- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Mediating Effects of Health Promotion Behavior in the Relationship between Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction of Hospital managers
병원 관리자의 조직문화인식이 직무만족에 미치는 영향과 건강증진행위의 매개효과
- Yun, Dae-Ho (Dept. of Health Administration, Wonkwang University)
- 윤대호 (원광대학교 복지보건학부 보건행정학전공)
- Received : 2017.07.05
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of the study was to identify the mediating effects of Health Promotion Behavior in the relationship between Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction of Hospital managers. To analyzed by frequency, t-test, ANOVA, correlation and a hierarchical multiple regression analysis as suggested by Baron and Kenny(1986) using SPSS/WIN 21.0. There was a positive relationship between organizational culture and job satisfaction. There was also a positive relationship between health promotion behaviors and job satisfaction of hospital managers. There was a partial mediating effect of Health Promotion Behavior between Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction. The result need to develop programs that effectively promote the Health Promotion Behavior of Hospital managers to increase Organizational Culture and maximize Job Satisfaction.
Organizational Culture;Health Promotion Behavior;Job Satisfaction;Mediating Effects;Hospital managers
- Kim euiyoun, Jaehyun Joo.Dongseok Shin, "A Study of the Causal Relationship Between Organizational Culture and Affective Commitment of General Hospital Administrative Staff : Control Effects of Sectoral Types and Employment Types", Chung-Ang Public Adminmistration Review , Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 137-165, 2015.
- Kim Young Hoon, "The Relation of Organizational Structure and Culture Perception, Conflict Experience", Commitment of Hospital Employees in Korea, Department of Public Health The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2001.
- Park, J. S, "The casual relationship between public hospital nurses' perception of organizational culture types and job satisfaction and turnover intention", Korean Association of Health and Medical Sociology, Vol. 19, pp. 97-118, 2006.
- Sang-Tai Kuark, Dong-Woo Yang, "Study on the effect of Hierarchical culture of Construction Industry to the Empowerment and Organizational Effectiveness", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 115-126, 2016.
- Shein, E. H, "The role of founder in creating organizational culture", Organizational Dynamics, Summer, 14, 1983.
- Cooke, R.A., & Rousseau, D.M, "Behavioral norms and expectations: A quantitative approach to the assessment of organizational culture", Group and Organization Studies, Vol. 13, pp. 245-273, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1177/105960118801300302
- Hoon Yu, "A Study on Organizational Culture", Korean Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 31, No. 1 pp. 114-131, 1993.
- Jin-Ho Chun, Jong-Hwa Lee, Jin-Yeong Yoo, "The Effect of Organizational Culture Types on Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Small and Medium Hospitals", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 289-296, 2013.
- Deal, T. D., & Kennedy, A. A, "Corporate Cultures: The Rites and Rituals of Corporate Life", Reading Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley. pp.13-15, 1982.
- Jae-Boong Kim, "A Study on the Influence of Authentic Leadership in the Age of Convergence on the Organizational Effectiveness: Revolved around Effect of Tuned from Confidence of Superior", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 203-208, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.203
- Han Yong-Jun, Roh Kun Chang, Lee, Hoon-Young, "The Study on Influence of General Hospital's Efforts of Changing Organization Culture to Individual and Organizational Work Performance : Focused on Comparison between University Hospital and Corporation Hospital", Journal of the Korea Management Engineers Society, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 167-194, 2015.
- Slavitt, D. B., Stamps, P. L., Piedmont, E. B., & Haase, A. M. B. "Nurses' satisfaction with their work satisfaction", Nursing Research, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 114-120, 1987.
- Jong-Hyun Yang, "The Relations of Stress, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention in Medical Technicians", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 233-241, 2016.
- Moon-Ju Shin, "The Effects of Hospital Accreditation Program to the Organizational Culture, Job Satisfaction, Financial Performances and Patient Safety at Geriatric Hospital : About Busan Metrocity", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 455-466, 2014.
- Gi-Geun Kim, "The Effects of Organizational Culture Type on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment", Chosun University, 2011.
- McDaniel, C., & Stampf, L, "The organizational culture: Implications for nursing service", Journal of Nursing Administration, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 54-60, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-199304000-00014
- Meterko M, Mohr D, Young G, "Teamwork culture and patient satisfaction in hospitals", Medical Care, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 492-498, 2004.
- Shon Kyung-Hee, "Relationship between Organizational Culture Types and Job Satisfaction of Nurses in General Hospitals", Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 41, No. 12, pp. 2277-2294, 2003.
- Jo, Sun - Rae, "A Study on the Perceived Organizational Cultures, Commitment, and Job Satisfaction"., Gyeongsang National University, 2000.
- Kim Gwang suk, "Analysis of Health Promotion Behaviors in Hospital Workers and Development of Program Priority", Yonsei University, 2006.
- Choi, Y. J., & Sung, Y. H, "Psychological well-being, perceived health status, and health promoting behavior of clinical nurses", Journal Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 589-598, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.589
- Jeong Won, "Organizational culture of public hospital and civil hospital and analysis research of relationship of job satisfaction (Incheon area in center)", Gachon University Graduate School, 2010.
- Ji-Won Lee, Yong-Sook Eo, Young-Soo Ha, "Effects of Organizational Cultures on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment : Focused on Small to Medium Sized Hospitals", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 75-87, 2014.
- Hyang-Soo Lee, Seong-Hoon Lee, "Impact on Internalization of Management Strategy in Public Organization", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 1-10, 2016.
- Quinn RE "Beyond Rational Management : Mastering the Paradoxes and Competing Demand of High Performance", SanFrancisco : Jos sey - Bass, 1991.
- Han, S. J, "A study on the relationship between nursing organizational culture and organizational performance", Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Ewha womans University, 2000.
- Walker, S. N., Sechrist, K. R., & Pender, N. J, "The Health-Promoting Lifestyle Profile II. College of Nursing", University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 1995.
- Hong, Eun young, "Factors Affecting Nurse's Health Promoting Behavior: Focusing on Self-efficacy and Emotional Labor", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 154-162, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.3.154
- Smith, P.C. Kendall, L.M. & Hulin, C.L, "The measurement of satisfaction in work and retirement". Illinois, CHI : Rand Mcnally & Company, 1969.
- Byung-Deog Hwang, "Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Hospital Administrative Staffs according to Their Majors", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 186-194, 2008.
- Kwon Hye Jin, Suk Boo Hyun, Chee Soon Ju, "The Relationships between the Types of Nursing Organizational Culture, Nurses' Satisfaction with Life, and Job Satisfaction", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 57-69, 2011.
- J.H. Moon, "Organizational Culture, Job Stress and Turnover Intention among Nurses in Small and Medium Sized Hospitals", Unpublished Master's Thesis, Hanyang University, pp.23-42, 2012.
- Lee chang ho, "The Relation of Organization structure, Organization culture, Organization conflict and Job satisfaction on Hospital staff members", The Graduate School Pusan National University, 2016.
- Cho, Mi Suk, "A Study on Perception of Organizational Culture Types and Job Satisfaction of Physical Therapists", Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science, Vol. 47, No. 3. pp. 75-94, 2008.
- Mi-Hwa Lee, "Convergence factor Influencing Job Satisfaction of Radiographer", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 357-368, 2015.
- Eun Hee Lee, Bo-Kyoung Jung, "A Study on Eco-systemic Factors that affect the job satisfaction of the care givers who involved in long-term care service center", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 383-388, 2012.
- Yoo, S. Y. & Kim, I. S, "A study on the relationship between nursing organizational culture of military hospital and organizational performance", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 1-17, 2005.
- Jung, J. H, "Stress and job satisfaction of clinical nurses and its related factors", Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam University, Daejon, 2004.