- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Morphological Changes in Hair by the Bleaching Agent's Mixing Conditions
탈색제 혼합 조건에 따른 모발의 형태학적 변화에 관한 연구
- Joo, Yeon-Bin (Dept. of Cosmetology, Dong Shin University) ;
- Kim, Young-Bae (Dongbang Culture University) ;
- Lim, Sun-Nye (Dept. of Cosmetology, Dong Shin University)
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
In the rapidly changing 21st century, image management has become more important. Under these circumstances, as a lot of hair colors and beaching agents are used to create diverse hair colors, hair damage resulting from frequent chemical hair coloring has been inevitable. This study investigated how to reduce morphological changes in hair and hair damage after dividing hair into healthy hair('Group A') and damaged hair('Group B'), using the following bleaching agents: basic bleaching agent(a), beaching agent diluted with water(b), oil ingredient-added bleaching agent(c), water-shampoo mixed bleaching agent(d). The results found that even though hair damage can be prevented by a bleaching agent diluted with a mixture of diverse additives, there were better effects on hair texture in both 'Group A(4.83)' and 'Group B(4.41)' at a sensory test when hair was bleached with an addition of Camellia oil, according to blinded experiment, in particular. As a result, hair damage could be reduced. Therefore, this study expects that hair bleaching with an addition of Camellia oil to the mixture of a bleaching agent would bring the development of diverse new materials which can minimize hair damage as well as regulate hair brightness and make a contribution to the development of cosmetology market.
Hair Color;Bleaching Agent;Oil;Mixture;Hair Damage;Brightness
- J. Y. Im, "Image Evaluation and Image Management Strategy Accompanied with Women's Hair Color", M.S Thesis, Graduate School of Design Daegu University, p.8, 2011.
- O. L. You, "Study on the Color and Shape of Hair Style", M.S Thesis, Graduate School of Industry, Nambu University, p.23, 2007.
- B. M. Kim, J. H. Kim, "A Study on Hair coloring I", Kongiu University of Science Education, Vol. 32, No. 1, p.56, 2001.
- Y. K. Kim, "The morphological change of human hair cuticle shape by permanent hair dyes and hair bleach", M.S Thesis, Graduate School of Design, Catholic University of Daegu, p.1, 2002.
- S. H. Kim, "A Study an the Blood, contents of Amino acid on the Hair and Hair Impairment by the Lever of Protein Intake", Doctor Thesis, Dong Dulk Womens University, p.15, 2004.
- M. H. Choi, "Development of Skin Care and Hair Essence Products using Camellia japonica L. Extracts and seed Oil", M.S Thesis, Graduate School of Industry Chosun University, p.6, 2011.
- J. H. Lee, "Satisfaction on Camellia Oil Utilized Hair Care", M.S Thesis, Graduate School Public Health, Kosin University, p.2, 2012.
- H. R. Song, M. H. Park, Increase of Permanent Wave Efficacy and Desrease of Hair Damage by using Enhancer of Permanent Wave Lotion", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp.124-133, 2006.
- S. N. Lim, Y. B. Kim, C. N. Choi, "Effect of Rod containing Paraffin on the permanent Wave Formation of Hair", The korean Society of Cosmetology, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.962-968, 2012.
- S. S. Chang, H. R. Song, and Y. I. Kim, "Permanent Wave Efficacy and Hair Demage by Permanent Wave Lotion Containing A sorption Enhancer", Journal of Cosmetics and Public Health, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.163-167, 2006.
- J. Lee, S. N. Lim, N. Y. Jung, W. E. Lee and C. N. Choi. "Effect of Solvent in the Dyeing System of Acid Dye/Human Hair", Textile Coloration and Finishing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.250-255, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2011.23.4.250
- K. H. Park, S. N. Lim, "A Study of Effects of Fermented Green Tea Extract-based Treatment on Hair", Textile Coloration and Finishing, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp.353-362, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2014.26.4.353
- H. N. Lee, W. J. Choi, "Impact of Magic-Permanent Wave Treatment with Glycerin on Hair", Journal of Investigative Cosmetology, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.247-254, 2008.
- S. N. Lim, C. N. Choi, "Effects of Natural Vegetable Treatment Agent on the Bleaching and Damage of Human Hair", Textile Coloration and Finishing, Vol. 23, No. 4, p.217, 2012.
- C. W. Kim, H. S. Chun. "Effects of bleaching time and hydrogen peroxide concentration on hair damage". Korean journal of human ecology, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.433-439, 2005.
- T. H. Yoon, J. S. Lee, K. J. Im, "Fatty Acid Composition of Total Lipids from Seeds of Wild and Cultivated Camellia Japonica", Journal of the Korean oil chemists society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.51-54, 1991.