- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the effect of Perceived Organizational Support to Organizational Citizenship Behavior in the convergence age - Mediating Effect of Organizational Commitment and Psychological Empowerment
융·복합 시대의 조직지원인식과 조직시민행동간 조직몰입과 심리적 임파워먼트의 매개효과
- Kang, Eun-Gu (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Sun-Kyu (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.07.10
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
To lead the Organizational Citizenship Behavior of organizational member's, It needs to change the psychological attitude of organizations through perception of organizational members who recognize the organization's support in the convergence age. Therefore, this study establishes the Perceived Organizational Support as an independent variable, and the Organizational Citizenship Behavior as an dependent variable. Also, we want to analyze the effects of psychological impowerment and organizational engagement, explaining the psychological conversion process of individuals. The result is following ; First, Perceived Organizational Support has significant effects of Organizational Commitment and Psychological Empowerment. Second, Organizational Commitment and Psychological Empowerment have shown significant implications for Organized Citizenship Behavior. In addition, Organizational Commitment and Psychological Empowerment have been shown to be partial mediation effect between Perceived Organizational Support and Organized Citizenship Behavior. These findings reveal the specific process of Organized Citizenship Behavior. It is expected to contribute to various measures that can cause to the extra-role behavior of the organizational member's.
Perceived Organizational Support;Organizational Citizenship Behavior;Organizational Commitment;Psychological Empowerment;Convergence Age
- Bateman & Organ, Job satisfaction and the good soldier: "The realtionsheep between affect and employee citizenship." Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 587-595, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/255908
- Cohen-Charash, Y., & Spector, P. E. "The role of justice in organizations: A meta-analysis". Organizational behavior and human decision processes, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 278-321, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.2001.2958
- Corsun, D. L., & Enz, C. A., "Predicting psychological empowerment among service workers: The effect of support-based relationships." Human relations, Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 205-224, 1999.
- Cropanzano, R., Howes, J. C., Grandey, A. A., & Toth, P., "The relationship of organizational politics and support to work behaviors, attitudes, and stress". Journal of Organizational behavior, pp. 159-180, 1997.
- Einsberger, Fasolo and Davis-LaMastro., "Perceived Organizational Support and Employee Diligence, Commitment, and Innovation." Journal of Applied Phychology 75, pp. 51-59, 1990.
- Eisenberger, Huntington, Hutchison and Sowa., "Perceived Organizational Support." Journal of Applied Physology 71; pp. 500-507, 1996.
- George, M, Jennifer, Thomans, F. Reed, Karen. A. Ballard and Jane Fielding., "Contact with aids patients as a source of work-related distress: Effects of organizational and social support". Academy of Management Journal, 36, pp. 157-171, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/256516
- Keller, T., & Dansereau, F., Leadership and empowerment: "A social exchange perspective". Human Relations, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 127-146, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872679504800202
- Mowday, Steeres and Porter, "The Measurement of Organizational Commitment." Journal of Vocational Behavior 14; pp. 224-247, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- Pieterse, Knippenberg, Schippers & Stam., "Transformational and transactional leadership and innovative behaviour: the moderating role of psychological empowerment." Journal of Organizational Behaviour, 31: pp. 609-623, 2010.
- Podsakoff and MacKenzie, "The impact of organizational citizenship behavior on organizational performance: a review and suggestions for future research." Human Performance 10; pp. 133-151, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327043hup1002_5
- Randall, D. J., J.M Wilson, K.WPeng, T.W.K Kok, S.S.L Kuah, S.F Chew, T.J Lam, Y.K Ip., "The mudskipper, Periophthalmodon schlosseri, actively transports NH4+ against a concentration gradient", Am. J. Physiol., 46 (1999), pp. R1562-R1567. 1999.
- Shanock, L. R., & Eisenberger, R., "When supervisors feel supported: relationships with subordinates' perceived supervisor support, perceived organizational support, and performance." Journal of Applied psychology, Vol. 91, No. 3, p. 689, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.91.3.689
- Shore and Wayne., "Commitment and employee behavior: Comparison of affective commitment and continuance commitment with perceived organizational support." Journal of Applied Psychology, 78, pp. 774-780, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.5.774
- Shore, L. M., & Tetrick, L. E., "A construct validity study of the survey of perceived organizational support". Journal of applied psychology, Vol. 76, No. 5, p. 637, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.5.637
- Spreitzer, 'Social structural characteristics of psychological empowerment', Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 483-504, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/256789
- Spreitzer, G. M., "Psychological empowerment in the workplace: Dimensions, measurement, and validation." Academy of management Journal, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 1442-1465, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- Thomas and Velthouse. - "Cognitive Elements of Empowerment : An Interpretive Model of Intrinsic Task Motivation", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 15, No. 4 , p.670, 1990.
- Van and Ang., "Helping and voice extra-role behaviors: Evidence of construct and predictive validity". Academy of Management Journal, 37, pp. 765-802, 1998.
- Wayne, Shore, & Liden., "Perceived organizational support and leader-member exchange; a social exchange perspective". Academy of Management Journal 40; pp. 82-111, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/257021
- Westley, F. R.. "Middle managers and strategy: Microdynamics of inclusion." Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp.337-351, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250110502
- Organ., "The motivational basis of organizational citizenship Behavior." In B. M. Staw, & L. L. Cummings, Research in organizational behavior, Vol. 12, pp. 43-72, JAI Press Inc, 1990.
- Kanter., "The change masters. New York": Simon & Schuster, 1983.
- Walumbwa, Hartnell, & Oke, Servant leadership, 2010.