- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Relationship among Organization-Public Relationships, External Reputation and Job Satisfaction of Workers in Small and Medium-sized IT Enterprises
IT 관련 중소기업 종사자들의 조직-공중관계성과 외부평판 및 직무만족의 관계
- Received : 2017.07.21
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship among organization-public relationships, external reputation and job satisfaction of workers in small and medium-sized IT enterprises. The subjects were 221 workers in small and medium-sized IT enterprises selected. The data were analyzed by the exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, correlation analysis, reliability analysis and structural equation modeling analysis using IBM SPSS 21 program and IBM AMOS 21 program. The results were as follow. First, Organization-public relationships influenced positively on external reputation. Second, Organization-public relationships influenced not significantly on job satisfaction of workers in small and medium-sized IT enterprises. Third, External reputation influenced positively on job satisfaction of workers in small and medium-sized IT enterprises. These results will contribute to provide implications related to organization effectiveness.
Organization-public relationship;External reputation;Job satisfaction;IT;workers in small and medium-sized enterprises
- Bruning, S. D. "Relationship building as a retention strategy: Linking relationship attitudes and satisfaction evaluations to behavioral outcomes". Public Relations Review, Vol. 28, pp. 39-48, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0363-8111(02)00109-1
- Bruning, S. D. and Ledingham, J. A. "Organization-public relationships and consumer satisfaction: Role of relationships in the satisfaction mix". Communication Research Reports, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 199-209, 1998.
- Kim, H. S. "A study on the koreanization of OPR measurement and the causal relationship among PR communication effect variables". Doctoral Dissertation, HanYang University, 2007.
- Kim, H. S. and Lee, H. O. "A study on the OPR measurement scale reflecting korean culture". The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 99-139, 2008.
- Men, L. J. "Revisiting the continuum of types of organization-public relationships: From a resource-based view". Public Relations Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-19, 2012.
- Kim, H. J. and Sohn, Y. K. "The research for reinforcing the OPR via the organization social media". Journal of Public Relations Research, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 278-339, 2013.
- Kim, H. S. "A study on the causal relationship among PR effect variables of relationship-organization-public dimension". Journal of Public Relations Research, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 5-45, 2008.
- Lee, S. B. and Kim, Y. J. "A meta-analytic assessment in the effects of organization-public relationship". Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 157-182, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21331/jprapr.2016.9.4.007
- Lee, J. M. "A study on the influence of the organizational culture, communication type and organization-public relationships on their organizational commitment, job satisfaction". Master's Thesis, ChungAng University, 2009.
- Yoon, K. and Ryu, J. Y. "The effects of CSR activities and internal reputation on the internal marketing factors and employees' job satisfaction". The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 71-92, 2012.
- Cutlip, S. M., Center, A. H. and Broom, G. M. "Effective public relations (7th ed.)", Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1994.
- Koo, J. E. "The effects of the organization-public relationship on the image formation of the public institution". Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 138-173, 2011.
- Blackston, M. "Observations: Building brand equity by managing the brands relationships." Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 79-83, 1991.
- Grunig, L. A., Grunig, J. E. and Ehling, W. P. "What is an effective organization?". In J. E. Grunig, D. M. Dozier, W. P. Ehling, L. A. Grunig, F. C. Repper, and J. White (Eds.). Excellence in public relations and communication management. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associaties, 1992.
- Grunig, J. E. and Repper, F. C. "Strategic management, public and issues". In J. E. Grunig et al. (Eds.), Excellence in public relations and communication management. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, pp. 117-157, 1992.
- Ledingham, J. A. and Bruning, S. D. "Relationship management and public relations: Dimensions of an organization-public relationship". Public Relations Review, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 55-65, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0363-8111(98)80020-9
- Hon, L. C. and Grunig, J. E. "Guidelines for measuring relationships in public relations". FL: The Institute for Public Relations, 1999.
- Huang, Y. H. "Values of public relations: Effects on organization-public relationship mediating conflict resolution". Journal of Public Relations Research, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 265-301, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1207/S1532754XJPRR1304_01
- Mael, F. and Ashforth, B. "Alumni and their alma mater: A partial test of the reformulated model of organizational identification". Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 103-123, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030130202
- Dawkins, J. "Corporate responsibility: The communication challenge". Journal of Communication Management, Vol. 9, pp. 108-119, 2004.
- Gotsi, M. and Wilson, A. M. "Corporate reputation: Seeking a definition". Corporate Communications: An International Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 24-30, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/13563280110381189
- Grunig, L. A., Grunig, J. E. and Dozier, D. M. "Excellent public relations and effective organizations: A study of communication management in three countries", Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2002.
- Shin, S. H. Sung, M. J. and Kim, J. R. "The relationship between perceived symmetric communication, organization-employee relationship, corporate reputation, and communication behaviors". Journal of Public Relations Research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1-21, 2016.
- Fombrun, C. J. and Van Riel, C. B. M. "Fame & fortune: How successful companies build winning reputations". Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall Financial Times, 2003.
- Fombrun, C. J. and Van Riel, C. B. M. "The reputation landscape". Corporational Reputation Review, Vol. 1, pp. 5-13, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.crr.1540008
- Lee, S. C. "A study on the effect of social reputation on job satisfaction and organizational commitment: Focusing on police administration". Korean Journal of Local Government & Administration Studies, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 469-492, 2014. https://doi.org/10.18398/kjlgas.2014.28.4.469
- Roberts, P. W. and Dowling, G. R. "The value of a firm corporate reputation". Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 72-76, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.crr.1540020
- Smidts, A., Pruyn, A. and Van Riel, C. B. M. "The impact of employee communication and perceived external prestige on organizational identification". Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 44, pp. 1051-1062, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069448
- Dutton, J. E., Dukerich, J. M. and Harquial, C. V. "Organizational images and member identification". Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 239-263, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393235
- Locke, E. A. "The nature and causes of job satisfaction". In M. D. Dunnett(ed), Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology. Chicago: Rand McNally, pp. 1293-1349, 1976.
- Herrbach, O. K., Mignonac, K. and Gtignon, A. L. "Exploring the role of perceived external prestige in manager's turnover intention". The International of Human Resource Management, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 1390-1407, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/0958519042000257995
- Jin, B. S. Yoon, Y. J. and Kim, Y. K. "The effect of the relationship between multinational corporations and local employees in china on attitudes toward corporations, intentions to participate in CSR programs, and bridging social capital". Speech & Communication, Vol. 26, pp. 7-14, 2015.
- Woo, S. Y. "A study on the value of organization-public relationships and corporate image: Focused on the relation between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty". Ph.D, dissertation, pp. 1-146, ChungAng University, 2008.
- Dowling, G. R. "Journalist's evaluation of corporate reputation". Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 196-205, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.crr.1540220
- Kim, J. G. "Effects of organization-public relationship of corporate donation via SNS on corporate image and reputation". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 29-38, 2017.
- Hwang, D. R. Lee, S. H. and Do, H. O. "Convergence generation the corporate research activities on the impact of CSR on purchase: Focusing on the mediating effect of the image and reputation". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 127-134, 2016.