- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Improvement Issues of Personal Information Protection Laws through Meta-Analysis
메타분석을 통한 개인정보보호법의 개선과제
- Cho, Myunggeun (Dankook University Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in IT Law) ;
- Lee, Hwansoo (Dankook University Dept. of Convergence Security)
- Received : 2017.07.17
- Accepted : 2017.09.20
- Published : 2017.09.28
As we enter the era of big data, the value of personal information is becoming ever more important. However, personal information protection laws in Korea have several issues. Furthermore, existing research are limited in their ability to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of measures to improve personal information protection laws. Accordingly, this study analyzes improvements to be made in the current personal information protection laws based on existing research. A total of 39 research articles discussing the problems of the personal information protection law were selected and analyzed by applying the meta - analysis technique. According to the results, the various issues such as the meaning and scope of personal information, the role and obligations of relevant parties, provision of personal information to third parties, and redundant and imbalanced regulations in special acts in each field. that exist in the current personal information protection laws were confirmed. This study contributes to the improvement of inconsistency between information protection laws and related special laws in each field in practice. Academically, it will contribute to understanding the problems of th law from the macro perspective and suggesting the integrated improvement ways of the law.
Personal Information;Personal Information Law;Improvement Issue;Unification;Meta-Analysis
- W. J. Sung, "Study on legislation process of information protection law", The Korean association for public administration, Fall Conference, pp. 812-837, 2013.
- W. M. Shim, "Legislative Strategy for Personal Data Protection in the Smart Age", Journal of Media Law, Ethics and Policy Research, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 147-174, 2013.
- S. H. Lee, D. W. Lee, "Current Status of Big Data Utilization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.229-233, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.229
- J. W. Moon, "Constitutional Review on Personal Data Protection Act", World Constitutional Law Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 271-296, 2013.
- I. G. Lee, "A Criminal Study on the Personal Information Protection Act", Law Review, Vol. 55, pp. 285-312, 2014.
- K. J. Choi, "Big Data and Personal Information", SungKyunKwan Law Review, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 197-218, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17008/skklr.2013.25.2.007
- J. K. Kil, "Integrated information protecion law and effective protection of personal information", Public Land Law Review, Vol. 57, pp. 213-234, 2012.
- J. L. Yoo, "Personal Information Protection in Digita1 Era - Reviewing Personal information protection Act -", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp.81-90, 2011.
- D. H. Bang, "A study on the Improvement of the Personal Information Protection Certification in the Personal Information Protection Legal System : Focusing on the Current status, the Problem, and the Remedial Alternative of Certificate System", Public Law Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 263-300, 2014.
- M. S. Kim, B. N. Noh, Y. M. Kim, "A Privacy Level Check Model based on New Privacy Law in Korea", Proceedings of the Korean Information Science Society Conference, Vol. 38, No. 1D, pp. 118-121, 2011.
- H. M. Kim, M. S. Yang, "The Legal Protection Scope and Limitation of Information", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp.691-699, 2012.
- S. J. Yoon, "Issues of personal information protection in the ICT-based society - The propose for centralization of personal information protection legislation -", ChungAng Law Review, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 63-99, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21759/caulaw.2016.18.3.63
- W. S. Kim, "An Overview of New Personal Information Protection Law", Chungnam Law Review, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 9-42, 2011.
- H. U. Choung, "Personal Information Protection Act", Chung-Ang Joumal of Legal Studies, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 111-133, 2011.
- H. K. Kim, "A study on consistency of the personal information legal framework - focusing on the finance.healthecare.ICT areas", SungKyunKwan Law Review, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 31-69, 2016.
- D. H. Bae, "A Study on the Revision of the 'Personal Information Protection Act' and its Related Acts", IT & Law Review, Vol. 6, pp. 1-33, 2012.
- I. H. Kim, "Streamlining Plan of Object of Application on the Personal Information Protection Act", Public Law, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 31-54, 2014.
- H. M. Choi, "A study on the inconsistency problem of the big data era and information protection law, and their solutions", IT & Law Review, Vol. 8, pp. 357-382, 2014.
- J. H. Kim, "A Legislative Study on the Personal Information Protection Law - from the viewpoint of criminal Law -", The Legal Studies Institute of Chosun University, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 347-370, 2011.
- I. H. Kim, "A Study on the Role and Function of Personal Information Protection Commission", SungKyunKwan Law Review, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 233-257, 2012.
- W. Q. Pak, "Solutions to Problems regarding Transfer of Korean Personal Information to the U.S. in the Cloud Computing Environment- With Analysis of The USA Patriot Act-", KyungPook National University Law Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 455-478, 2012.
- K. J. Choi, "A Study of Transborder Flows of Personal Information", The Legal Studies Institute of Chosun University, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 31-63, 2013.
- S. Y. Cha, "A study on collision and tasks between personal information protection legislation and the use of big data", Han Yang Law Review, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 315-359, 2016.
- Y. S. Park, "A Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Aromatherapy Hand Massage", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 469-479, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.469
- K. H. Kim, "Meta-Analysis on the Effect of School Violence Intervention Program", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp.33-43, 2016.
- J. Webster, R. T. Watson, "Analyzing the past to prepare for the future: Writing a literature review", MIS quarterly, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 13-23, 2002.
- I. G. Lee, "A Study on the Problem and Improvement of Personal Information Protection Law", Legal Theory & Practice Review, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 183-209, 2014.
- N. H. Park, "Improvements to the legal system on the processing of personal data are required", Anam Law Review, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 133-157, 2013.
- M. Y. Lee, "A Revisory Study on the Legislations related to Personal Data Protection", ChungNam Law Review, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 47-97, 2012.
- S. D. Lee, "A Study on Problems of Current Sentencing System for Personal Information Protection", Korean Criminological Review, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 29-54, 2015.
- H. Y. Jung, "Analysis of contents and structure of personal information protection act", Public Law Journal, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 407-435, 2011.
- J. Y. Kim, "A Review on Regulation System for Protection of Personal Information related to 2014 Credit-Card Data Leaks -A Trial of Analysis on the Interface(Schnittstellenanalyse) as an ex-ante Legislative Evaluation-", The Legal Studies Institute of Chosun University, Vol. 21 No. 1, pp. 89-129, 2014.
- J. K. Kim, "New Legal Problems on the Personal Protection Act", KangWon Law Review, Vol. 36, pp. 95-120, 2012. https://doi.org/10.18215/kwlr.2012.36..95
- G. C. Lim, "Legislative Considerations on problems in personal information protection law", Public Land Law Review, Vol. 60, pp. 341-364, 2013.
- T. E. Koo, "Various Issues of Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)", SNU Law Review, Vol. 3, pp. 66-97, 2012.
- J. C. Hah, "A Thought on the Right to Be Forgotten Ar ticulated in the European Commission's Proposal for Gener al Data Protection Regulation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 87-92, 2012.
- H. K. Kim, "Study on the Concept of Personal Data and Legal Issues", Study on the American Constitution, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 135-164, 2014.
- P. J. Lee, "System of Personal Information Protection Act and the Related Laws", Crisisonomy, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 81-104, 2014.
- K. S. Park, "Definition of Personal Data and a Study on the Geolocation Data Protection Act - Focusing on Anonymous Geolocation Data Protection, Licensing, and Case-by-Case Consent Requirement", ChonBuk Law Review, Vol. 37, pp. 191-221, 2012.
- D. K. Jeong, "Comparative study of the privacy information protection policy : Privacy information basic laws and dedicated organizations", Journal of the Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 923-939, 2012.
- K. H. Nam, "Trends in Personal Information Protection Laws and Corporate Strategies", Review of KIISC, Vol. 21, No. 8, pp. 60-69, 2011.
- H. J. Lee, "The Legislation on the Personal Medical Information Protection Law", Korean Journal of Medicine and Law, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 177-208, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17215/kaml.2014.06.22.1.177
- I. H. Kim, "A Critical Review of Personal Information Protection Act Revision", Public Land Law Review, Vol. 52, pp. 269-294, 2011.
- K. L. Lee, "Management, Utilization and Protection of Personal Information in Criminal Justice - Focusing on the legal consistency of laws related to criminal justice -", Korean Journal of Victimology, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 211-239, 2015.
- H. S. Son, "The characteristics and direction on the 'Personal Information Protection Act", Journal of Media Law, Ethics and Policy Research, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 93-123, 2012.
- S. D. Lee, "A Review on the Provisions in the Criminal Law about legal principles of consent on the protection of the personal information Protection Law System in Korea", SungKyunKwan Law Review, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 135-157, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17008/skklr.2015.27.1.005
- H. S. Byeon, "The Status and Suggestions for Big Data Adaptation in the Government and the Public Agency", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 13-25, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.13