- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effects of Application Attributes of Coffee Chains on Consumer's Repurchase Decision-Making Processes
커피전문점의 모바일 애플리케이션 특성이 고객 재구매 의사 결정에 미치는 영향
- Zhang, Hang (School of Business, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Hyoeun (School of Business, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Byoungsoo (School of Business, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2017.07.25
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
This study explores the impacts of application attributes of coffee chains on consumer's re-purchase decision-making processes in the context of coffee chains. We posited coffee quality, service quality, and physical environment as key service attributes of coffee chains and personalization, usefulness, economy, and convenience as key application attributes. The moderating effect of application attributes on the relationship between consumer satisfaction and repurchase intention was investigated. The theoretical framework was tested based on 382 consumers who frequently visit coffee chains and install their applications. PLS method was used to analysis the hypotheses. The theoretical model accounts for 48.1% of variance in customer satisfaction and 41.6% of variance in repurchase intention. The analysis results showed that personalization and convenience play an moderating effect on consumer's repurchase decision-making processes. Coffee quality and physical environment were found to have significant effects on customer satisfaction, while service quality does not significantly influence consumer satisfaction. Brand image has a significant effect on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention.
Mobile Application;Personalization;Loyalty Program;Starbucks;Brand Image;Convergence
- B. Kim, "Effects of customer satisfaction, perceived switching costs and regret on repurchasing intention: The case of coffee chains", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 87-98, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.87
- M S. Jung and I. H. Cho, "The Influences of the franchise coffee shop e-service quality on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention", 2015 Spring Conference on Review of Korea Entertainment Industrial Association, pp. 28-35, 2015.
- B. Kim, "Effects of brand loyalty of consumer loyalty toward loyalty programs and consumer satisfaction: Focused on coffee chains", Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 135-157, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2017.18.1.007
- H. S. Park and S. H. Kim, "The effects of mobile application quality on satisfaction and intention to pay mobile application", Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 20 No. 3, pp. 81-109, 2011.
- S. Y. Kim and K. S. Oh, "Influence of mobile bookstore application service quality on user satisfaction and reuse intention", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15 No. 10, pp. 535-546, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.10.535
- H. M. Kim, H. B. Kim and S. B. Cha, "The effect of coffee shop selection choice attributes on customer behavioral intention - Moderating effect of preferred type of coffee shop", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 30 No. 2, pp. 115-132, 2015.
- P. T. Chen and H. H. Hu, "How determinant attributes of service quality influence customer perceived value: An empirical investigation of the Australian coffee outlet industry", International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 535-551, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596111011042730
- P. S. Kim and J. Y. Han, "The effect of service quality on customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in take-out coffee shop: Moderating effects of switching barriers", Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 24 No. 5, pp. 2499-2518, 2011.
- K. M. Kim, "Effects of service quality on customer satisfaction and behavioral intention in coffee shop", Review of Korea Entertainment Industrial Association, Vol. 7 No, 1, pp. 92-99, 2012.
- B. Kim, "Effects of service habit on customer purchase in a coffee shop: Focused on female university students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15 No. 11, pp. 447-455, 2015.
- K. J. Back and Y. S. Park, "The relationship with mobile travel apps, service adoption and consumer purchase intention -Focusing on interview with an mobile apps user", Tourism Study, Vol. 30 No. 2, pp.353-374, 2015.
- H. B. Kim and N. E. Kim, "The effect of e-service quality, perceived value and customer satisfaction on customer loyalty for online travel agencies", Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, Vol. 10 No. 2, pp.251-276, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2009.10.2.011
- B. G. Chun and Y. M. Roh, "The influence of physical environment perception on restaurant patrons' attitude formation: The mediating role of emotional responses", Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp. 438-445, 2005.
- J. Y. Jung, "The effect of coffee shop selection attributes on revisit intention: Focused on mediating effect of brand trust", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 289-304, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.289
- S. Y. Kang and H. J. Kim, "A study on the effects of family restaurants' service guarantees on customer loyalty -Focusing on the moderating role of involvement-", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 103-115, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.103
- S. S. Kim and M. H. Kim, "The effects of brand image on brand trust and customer satisfaction in healthcare services", Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 151-185, 2011.
- C. Gronroos, Service Management and Marketing. Lexington Books, 1990.
- J. H. Kim and H. Lee, "The influences of experiential and environmental factors on perceived service quality, brand image and customer satisfaction", Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, Vol. 14 No. 4, pp. 29-52, 2011.
- J. Y. Park and M. R. Suk, "Influence of brand awareness and brand image of take-out coffee shop on the customers' satisfaction and loyalty", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 26 No. 1, pp. 183-199, 2011.
- R. E. Anderson, "Consumer dissatisfaction: The effect of disconfirmed expectancy on perceived product performance", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 10, pp. 38-44, 1973. https://doi.org/10.2307/3149407
- P. K. Hellier, G. M. .Geursen, R. A. Carr and J. A. Rickard, "Customer repurchase intention: A general structural equation model", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 37 No. 11-12, pp. 1762-1800, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310495456
- J. Y. Yang, T. H. Kim and S. J. Shin, "The effects of customer satisfaction based on use experience on behavior intention in coffee shops", Tourism Study, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 157-181, 2013.
- H. J. Park and Y. G. Kwon, "The analysis on the relationship among service characteristics, perceived value, behavioral intention, and actual use of mobile tourism information service", Korean Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Vol. 16 No. 1, pp. 121-138, 2007.
- A. Mimouni-Chaabane and P. Volle, "Perceived benefits of loyalty programs: Scale development and implications for relational strategies", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 63, pp. 32-37, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2009.01.008
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 13 No.3, pp.319-339, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- H. Y. Kim, J. Y. Lee, D. Choi, J. Wu, and K. K. P. Johnson, "Perceived benefits of retail loyalty programs: Their effects on program loyalty and customer loyalty", Journal of Relationship Marketing, Vol. 12 No. 2, pp. 95-113, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332667.2013.794100
- J. J. Cronin, M. K. Brady and G. T. M. Hult, "Assessing the effects of quality, value, and customer satisfaction on consumer behavioral intentions in service environments", Journal of Retailing, Vol. 76 No. 2, pp.193-218, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- C. H. Cho and B. S. Kang, "An effect of service quality on perceived value and user satisfaction in UCC web-site", Academy of Customer Satisfaction Management, Vol. 10 No. 2, pp.255-272, 2008.
- J. F. Hair, G. T. M. Hult, C. M. Ringle and M. Sarstedt, A Primer on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM), Sage, Thousand Oaks, 2013.
- J. F. Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, and R. E. Anderson, Multivariate Data Analysis, 7th Edition. London: Prentice Hall, 2009.
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural evaluation models with unobservable variables and measurement error", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- M. J. Bitner, "Servicescapes: the impact of physical surroundings on customers and employees", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 57-71, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- K. Ryu, H. R. Lee and W. G. Kim, "The influence of the quality of the physical environment, food, and service on restaurant image, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intentions", International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 200-223, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596111211206141