- Volume 26 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Mean Flow Velocity Distribution of Jeju Gangjung-Stream using ADCP
ADCP를 활용한 제주 강정천의 평균유속 분포 추정
- Yang, Se-Chang (Jeju Special Self-Governing Provincial Council) ;
- Kim, Yong-Seok (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Myung-Soo (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Bo-Seong (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2017.04.27
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.30
In this study, the Chiu-2D velocity-flow rate distribution based on theoretical background of the entropy probability method was applied to actual ADCP measurement data of Gangjung Stream in Jeju from July 2011 to June 2015 to predict the parameter that take part in velocity distribution of the stream. In addition, surface velocity measured by SIV (Surface Image Velocimeter) was applied to the predicted parameter to calculate discharge. Calculated discharge was compared with observed discharge of ADCP observed during the same time to analyze propriety and applicability of depth of water velocity average conversion factor. To check applicability of the predicted stream parameter, surface velocity and discharge were calculated using SIV and compared with velocity and flow based on ADCP. Discharge calculated by applying velocity factor of SIV to the Chiu-2D velocity-flow rate distribution and discharge based on depth of water velocity average conversion factor of 0.85 were
Chiu;Entropy;ADCP;Surface image velocimeter
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Chiu, C.-L., 1987, Entropy and probability conception hydraulics, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 133, 583-599.
- Chiu, C.-L., 1988, Entropy and 2-D velocity distribution in open channels, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 114, 783-756. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1988)114:7(783)
- Chiu, C.-L., 1989, Velocity distribution in open channel flow, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 115, 576-594. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1989)115:5(576)
- Choo, T. H., 2002, A Method of discharge measurement using the entropy concept (based on the maximum velocity), Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 22, 495-505.
- Choo, T. H., Je, S. J., 2006, A Study on the maximum velocity and the surface velocity, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 4, 351-355.
- Fujita, M. M., Anton, K., 1998, Large-scale particle image velocimetry for flow analysis in hydraulic engineering applications, Journal of Hydraulic Research, 36, 397-414. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221689809498626
- Kim, S. J., Yu, K. K., Youn, B. M., 2011, Real-time discharge measurement of the river using fixed-type surface image velocimetry, Magazine of Korea Water Resources Association, 44(5), 377-388. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.5.377
- Kim, Y. S., Yang, S. K., Yu, K. K., Kim, D. S., Flood runoff measurements using surface image velocimetry, Journal of Environmental Science, 22, 581-589.
- Muste, M., Vermeyen, T., Hotchkiss, R., Oberg, K., 2007, Acoustic velocimentry for riverine environments, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 115, 925-936.
- RDI, 1996, Acoustic doppler current profilers-principle of operation, a practical primer. San Diego, CA, Instruments.
- SonTek, 2010, Doppler velocity log for ROV/AUV applications, SonTek Newsletter, 6(1), SonTek, SanDiego, CA.
- Yu, K., Kim, D. S., Yoon, B. M., 2005, Development of fast and exact FFT algorithm for cross-correlation PIV, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 38, 851-859. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.10.851