- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convergent Effects of Subjective Health Status on Life Satisfaction of the Elderly Women Living Alone -The Mediating Effects of Social Participation and Self-Esteem-
독거여성 노인의 주관적 건강 상태가 생활 만족에 미치는 융복합 영향 -사회참여와 자아존중감의 매개효과-
- Yun, Dae-Ho (Dept. of Health Administration, Wonkwang University)
- 윤대호 (원광대학교 복지보건학부 보건행정학전공)
- Received : 2017.07.25
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine mediating effects of social participation and self-esteem on the relationship between subjective health status and life satisfaction in elderly women living alone. To data were analyzed by hierarchical multiple regression analysis as suggested by Baron and Kenny(1986) using SPSS/WIN 21.0. As a results, subjective health status of the elderly women living alone had a positive influence on the social participation, self-esteem, life satisfaction. There was a partial mediating effect of the Social Participation and self-esteem in the relationship. Based on the research result, it is necessary to conduct programs suitable for each elderly Women person's health condition, and integrated social participation support program should be provided.
- Korea National Statistical Office, 2015.
- So-Hee Ju, "A Study of Factors Influencing Suicidal Ideation of the Female Single Aged", Journal of Public Welfare Administration Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 91-121, 2013.
- Kyung-Wook Cho, "The Study on the Degree of Life-Satisfaction of the Female Single Aged", International Journal of Gerontological Social welfare Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 85-125, 2002.
- Yang-Ja Hong, Kyung-Sun Jung, "A study on Health Condition and Life Satisfaction of Elderly Woman Participated in the Korean Dance Activity", Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 1-11, 2006.
- Sung-Hui Cho, "Factors affecting the Health Promotion Behaviors of the Low-Income Elderly Living Alone -Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Social Support", Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 423-431, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.423
- Mi-Hye Kim, Je-Ran Chun, Seong-Ae Hong, "Factors of Family Function and Self-efficasy Influencing Old Patient's Decision of Advance Directives Attitude", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 123-129, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.123
- Dong-Joo Kim, "The Influence of Subjective Health Status on Daily Life Satisfaction of the People with Disabilities", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 519-526, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.519
- Hyang-Soo Kim, "Effect of Pain, Nutritional Risk, Loneliness, Perceived Health Status on Health-related Quality of Life in Elderly Women Living Alone", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 7, pp. 207-218, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.207
- Wu- T, "Functional health status of the elderly in Taiwan", Healthy Aging & Clinical Care in the Elderly, Vol. 2, pp. 9-17, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4137/HACCE.S3620
- Seon-Mi Lee, Kyeong-Shin Kim, "Life Satisfaction, Depression and Related Variables in Old Married Couples", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 139-157, 2002.
- Hye-Won, Jeon, "Depression, Self-esteem, Activities of Daily Living and Life Satisfaction in the Community-dwelling Elderly", Journal of The Korean Society of Living Environmental System Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 656-666, 2011.
- Jin-Hyang Lee, "Mediating effects of subjective health rates on the relationship between stress and life satisfaction of the persons with mental illness", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 23-32. 2015. https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2015.32.1.23
- Yi-cheol Kim, Ji-na Paik, "The Effects of Family Conflict, Social Support and Self-Esteem on Life Satisfaction of the Aged", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 279-287, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.279
- Jung-Don Kwon, Eui-Seong Sohn, "The Influences of Self-Perception and Experiences of Age Discrimination upon the Social Participation Among the Elderly: A Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 49, pp. 81-106, 2010.
- Min-Seok Ko, "The Effects of Social Participation on Daily Life Satisfaction in Elderly with Disabilities: Mediating Effect of Self-Rated Health Status and Self-Esteem", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 221-232. 2015. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.3.221
- Hyun-Soo Gweon, "The Effect of Social Participation on the Life Satisfaction of the Elderly - Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Depression and Self-reported Health -", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 995-1008, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.5.995
- Nam-Young Yang, Sun-Young Moon, "The Effects of Suicidal Thought on Health Status Social Support, and Life Satisfaction in Elderly", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 515-524, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.515
- Yeon-Sung Jung, Seong-Jin Hong, Hyong-Jun Choi, "Mediating Effect of Self-esteem between Social Support and Quality of Life of the Elderly who Participate in Sports for All". Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 739-750, 2014.
- Jeong-Hwa Lee, Kyoung-Shin Kim, Kyoung-Myoung Kim, "The Impacts of Phyical Health on Health Behaviors of The Korean Rural Elderly", Family and Environment Research, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 57-69, 2007.
- Jang-Kwun Son, Wyung-Wha Cho, "social activities, social relations and life satisfaction among person's sixty years and older", Korean Journal of Sociology Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 5-39, 2005.
- Jung-Nam Park, "Effect of Loneliness, Life Stress and Depression on the Suicidal Ideation in the Elderly", The Graduate School of Seoul Christian University. 2013.
- Seung-Won Jeong, "The Prospective Effect of Acceptance of Disability on Self-esteem of Persons with Hearing Impairments", Disability & Employment, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 167-197, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2014.24.1.007
- Berg, A. I, "Life Satisfaction in Late Life: Markers and Predictors of Level and Change Among 80+ Year Olds", Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Psychology, University of Gothenburg, 2008.
- Chung-Hwa Han, "Structural Model of Life Satisfaction in the Elderly", Daegu Haany University, 2010.
- Nam-Hee Kim, Soo-Il Choi, Effects of the Physical and Social Characteristics of Elderly Women on Self-Esteem and Life Satisfaction", Journal of The Korea Contents Association Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 241-252, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.11.241
- ki-min nam, eun-kyung jung, "The Influence of Social Activity and Social Support Perceived by Elderly Women Living alone on Their Quality of Life: Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Depression and Death-Anxiety2011", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 52, pp. 325-348, 2011.
- Haeng-Woong Nam, Byung-Kwan Lee, Ho-Youl Lee, "Effect on elderly women's self-esteem and Life satisfaction by participating in Korean dance", The Korean Journal of Physical Education Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 55-63, 2009.
- Yoo-Rim Kweon, Hae-Ok Jeon, "Effects of Perceived Health Status, Self-esteem and Family Function on Expectations Regarding Aging among Middle-aged Women", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 176-184, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.176
- Kang-Il Lee, Jong-Hun Lee, "The Impacts of Daily Stress, Ego Resilience, and Quality of Life of the Elderly in Long-term Care Institutions", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 6, pp. 325-336, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.325
- Eun-Surk Yi, "The Mediative Effect of Social Support, Self-esteem and Depression in Relationship between the Health Calisthenics Participation and Health Promoting Lifestyle for Elderly Women Living Alone in the Rural Area", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 683-697, 2009.
- Jeong-Ju Sun, Suk-Hee Oh, "The Development and Effects of The Integrated Dementia Prevention Program for Life in the Elderly Women Living alone", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 55-64, 2017.
- Kyung-Min Choi, Wang-Kyu Lim, "The Effect of Participation motivation of the Culture and Education Activities on the psychological well-being Convergence Formation of the Elderly", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 55-67, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.55