- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effects of Smartphone Usage Patterns on Human Factors of Pedestrian Safety: Focused on Users in Their 20's and 30's
스마트폰 이용행태가 보행안전도의 인적요인에 미치는 영향: 20~30대 사용자들을 중심으로
- You, Seung-Hee (Dept. of U-City IT Convergence & Urban Policy, Hansei University) ;
- Kwon, Chang-Hee (Dept. of U-City IT Convergence & Urban Policy, Hansei University)
- Received : 2017.08.01
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate utilization behaviors of smartphones while walking that are increasing recently and to examine the effects of smartphone usage patterns on human factors of pedestrian safety. In order to understand the motives and actual conditions of pedestrians' use of smart phones, a online questionnaire survey was conducted on people in their 20~30s who use smartphones. As a result, 98.6% of the respondents had experience using smartphones while walking. After performing the survey by extracting 17 uses the synchronization elements in the prior studies was extracted with two factors from the factor analysis. Particularly, respondents whose motivation to use smartphones was 'pandemic' were analyzed to have an influence on the risk of accident due to use of smartphones among human factors of pedestrian safety.
Smartphone;Usage Pattern;Pedestrian Safety;Human Factors;Multiple Regression Analysis
- S. C. Kang, S. W. Lee, J. I. Sim, "A Stusy on Patterns and Distraction of Smart Devices Usages While Walking", Transportation Research, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.27-39, 2016.
- S. H. You, "A Study on Measures to Refuce Traffic Accidents caused by Using Smartphones While Driving", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp.175-184, 2016.
- M. H. Kim, "A Study on the Effects Smartphones Have on Safety When Used While Driving", Korea Transportation Safety Authority, pp.22-28, 2014.
- "Smartphone user behavior survey of pedestrian", Korea Transportation Safety Authority, 2013.
- Thompson, L. L., Rivara, F. P., Ayyagari, R. C., & Ebel, B. E., "Impact of social and technological distraction on pedestrian crossing behavior: an observational study", Injury Prevention, Vol. 19, pp.76-82, 2012.
- W. K. Hwang, K. O. Chang, S. I. Lee, T. H. Kim, "A Study on the Risks of Using Smartphone for Pedestrian Safety", Korea Transportation Safety Authority 2013.
- C. Y. Kim, H. W. Jeong, H. D. Kim, "Effects of Smart Phone Use on the Gait Parameters When Healthy Young Subjects Negotiated an Obstacle", The Korea Academia-industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 471-479, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.471
- H. W. Park, S. K. Park, "Effects of Smart-phone Use on Gait Biomechanics and Auditory Cognitions", Korean Society of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol.64, pp.783-795, 2016.
- S. C. Kang, S. W. Lee, J. I. Sim, "A Study on Patterns and Distraction of Smart Devices Usages While Walking", Transportation Research, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.27-39, 2016.
- Y. B. Jang, "Effects of Mobile Instant Messenger Usage Pattern and Intensity on Users' Social Capital: Focused on Users in Their 20's and 30's" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp.541-548, 2014.
- I. Y. Yang, "A Study on the Motivation and Behaviors of the Initial Smartphone Users", The Graduate School, University of Seokang, A Master Thesis, Korea, 2014.
- M. H. Ahn, "A Study on Motivations for SmartPhone Use and Use Patterns according to Life Style of Baby Boom Generation" The Graduate School, University of Ewha Womans, A Master Thesis, Korea, 2012.
- S. H. Park, "The Analysis of Key Factors to Enhance Pedestrian Safety", The Graduate School, University of Gacheon, A Master Thesis, Korea, 2015.
- Y. W. Choi, "(A) study on the development of the evaluation criteria for the service levels of pedestrian environment in major subway station areas", The Graduate School, University of Hanyang, A Master Thesis, Korea, 2010.