- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effect on the Life Satisfaction and Emotional Clarity For Adult Women by Laughter Therapy Program
웃음치료 프로그램이 성인 여성의 삶의 만족과 정서인식 명확성에 미치는 효과
- Jung, Ha-Gon (Dept. of Fusion Arts, Silla University)
- 정하곤 (신라대학교 융합예술학과)
- Received : 2017.07.10
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of the laughter treatment program on the satisfaction of life and emotional perception clarity of adult women. The subjects were 90 adult women in P metropolitan city who agreed to participate in the experiment and randomly placed 45 women in the control group and 45 women in the experimental group. In the experimental group, the laughter treatment program was conducted for fifteen weeks for a total of fifty minutes a week. t-test and covariance analysis were used to verify the effectiveness of the laughter treatment program. The results of the study are as follows. First, it was found that the laughter treatment program significantly improves the satisfaction of life of adult women. Second, the laughter treatment program significantly increased the emotional perception of adult women. Finally, the implications and limitations of this study and future research topics were discussed.
Laughter Therapy;Adult Women;Life Satisfaction;Emotion;Emotion Clarity
- S. H. Lim, "Study on the Impact of Various Economic Experience in Adolescence on Formation of Economic View in an age of convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 509-515, 2015.
- K. B. Lee, J. H. Kim, "Creative Economy Activation Policy using Virtual Cluster-type Dynamic Collaboration Platform", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 11, No. 12, pp. 101-111, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.101
- I. S. Im, "Sex Difference and Relationship of Perceived Parenting, Emotionality, and Externalized Behaviors in Meddle School Students", Hannam University, 2012.
- Y. J. Lee, K. J. Choi, "The Effect of Korean Adult's Mental Health On QOL(Quality Of Life) -The Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 11, No. 1, pp. 321-327, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.321
- H. A. Lee, "Relationship between adolescent parenting experience and emotional perception, emotional expression belief, emotional expression ambivalence, emotional control strategy". Catholic University, 2011.
- T. O. Hwang, "A study on the effect of enhancement of psychological resilience by positive emotional arousal through laughter training", Ajou University, 2014.
- I. S. Lee, "Laughter, the power to heal me. Seoul: Random House", 2008.
- M. R. Song, "Effects of Laughter Therapy Program on Mental Health of Soldiers", Korean Society for Social Welfare Conference, Vol. 2007, No. 2, pp.463-472, 2007.
- E. S. Yu, "The Effects of Laughter Therapy on Pain and State Anxiety of Postmastectomy Patients", Kyungpook National University, 2009.
- Y. S. Lee, "The Effect of Laughter Therapy on Anxiety and Depression of Cancer Patients", Seoul Social Welfare National University, 2009.
- Y. S. Lee, "Life-changing laughter strategies. Seoul: Danielstone Publishing", 2005.
- H. D. Kim, "Effects of Laughter Therapy for the elderly on Self-esteem and Interpersonal Relationships", Myongji University, 2016.
- Larson, R., "Thirty years of research on the subjuctive well-being of older Americans", Journal of gerontology, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp.109-125, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/33.1.109
- Y. J. Noh, "Analysis of QOL in middle-aged adults in Seoul", Yonsei University, 1988.
- J. A. Kim, "The Effects of Self-esteem and Mood Control on the Failure of Self-regulation", Yonsei University, 2002.
- S. Y. Park, "Formation of Social relationship through SNS and adolescents' life satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 371-379, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.371
- Y. S. Kim, "The Influence of One-Time Laughter Therapy on Stress Response in the Elderly", Busan National University, 2006
- Y. J. Ko, "The Effects of Laughter Program on Pain, Depression, and Quality of Life of Older Adults with Osteoarthritis", Jeju National University, 2012.
- M. Y. Chang, "Effects of Laughter Therapy on Depression in elderly", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 501-508, 2014.
- Y. B. Kwon, "A Study on Improvement of Life Quality Through Laughter Therapy of Housewives", Daegu Hany University, 2014.
- K. J. Ji, J. Y. Yoo, "A study of Emotional Intelligence, Interpersonal relationship and Psychological happiness university student Division of Health", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 653-660, 2013.
- Salovey, P., Mayer, J. D., Goldman, S. L., Turvey, C., Palfai, T. P., "Emotional attention, Clarity and Repair: Exploring Emotional Intelligence Using the Trait Meta-Mood Scale", Emotion, disclosure, and health, pp. 125-154, 1995.
- Salovey, P., Mayer, J. D., "Emotional Intelligence", Imagination, Cognition and Personality, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 185-211, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- Swinkels, A., Giuliano, T. A., "The measurement and conceptualization of mood awareness: Monitoring and labeling one's mood states", Personality and social psychology, Vol 21, No. 9, pp. 934-949, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167295219008
- S. M. Chung, "The Effects of Smile and Laugh Training on the Adolescents' Positive and Negative Emotions", Changwon National University, 2004.
- S. N. Baek, "Predictive Model of QOL in Mothers with Nephrotic Syndrome", Korean Journal of Child Health Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 280-297, 2001.
- S. J. Lee, H. K. Lee, "Effects of the Individual's Cognitive Need for Closure and the Expected Value of Negative Mood Regulation on Burnout of Primary School Teachers", The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol 11, No. 1, pp. 95-116, 1997.
- H. J. Jin, J. G. Kim, "A Study on the Effect of Emotional Clarity, Emotional Expression and Self-esteemon Cognitive Emotion-regulation Strategy: Focused on Female College Students", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol 23, No. 9, pp. 83-106, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2016.09.23.9.83
- Kline, R. B., "Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling", New York: The Guilford Press, 2005.
- Miles, E. A., "The relationship of sense of humor to life satisfaction, functional health, death anxiety, and self-esteem in the elderly", California School of professional Psychology-Fresno, 1988.
- Y. J. Ko, "Effects of Laughter Therapy on Cultural Adaptation Stress and Stress Response of Marriage Migrant Women: A Randomized Control Study", Chung-ang University, 2014.
- H. W. Jung, "The effect of laughter therapy on sleep in the community-dwelling elderly", Kyungpook National University, 2008.
- K. H. Jung, "Effects of Laughter Therapy on Stress responese, Empowerment, Social support of Nurse managers in Small and medium-sized Hospitals", Daejun National University, 2014.
- E. J. Kim, "The Effect of Laughter Therapy on Depression and Anxiety in Diabetic Patients: A Case of Type 2 Diabetes Patients Admitted to General Hospital", Sogang University, 2010.
- H. S. Ha, "A Study on the Differences of Mood and Body-Consciousness according to the MBTI's Typology of Dancing Majoring Students", Sangmyung University, 2008.