- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The effect of K-POP characteristics on the liking of Korean Wave content, the intention of listening and the purchase intention of Korean products: Targeting Chinese consumers
K-POP 특성이 한류콘텐츠 호감도와 청취의도 및 한국제품 구매의사에 미치는 영향: 중국소비자를 대상으로
- Yu, Seung Yeob (Dept. of Advertising and Public Relations, Namseoul University)
- 유승엽 (남서울대학교 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
This study investigated the effect of K-POP characteristics on Korean consumers' liking, intention of listening and purchase intention of Korean products. For this purpose, K-POP characteristics were classified into musical characteristics and star characteristics. The results of the study are as follows. First, both musical characteristics and star characteristics of K-POP characteristics had a significant effect on favorability of Korean Wave content. Second, both musical characteristics and star characteristics of K-POP have a significant effect on K-POP listening intention. Third, both musical characteristics and star characteristics of K-POP characteristics had a significant effect on the purchase intention of Korean products through Korean Wave content. However, the relative influence of star characteristics is higher than K-POP characteristics. The results of this study will be useful data for promoting Korean pop among Chinese consumers.
Korean wave;K-POP characteristics;Content favorability;Listening intention;Purchase intention
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- S. S. Kim and M. J. Kim, "Effect of Hallyu Cultural Products in Thai Society on Enhancement of Korean National Image and Intention to Visit." Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 101-125, 2009.
- J. Y. Kim and K. M. Ahn, "Impact of K-POP on Positive Feeling Towards Korea, Consumption Behavior and Intention to Visit from other Asian Countries." International Journal of Contents, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 516-524, 2012.
- S. A. Park, "Nationalism and Consumers' Attitude toward the Korean Wave in Japan." Studies of Chinese and Korean Humanities, Vol. 27, pp. 227-252, 2009.
- H. S. Lee and S. S. Kim, "An Analysis of Determinants of Preferred Type of Korean Wave Tourism Using the Multinorminal Logit Model." Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 203-224, 2006.
- J. H. Lee and S. Y. Yu, "A Study on the Revitalization of Hallyu Contents in China: Focusing on K-DRAMA and K-POP." Broadcast Research Support Project Report, 2015.
- S. H. Sohn. "Local Context and Global Fandom of Hallyu Consumption: The Case of Korean Connection in France." Journal of media economics & culture, Vol. 10, No1, pp. 45-85. 2012.
- S. J. Oh. "Attractiveness factors in K-POP: Focused on Ameriacan Consumer of K-Pop in U. S. A." Journal of KSSSS, Vol. 24, pp. 205-233. 2012.
- S. S. Kim and M. J. Kim. "Effect of Hallyu Cultural Products in Thai Society on Enhancement of Korean National Image and Intention to visit." Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No 4, pp. 101-125, 2009
- J. Y. Kim and K. M. Ahn. "How Chinese Population's Preference to Korean Wave Contents does Influence their Intent to Purchase Korean Product, Visit Korea and Learn Hangul." Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No 5, pp. 516-524. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.01.516
- J. O., Kim, N. J. Kim and C. Jeong. "Effect of the Perception of K-pop on Destination Image and Visit Intention to Korea: Focusing on Chinese Undergraduate Students." Journal of Tourism Science, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 77-101, 2013.
- D. H. Ha and S. H. Hwang. "A Study on Structual Relationship among the K-pop Visitor' Perceived Service Quality, Emotional, Cognitive, Regional Image, and Revisit Intention." International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 91-107, 2014.
- G. S. Jang. "Overseas advance instance and strategic study of Korean pop music." The Journal of Global Culture Contents, Vol. 2, pp. 217-238. 2009.
- M. Y. Byun. "K-pop led by New Hantyu." Korea Creative Content Agency. 2011.
- Jin-jin Liu, Yeon-jin, Park & Ha-sung, Hwang, "Effect of Hallyu: Influence of K-POP Consumption on Chinese Attitude toward Korea and Hallyu." The Journal of Korean Journalism, Vol. 65, pp. 51-75, 2014.
- Hee-jin Lee. "The Influence of Chinese People's Viewing Degree of Korean Contents on Sustainability of 'Korean Wave' with the Multiple Mediation Effect of Liking for Korean Wave and Receptiveness to Foreign Culture Inflow." Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 19, pp. 514-526, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.514
- Engel. J. F., Blackwell. R. D. "Image Variables in Multi-Attribute Product Evaluation: Country-Origin Effect." Journal of Consumer Reseaech, June, pp. 264-319. 1986.
- Rak-gun, Hwang, Hyoung-Bae, Choi & Young-Taek, Kim. "K-POP & K-POP Star Influence on the National Image and Korea-Made Goods' Purchasing Intention." Journal of Korea entertainment industry, Vol. 6, No.4, pp. 5-14, 2013.