- Volume 26 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Air Temperature Modification of an Urban Neighborhood Park in Summer - Hyowon Park, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do-
여름철 도시근린공원의 기온저감 효과 - 경기도 수원시 효원공원 -
- Park, Sookuk (Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology, SARI, Horticultural Science, College of Applied Life Science, Jeju National University) ;
- Jo, Sangman (Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology, SARI, Horticultural Science, College of Applied Life Science, Jeju National University) ;
- Hyun, Cheolji (Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology, SARI, Horticultural Science, College of Applied Life Science, Jeju National University) ;
- Kong, Hak-Yang (Natural Environment Research Division, Environmental Resources Research Department, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Kim, Seunghyun (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Shin, Youngkyu (Natural Environment Research Division, Environmental Resources Research Department, National Institute of Environmental Research)
- 박수국 (제주대학교 생명자원과학대학 생물산업학부 원예환경전공.아열대농업생명과학연구소.친환경농업연구소) ;
- 조상만 (제주대학교 생명자원과학대학 생물산업학부 원예환경전공.아열대농업생명과학연구소.친환경농업연구소) ;
- 현철지 (제주대학교 생명자원과학대학 생물산업학부 원예환경전공.아열대농업생명과학연구소.친환경농업연구소) ;
- 공학양 (국립환경과학원 환경자원연구부 자연환경연구과) ;
- 김승현 (한국건설기술연구원) ;
- 신영규 (국립환경과학원 환경자원연구부 자연환경연구과)
- Received : 2017.06.23
- Accepted : 2017.09.15
- Published : 2017.09.30
In order to investigate the effect of air temperature reduction on an urban neighborhood park, air temperature data from five inside locations (forest, pine tree, lawn, brick and pergola) depending on surface types and three outside locations (Suwon, Maetan and Kwonsun) depending on urban forms were collected during the summer 2016 and compared. The forest location had the lowest mean air temperature amongst all locations sampled, though the mean difference between this and the other four locations in the park was relatively small (
Grant : 그린인프라를 이용한 도시재해 대응방안 마련 연구
Supported by : 국립환경과학원
- Barradas, V. L., 1991, Air temperature and humidity and human comfort index of some city parks of Mexico City, International Journal of Biometeorology, 35, 24-28. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01040959
- Bowler, D. E., Buyung-Ali, L., Knight, T. M., Pullin, A. S., 2010, Urban greening to cool towns and cities: A Systematic review of the empirical evidence, Landscape and Urban Planning, 97, 147-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2010.05.006
- Chang, C. R., Li, M. H., Chang, S. D., 2007, A Preliminary study on the local cool-island intensity of Taipei city parks, Landscape and Urban Planning, 80, 386-395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2006.09.005
- Cho, Y., Shin, S., 2002, The effects of urban forest on summer air temperature in Seoul, Korea, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 30(4), 28-36.
- Chow, W. T. L., Pope, R. L., Martin, C. A., Brazel, A. J., 2011, Observing and modeling the nocturnal park cool island of an arid city: Horizontal and vertical impacts, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 103(1), 197-211. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-010-0293-8
- de Abreu-Harbich, L. V., Labaki, L. C., Matzarakis, A., 2015, Effect of tree planting design and tree species on human thermal comfort in the tropics, Landscape and Urban Planning, 138, 99-109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2015.02.008
- Gal, T., Rzepa, M., Gromek, B., Unger, J., 2007, Comparison between sky view factor values computed by two different methods in an urban environment, ACTA Climatologica et Chrologica, Universitatis Szegediensis, Tomus 40-41, 17-26.
- Han, G., 2003, An Analysis of landscape type characteristics using the technology of GIS and remote sensing, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 6(3), 117-128.
- Han, S., Huh, J., 2006, Analysis of restored Choengye stream effect on reducing the building cooling loads, Conference paper of Architectural Institute of Korea, 26(1), 633-636.
- IPCC, 2013, Climate change 2013: The Physical Science Basis, WMO, 7bis, Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva2.
- Kim, G., Lee, Y., Lee, D., Kim, B., 2016, Analyzing the cooling effect of urban green areas by using the multiple observation network in the Seonjeongneung region of Seoul, Korea, Journal of Environmental Science International, 25(11), 1475-1484. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.11.1475
- Kim, J., Yeo, C., 2006, The environmental and economic effects of green area loss on urban areas, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 9(2), 20-29.
- Kim, K., Song, J., 2015, The effect of the Cheonggyecheon restoration project on the mitigation of urban heat island, Journal of Korea Planning Association, 50(4), 139-154.
- Kim, N., Kim, G., 2013, A Study on changes of the spatio-temporal distribution of temperature in Korea peninsular during the past 40 years, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 16(4), 29-38. https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2013.16.4.029
- Lee, E., 2006, The relationship between urban spatial elements and the thermal comfort-the case study of Seoul, Master Thesis, Hanyang University, Korea.
- Lee, J., Lee, Y., Kim, B., 2016, Analysis of the thermal environment around an urban green area in Seoul, Korea using Climate Analysis Seoul (CAS), Atmosphere, 26(3), 413-421. https://doi.org/10.14191/Atmos.2016.26.3.413
- Nakamura, Y., Oke, T. R., 1988, Wind, temperature and stability conditions in an east-west oriented urban canyon, Atmospheric Environment, 22(12), 2691-2700. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(88)90437-4
- Oke, T. R., 1973, City size and the urban heat island, Atmospheric Environment, 7(8), 769-779. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(73)90140-6
- Oke, T. R., 1989, The micrometeorology of the urban forest, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B, Biological Science, 324(1223), 335-349. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.1989.0051
- Park, H., Baek, T., 2009, Progress and land-use characteristics of urban sprawl in Busan metropolitan city using remote sensing and GIS, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 12(1), 23-33.
- Park, K., Lee, S., Shim, Y., Hwang, H., 2011, Analysis on the mitigation effects of urban heat island through creation of water space, The International Journal of The Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 11(5), 13-18.
- Park, S., 2012, Landscape planning and design methods with human thermal sensation, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 40(1), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2012.40.1.001
- Park, S., 2013, A Way for creating human bioclimatic maps using human thermal sensation (comfort) and applying the maps to urban and landscape planning and design, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 41(1), 21-33. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2013.41.1.021
- Park, S., Tuller, S. E., Jo, M., 2014, Application of Universal Thermal Climate Index (UTCI) for microclimatic analysis in urban thermal environments, Landscape and Urban Planning, 125, 146-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2014.02.014
- Potchter, O., Cohen, P., Bitan, A., 2006, Climatic behavior of various urban parks during hot and humid summer in the mediterranean city of Tel Aviv, Israel, International Journal of Climatology, 26, 1695-1711. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.1330
- Ryu, N., Lee, C., 2014, Effects for the thermal comfort index improvement of park woodlands and lawns in summer, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 42(6), 21-30. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2014.42.6.021
- Ryu, N., Lee, C., 2015, The gradient variation of thermal environments on the park woodland edge in summer, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 42(6), 21-30.
- Spronken-Smith, R. A., Oke, T. R., 1998, The thermal regime of urban parks in two cities with different summer climates, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 19, 2085-2104. https://doi.org/10.1080/014311698214884
- Takacs, A., Kiss, M., Hof, A., Tanacs, E., Gulyas, A., Kantor, N., 2016, Microclimate modification by urban shade trees-an integrated approach to aid ecosystem service based decision-making, Procedia Environmental Sciences, 32, 97-109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2016.03.015
- Upmanis, H., Eliasson, I., Linqvist, S., 1998, The influence of green areas on nocturnal temperatures in a high latitude city (Goteborg, Sweden), International Journal of Climatology, 18, 681-700. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0088(199805)18:6<681::AID-JOC289>3.0.CO;2-L
- Yoon, M., Ahn, T., 2009, An Application of satellite image analysis to visualize the effects of urban green areas on temperature, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 37(3), 46-53.
- Yoon, Y., Song, T., 2000, Factors affecting temperature of urban parks, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 28(2), 39-48.
- Yun, H., Kim, M., Jung, K., 2013, Analysis of temperature change by forest growth for mitigation of the urban heat island, Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, 31(2), 143-150. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2013.31.2.143