- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Viewing Rate Trends of Digital Media Service Special Reference to Terrestrial Real Time Broadcasting of IPTV
IPTV 지상파 실시간방송 채널의 시청률 추세와 영향 요인에 관한 연구
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Kyungsung University)
- 이상호 (경성대학교 디지털미디어학부)
- Received : 2017.08.01
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
This paper deals with the viewing rate trends of digital media service special reference to terrestrial real time broadcasting of IPTV. In a few years, TV viewership of young people is decreasing, the audience viewing rate of the terrestrial broadcasting which is the representative of the media decreases, and the change of the broadcasting industry is progressing. Especially after the terrestrial broadcaster 's VOD holdback was extended, the viewer' s movement on the competitive channel & mobile media was rapidly progressing. Researcher assumed that the viewing rate of the terrestrial real-time broadcasting has influenced the comprehensive channel, CJ E&M subsidiary channels. As a result, researcher verified using statistical methodological time series analysis and regression analysis. Based on these results, researcher expects media players to prepare policies for viewers' satisfaction and symbiotic growth of markets.
Supported by : 경성대학교
- I.H. Cho, S.W. Lee, "A Study of Media Diversity of Terrestrial Broadcast Channels and Comprehensive Programming Channels," Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol.26, No.6, pp.177-213, 2012.
- J. Y. Cho, J. Song, B.G. Lee, "Analyzing Korean Media Industry Trends and Competitive Strategies by Introducing Comprehensive Programming Channels," Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol.12, No.1, pp.39-53, 2011.
- S. Cho, D. Chung, "Effect of the VOD Holdback Strategy Change on IPTV and Cable TV VOD Usage," Jounal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 142-150, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.05.142
- R. Coase, "Durability and monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.143-149, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1086/466731
- J.Y. Ha, "A Performance Evaluation of the Newly Licensed 'Comprehensive Programming' TVChannels in Korea - Can They Meet the Policy Goals?," Journal of Broadcasting Research, No.85, pp.37-67, 2014.
- S.Y. Han, S. Youn, "Competition and Changes in Korean Broadcast Journalism: Examination of Terrestrial Broadcasting TV Networks'Main News Programs," Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol.30, No.1, pp.169-210, 2016.
- J.G. Jeong, "Strategies of Local Terrestrial Broadcasting Companies since the Introduction of Comprehensive Programming Channels," Jounal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 192-209, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.7.192
- H.K. Jung, "Structural Model Analysis on UHDTV Service Usage : Control Effects of Symbolism," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp.359-365, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.359
- J.T. Jung, "The Attitude on Introduction for Total Amount in Terrestrial Broadcasting Television : Comparison of Public and Professional Awareness," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.205-213, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.205
- H. Keum, J. Cho, "Political Talk Shows and New "Media Malaise" - Interactive Effects of Talk Show Viewing and Ideology on Political Trust," Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol.29, No.3, pp.5-35, 2015.
- C.N. Kim, S.H. Lee, "A Study on Composing direction about Mobile Unified Communication Service based on Theory of Communicative Action," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp.251-264, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.251
- D.M. Kim, "Media Groups' Management Strategies : Business Areas, PlatformStrategies, Content Distribution Strategies and Business Strategies," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.157-167, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.157
- M.J. Kim, "A Study on the factors on use diversity or usage of mobile video services," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.389-396, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.389
- S.H. Lee, "The Relation of Addiction and Sustainable Use of Social Media Service," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.273-280, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.273
- S.H. Lee, "A Study on the Effects of the Extension of Terrestrial TV VOD Hold-back on the Viewing Behavior focusing on IPTV & Digital Cable TV," Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol.15, No.5, pp.643-650, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2014.15.5.643
- S.H. Lee, J.B. Kim, Y.B. Kim, "A Study on the Proposal of Spiral Evolution Model of IPTV, M-IPTV, OTT & Smart Media focusing on Exploration & Exploitation Theory," Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol.15, No.3, pp.327-338, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2014.15.3.327
- G.M. Park, H.J. Woo, "Exploring Deliberation for "the Ethical Level" and "Subjects & Representation Techniques" in Television News and News Shows - Focusing on Terrestial Broadcasting and Comprehensive Programming Channels in Year 2012-2014," Journal of Broadcasting Research, No.91, pp.131-164, 2015.
- S. Park, "Windowing Strategies of Korean Broadcasting Networks, A Choice between Media Diversification and Intertemporal Price Discrimination," Broadcasting & Communication, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp.6-35, 2007.
- M.B. Song, S.H. Lee, "A Study on the Policy Implication on the Relation of Social Media & Movie industry : Focusing on Emotional Perception & Audience Trends," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.295-303, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.295