- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Changes of Digital Mind by the Class Type in Basic Software Education for the Students of Humanities
소프트웨어 기초 교육에서 수업 방식에 의한 인문대학생의 디지털 마인드 변화 분석
- Seo, Joo-Young (Da-San University College, Ajou University) ;
- Shin, Seung-Hun (Da-San University College, Ajou University) ;
- Goo, Eun-Hee (Da-San University College, Ajou University)
- Received : 2017.08.01
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
As the importance of software has become more widely recognized, many Korean universities are designating software classes as an essential subject. However, there is a difficulty in achieving the educational goal because the education is done without sufficient understanding of the non-Major learner. Therefore, in this paper, we analyze the opinions of the humanities college students who have taken the software basic education course and confirm the changes of the students' digital minds. Based on this, we suggest considerations for the basic software education for non-Majors. The results of the analysis show that pre-admission software education does not contribute much to university education, while students respond positively to the practice-based education using student-oriented project subjects. Therefore, it is desirable to provide an environment where learners can gradually develop their digital minds by providing students with more software access opportunities based on hands-on practice in basic software education for non-Majors.
University Students;Basic SW Education;Non-Majors;Digital Mind;SW Theory;SW Practice
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- K. Schwab, "The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Portfolio Penguin", 2016.
- H. J. Kwon, "A Study on Convergence Education of IT & Design for Training Creative Talent," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 17, No. 11, pp. 1354-1362, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2014.17.11.1354
- J. E. Nah, "Software Education Needs Analysis in Liberal Arts," Korean Journal of General Education, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 63-89, 2017.
- H. S. Woo, J. M. Kim, W. G. Lee, "A Comparative Analysis of domestic universities curriculum based on overseas higher Informatics standard curriculum," The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 27-38, 2017.
- Ministry of Science and ICT Homepage, http://www.msip.go.kr/web/msipContents/contentsView.do?cateId=mssw311&artId=1271715 (July 28, 2017)
- H. K. Rim, "A Study on Teaching using Website 'Code.org' in Programming Education based on Computational Thinking," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 382-395, 2017. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2017.20.2.382
- S. K. Kim, Y. R. Lee, "Design of Computer Education System Using Facilitation-based Learning," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 145-153, 2015.
- S. K. Oh, T. B. Yoon, "Design and implementation of tutoring system based on monitoring for Learning Programming Languages," The Society of Convergence Knowledge Transactions, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2017.
- S. B. Shin, "Application Effectiveness of the Discussion Learning in the Programming Education," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 123-130, Oct, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2016.10.10.5.123
- M. S. Lee, J. Y. Jang, "Program Develope and Class Design for Convergence ICT and Character Education," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 9-18, 2016.
- H. S. Kang, J. H. Cho, H. C. Kim. "Case Study on Software Education using Social Coding Sites," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 37-48, 2017.
- D. J. Kim, E. Y. Ha, "The Future Direction of Information Education in University according to Computerization," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 33-40, 2015.
- K. M. Kim, H. S. Kim, "A Study on Customized Software Education method using Flipped Learning in the Digital Age," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 55-64, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.55
- S. Y. Pi, "A Study on Coding Education of Non-Computer Majors for IT Convergence Education," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 1-8, 2016.
- S. H. Park, "Study of SW Education in University to enhance Computational Thinking," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1-10. 2016.
- K. M. Kim, H. S. Kim, "A Case Study on Necessity of Computer Programming for Interdisciplinary Education," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 339-348. 2014.
- S. H. Kim, "Analysis of Non-Computing Majors' Difficulties in computational Thinking Education," The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 49-57, 2015.
- M. J. Oh, "Non-Major Students' Perceptions of Programming Education using the Scratch Programming Language," The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1-11, 2017.
- J. M. Wing, "CT and Thinking about CT," Carnegie Mellon University, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wing/www/talks/ct-and-tc-long.pdf (July, 29, 2017)
- J. H. Kim, J. E. Nah, J. Y. Seo, K. S. Jang, "Software Education, What is the Point?," e-Journal of Korea National Institute for General Education, Vol. 25, pp. 10-23, 2016.
- J. Y. Seo, "A Case Study on Programming Learning of Non-SW Majors for SW Convergence Education," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 123-132, 2017.
- M. Hahsler et. al, "arules: Mining Association Rules and Frequent Itemsets," https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/arules/index.html (July 30. 1017)