (In Korean)
- Park, C.B., Hwang, K.S. and Lee, Y.B. 1992. Effects of source and mixing ratio of green topsoil on growth-quality of creeping bentgrass. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 6(1):1-10. (In Korean)