- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Improvement of ICT SMEs Technology Support Programs using Exploratory FGI and Delphi techniques
탐색적 FGI와 Delphi기법을 활용한 ICT 중소기업 기술지원 프로그램 개선 방안 연구
- Lee, Hyung-Ju (SMEs Technology Support Section, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI)) ;
- Lee, Yong-Hun (SMEs Technology Support Section, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI)) ;
- Park, So-Ra (SMEs Technology Support Section, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI)) ;
- Lee, Il-Jin (SMEs Technology Support Section, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI))
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
This study aim to figure out the limitation of existing ICT SMEs technology support programs conducted by Government Funded Research Institute. To investigate the limitations of SMEs programs, we conducted Focus Group Interview(FGI) with staff in charge of R&D department of beneficiaries(ICT SMEs). The results of FGI show that SMEs have troubles with the lack of R&D manpower, R&D infrastructure and non-R&D activities. Then, we conducted Delphi survey(derived from FGI) with related field experts to ask the problems and limitations of SMEs programs. The Results of Delphi show that SMEs programs has limitations with avoiding of SMEs support staff, lack of public R&D infrastructure sharing center, incompleteness of policies. Based on the results of FGI and Delphi, we suggest the several ways to improving SMEs programs.
SMEs Technology Support;Manpower Support;R&D Infrastructure Support;Technology Commercialization Support;ICT SMEs;Policy program
- J. K. Kim and K. T. Hwang, "A Study on the Factors Affecting Technological Innovation of Innovative IT SMEs", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp.201-224, 2016.
- Annual Report on the Promotion of the Korean ICT industry, pp.8-23, MISP, 2016.
- S. K. Kim and S. Y. Lee, "The Casual Relationship between ICT Growth and Employment in Korea", Information Systems Review, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp.77-95, 2014.
- Jaffe, A. B., Trajitenberg, M. and Henferson, R., "Geographic localization of knowledge spillovers as evidenced by patent citations", the Quarterly journal of Economics, Vol. 108, No. 3, pp.577-598, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/2118401
- Industry opinion for Industrial Technology Support Policy, p.2, KOITA, 2014.
- B. Thomas., G. Packham and C. Miller, "Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Higher Education and Economic Regeneration in Wales", Industry and Higher Education, Vo. 20, No. 6, pp.433-440, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5367/000000006779882922
- B. Thomas., G. Packham, C. Miller and D. Brooksbnank, "The use of Web sites for SME innovation and technology support services in Wales", Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.400-407, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/14626000410551654
- L. A. Lefebvre., R. Mason. and E. Lefebvre, "The Influence Prism in SMEs: The Power of CEOs' Perceptions on Technology Policy and Its Organizational Impacts", MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp.856-878, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.43.6.856
- P. N. O'Farrell. and D. M. W. N. Hitchens, "Alternative theories of small-firm growth: a critical review", Environment and Planning, Vol. 20, pp.1365-1383, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1068/a201365
- P. G. Paik, "Stepping up a High-Tech Labor Supply for SMEs: Analyses and the Policies to Account for a High-Tech Labor Shortage in Innovative SMEs in Korea", The Korean Small Business Review, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp.171-189, 2007.
- W. Park., E. J. Kim and H. Y. Park, "An Empirical Analysis of the Influence Factors on Private-Public R&D Collaboration of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in ICT Sector", Asia Pasific Journal of Small Business, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.25-44, 2016.
- D. S. Sohn, J. S. Lee and Y. B. Kim, "The Effects of Government Support and Regulation on SMEs Technology Innovation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.117-125, 2017.
- S. W. Choi, J. T. Jung and Y. Y. You, "The Effect of Government R&D Subsidies Program Participation Factor for SMEs R&D Performances", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp.171-180, 2014.
- Harold Wolman, "The determinants of program success and failure," Journal of Public Policy, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp.433-464, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0143814X00002336
- S. I. Kim, "A Study about analyzing competitiveness on German SMEs and the advice on related policy", KOSBI, 2009.
- Y. W. Kim, "Germany's SME Technical Support Policy and Implications", Fachzeitschrift fur Deutschlandkunde, Vol. 28, pp.69-104, 2012.
- SBA FY2014-2018 Strategic Plan, KIAT, 2014.
- S. H. Lee, K. S. Noh, H. K. Kim and L. G. Park, "A Study on How to vitalize Technical Innovation of the Small and Medium Firms", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.101-116, 2007.
- J. S. Kim, "Analysis of foreign venture and SME policy to realize creative economy: Focused on seven countries including USA, EU, UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland and Israel", NIA, 2013.
- J. J. Kim and H. S. Kim, "Global Paradigm-Shift of SME Support Policies", KOSBI, 2016.
- S. J. Eom, J. J. Youyn, H. J. Kim and H. S. Lee, "A study on films selection of education content development for promoting pre-service early childhood teacher's creativity and personality using delphi technique", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp.403-413, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.403
- Jeong-Il Choi, "A Study on Indirect Exportation vitalization Focused on Digital Related SMEs", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.75-88, 2013.