- Volume 36 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Nutrient Leaching and Crop Uptake in Weighing Lysimeter Planted with Soybean as Affected by Water Management
중량식 라이시미터에서 콩 재배시 물관리 방법에 의한 양분의 용탈과 작물 흡수
- Received : 2017.09.11
- Accepted : 2017.09.25
- Published : 2017.09.30
BACKGROUND: Soil water content strongly depends on weather condition and irrigation, and it could influence on crop nutrient use efficiency. This study was performed to assess nutrient uptake of soybean by soil water condition. METHODS AND RESULTS: In this study, nutrient leaching and crop uptake as affacted by water management practice was investigated using weighing lysimeter which is located in National institute of agricultural science, Wanju, Jeonbuk province from June 2015 to October 2016. Water supply for soybean (cv. Daewon) was managed with irrigation and rainfall. Nitrate leaching was greatest in the rainfall treatment at early July 2016. Yield of soybean in the rainfall treatment was only 25% compared to the irrigation due to the drought at flowering and podding period. The uptake of nitrogen was considerably reduced by drought whereas the uptake of phosphorus and potassium was less affected by drought. CONCLUSION: It was proven that nitrogen loss and uptake were dependent on soil water condition. Therefore, irrigation water management to maintain available soil moisture capacity is critical to nitrogen uptake and yield of soybean.
Irrigation;Nitrogen uptake;Soybean;Weighing lysimeter
- Albrecht, S. L., Bennett, J. M., & Boote, K. J. (1994). Relationship of nitrogenase activity to plant water stress in field grown soybeans. Field Crop Research, 8, 61-71.
- Ashley, D. A. (1983). Soybean. Teare, I. D., Peet, M. M. (eds.). Crop-Water Relations, pp. 389-422. A Wiley Interscience Publication, New York, USA.
- Baligar, V. C., Fageria, N. K., & He, Z. L. (2001). Nutrient use efficiency in plants. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 32(7-8), 921-950. https://doi.org/10.1081/CSS-100104098
- Blake, G. R., & Hartge. K. H. (1986). Bulk density in Methods of Soil Analysis, part1. Klute, A. (ed.). Monograph No. 9, ASA, Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- Gee, G. W., & Bauder, J. W. (1986). Particle size analysis. In: Methods of soil analysis, part1. Klute, A. (ed.). Monograph No. 9, American Society of Agronomy, Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- Holzman, M. E., Rivas, R., & Piccolo, M. C. (2014). Estimating soil moisture and the relationship with crop yield using surface temperature and vegetation index. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 28, 181-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2013.12.006
- Karam. F., Masaad, R., Sfeir, T., Mounzer, O., & Rouphael, Y. (2005). Evapotranspiration and seed yield of field grown soybean under deficit irrigation conditions. Agricultural Water Management, 75(3), 226-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2004.12.015
- Klammler, G., & Fank, J. (2014). Determining water and nitrogen balances for beneficial management practices using lysimeters at Wagna test site (Austria). Science of the Total Environment, 499, 448-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.06.009
- Lee, Y. J., Sung, J. K., Lee, S. B., Lim, J. E., Song, Y. S., Lee, D. B., & Hong, S. Y. (2017). Plant analysis methods for evaluating mineral nutrient. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 50(2), 93-99. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2017.50.2.093
- Park, S. J., Park, J. Y., Eom, K. C., & Moon. J. K. (2014). Determination of water use efficiency on the amount of water use for 29 Korean soybean cultivars. Korean Journal of Breeding Science, 46(4), 381-388. https://doi.org/10.9787/KJBS.2014.46.4.381
- Pinkerton, A., & Simpson, J. R. (1986). Interactions of surface drying and subsurface nutrients affecting plant growth on acidic soil profiles from an old pasture. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 26(6), 681-689. https://doi.org/10.1071/EA9860681
- Sale, P. W. G., & Campbell, L. C. (1980). Patterns of mineral nutrients accumulation in soybean seed. Field Crops Research, 3, 157-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-4290(80)90021-0
- Seo, M. J., Han, K. H., Jung, K. H., Cho, H. R., Zhang, Y. S., & Choi, S. Y. (2016). Effect of temperature and plow pan on water movement in monolithic weighable lysimeter with paddy sandy loam soil during winter season. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 49(4), 300-309. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2016.49.4.300
- Shin, S. H., Park, K. Y., Lim, S. G., Shin, S. O. & Ha, T. J. (2015). Soybean plants maintained source-sink balance with grain yield reduced by drought stress during the full pod stage. Korea Soybean Digest, 32(1), 11-19.
- Yang, J. H., Seong, R. C., Hong, B. H., & Kim, W. H. (2000). Responses of evapotranspiration and yield to different soil water conditions in soybean (Glycine max(L.) Merr.). Korean Journal of Breeding Science, 32(1), 258-259.
- Zahran, H. H. (1999). Rhizobium-legume symbiosis and nitrogen fixation under severe conditions and in an arid climate. Microbiology and Molecular Biology Teviews, 63(4), 968-989.
Grant : Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development
Supported by : National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration