- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Factors Convergent Influencing Rehabilitation Motivation among Stroke Patients
뇌졸중 환자의 재활동기에 미치는 융복합적 영향 요인
- Kim, Seon-Yeon (Graduate School of Department of Nursing, Dongguk Univercity) ;
- Kim, In-Hong (Department of Nursing, Dongguk Univercity)
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The Purpose of this study was to examine, the effects of depression, family Support, and medical suport on rehabilitation motivation among stroke patients. Participants in this cross- sectional, descriptive study were 206 stroke patients who completed a self-report structured questionnaire. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, one-way ANOVA, correlation and stepwise multiple regression analyses with IBM SPSS Win 22 Program. Family support, medical support, education and age were strong predictors of rehabilitation motivation in stroke patients. These variables explained 58.3% of the variance in rehabilitation motivation. Depression was not a predictor of rehabilitation motivation. A higher level of rehabilitation motivation was associated with lower levels of depression and higher levels of family support and medical support. These results show that effective strategies for improving family support and medical support. are needed to improving rehabilitation motivation among stroke patients.
Depression;Family Support;Medical Support;Rehabilitation Motivation;Stroke;Convergence
- Statistics Korea, "2016 statistics for prevalence [Internet]". Seoul: Statistics Korea; http://www.kostat.go.kr 2016. 3.1.
- J. H. Lee, "A study on the determinants that affect life satisfaction of the disabled", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.1, pp.503-514, 2015.
- National Rehabilitation Center, "Rehabilitation in Stroke". A press release before the cabine meeting Seoul: Korea Goverment Printing Office, 2014.
- Hou, W. H .,Ni CH,Li CY, Tsai PS, Lin LF & Shen HN, "Stroke Rehabilitation and Risk of Mortality:A Population-Based Cohort Study Stratified by Age and Gender". J Stroke Cerebrovasc Disease: the Official Journal of National Stroke Association, Vol.24, No. 6, pp.1414-1422, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2015.03.006
- D. M.. Tapp, "Dilemmas of family support during cardiac recovery : Nagging as a gesture of suppo". Western Journal of Nursing Research, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp.561-580, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945904265425
- N, Maclean P, Pound C, Wolfe A. Rudd "Qualitative analysis of stroke patient's motivation for rehabilitation". British Medical Journal. Vol 321, No. 7268, pp. 1051-1057, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.321.7268.1051
- S. S, Sin, "An Empirical Study on the Improvement of the stroke Rehabilitation Services", doctorate. thesis, Sangmyung University, 2005.
- O. S. Kim, Y.S. Seo, B. N. Park, "Rehavilitation and Health", SooMoomSa Publishing, p.28,2013
- Y. Y. Kim, "A study on the relationship between rehabilitation motivation and rehabilitation outcome for the mentally ill", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol .25, No. 3, pp.623-637, 2015.
- J. G, Kamg, "Factors Related to Stroke Patients' Quality of Life, and Moderating Effect of Rehabilitation Motivation", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungbuk National University, Cheong-ju, 2011.
- H. S. Han, "Development of an Instrument to measure Motivation for Rehabilitation in Disa bled", doctorate. thesis, Hanyang University, 2001.
- J. A. Lee, "A Study on the Impact of Acceptance of Disability and Social Support on Rehabilitation Motivation in Stroke Patients", a master's thesis, Nambu University, 2012.
- R., Gillen T., Eberhardt H., Tennene G., Affleck GroszmannY. "Screening for depression in stroke: Relationship to rehabilitatio effeciency". J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis, Vol. 8, pp300-316, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1052-3057(99)80004-4
- J. S. Han, . Y. S. Kim, Y. S. Moon, S. J. Han, I. S. Park, S. H. Lee, A. R. Kim, "Experience of Stroke Patients With Combined Treatment of Self-selected Oriental and Western Medicine", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No. 6, pp.375-384, 2014.
- E . Y. Park, I. S. Shin, J.H. Kim, A Meta-analysis of the Variables related to Depression in Korean Patients with a Stroke, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol . 42, No. 4, pp.537-548, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.537
- H. M. Kim, M. K. Shim, "The Effects of Mental Health on The Quality of Life After Stroke", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 237-244, 2015.
- D. M. Tapp, "Dilemmas of family support during cardiac recovery : Nagging as a gesture of suppert". Western Journal of Nursing Research, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 561-580, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945904265425
- P. K Robertson, & R. M. Suinn, "The determ ination of rate of progress of stroke patients through empathy measures of patient and family". Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Vol. 12, pp. 189-19, 1968. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3999(68)90045-7
- E. H. Kwon, "A study on the rehabilitation motive of stroke patients -Focused on individual and family support factors-", master's thesis, Ewha Womans University , 2003.
- Y. H. Chae, W. H. Lee, Y. M. Min, A. M. Shin, H. M. Kim, "Nurse's Role Performance and Perception of the Importance of Role among Nurses Practicing in a Cancer Care Facility", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.19, No. 3, pp 407-418. 2013.
- H. S. Kim, "The Impacts of Stroke Patient's Depression, Motivation for Rehabilitation and Activities of Daily Living on Quality of Life", master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2009.
- D. H. Kim, "Effect of Stroke Patient's ADL, Self-Esteem, and Care giving Burden of Care givers on the Motivation for Rehabilitation", master's thesis, Dong Shin University, 2013.
- L. Radloff, "The CES-D scale : a Self report depression scale for research in the general population", Appl Psycho Measur, pp. 385-401. 1977.
- K. K. Chon, M. K. Rhee, "Preliminary Development of Korean Version of CES-D, Korean", Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol.11 .No.1. pp. 65-76, 1992.
- S. Cobb, "Social support as a moderator of life stress" Psychosomatic Medicine, Vol. 38, pp. 300-314. 1976. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003
- H. S. Kang, "Experimental study of the effects of reinforcement education for rehabilitation on hemi plegia patients' self-care activities", doctorate. thesis, Yonsei University, 1984.
- Y. S. Tae, E.S. Kang, M. H. Lee, G. J. Park, "The Relationship among Percieved Social Support, Hope and Quality of Life of Cancer Patients", Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol .4, No. 2, pp. 219-231, 2001.
- H. M. Kim, "A Study on the Effects of Stroke Patients' Activities of Daily Living, Depression and Social Support for Them on Their Life Quality", master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2005.
- H. S. Kim, Y. S. Kim, "A Study on the Quality of Life, Self-Efficacy and Family Support of Stroke Patients in Oriental Medicine Hospitals", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol .20 .No. 1. pp. 11-130, 2003.
- Y. Kim, "The Impact of Disability, Depression and Social Support on Rehabilitative Motivationin Hemiplegic Patients after Stroke", master's thesisa, Gyeongsang National University, 2016.
- S. O. Kim, N. Y. Lim, "The Rehabilitation Motive and Social Support Perceived by Spinal Cord Injury Patients", The Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, Vol. 16, No. 1. pp. 66-79, 2009.
- Y. J. Kim, H. M. Lee, S. Y. Lee, "The Relationship between Stress, Psychological Hardiness, Social Support and Quality of Life in Insomniacs", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 137-150, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2016.24.3.137
- H. K. Jeong, "Mediating Effect of Uncertainty in the Relationship between Social Support and Motivation for Rehabilitation among Patients with Stroke", master's thesisa, Ulsan National University, 2017.
- B. S. Son, "A Study on the factors affecting rehabilitation motive of elderly stroke patients living at home," master's thesis, Hallim University, 2005.
- J. Y. Kim, "Depression, Stress and Rehabilitation Motive in Cerebrovascular Disease and Spinal Cord Injury Patients", master's thesis, Chungnam National University, 2003.
- A. T., Beek, M., Meldelson, & J. Mock, Inventory for measuring depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry Vol. 4, pp. 561-571, 1961. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1961.01710120031004
- H. H. Moon, "Relationship among depression, family support, and rehabilitation motive in patient with acute or subacute hemorrhagic stroke", master's thesisa, Yonsei University, 2010.