- Volume 30 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of Heating Roller Monitoring System for Lamination
라미네이션을 위한 히팅롤러 모니터링 시스템 개발
- Oh, Jae-Jun (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education (KOREATECH)) ;
- Choi, Woon-Shik (Department of Technology Education, Sehan University) ;
- Choi, Seong-Ju (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education (KOREATECH))
- Received : 2017.08.29
- Accepted : 2017.09.05
- Published : 2017.10.01
Lamination is used extensively in various industries. The type of lamination applied to the material depends on the precision level required, which varies for materials needed for everyday use, materials used in high-tech industries, and processes employed to fabricate finished products. Especially in hot lamination, the distribution of the surface temperature of the heating roller is very important to avoid the generation of internal bubbles and ensure flatness of the attached materials, and thus maintain a good standard of quality and productivity. In this study, we have developed a system to monitor the surface temperature of the heating rollerby applying a heterogeneous controller and a non - contact temperature sensor. This monitoring system accurately measures the surface temperature of the heating roller and applies the RS485 MODBUS communication method for easy expansion. Using this system, a laminated prototype was fabricated, and its efficacy for non-contact temperature sensor calibration, Ethernet IP communication, stoppage of the heating roller, and determination of temperature distribution with rotation was examined for its potential usage in industries.
- Wikipedia, Lamination, https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/ (2016).
- K. O. Lim and K. S. Lee, J. Mech. Sci. Technol., 25, 975 (2001).
- H. J. Shin, H. G. Kim, L. G. Kwac, S. H. Ko, W. Han, and H. W. Kim, Proc. Proceedings of the International Conference of Manufacturing Technology Engineers (ICMTE) 2012 (KSMTE The Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Jeju, 2012) p. 197.
- G. H. Hwang, W. G. Kim, and B. S. Lee, Proc. KIIEE Annual Conference 2012 (The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Seoul, 2012) p. 227.
- G. H. Hwang, W. G. Kim, Y. M. Yun, C. J. Paik, J. B. Yun, I. H. Moon, C. S. Shin, B. S. Kim, and B. S. Lee, Proc. KIIEE Annual Conference (The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Hoengseong, 2010) p. 326.
- J. W. An, Y. S. So, and J. H. Lee, Proc. KISA Annual Conference (Korea Industry Convergence Association, Gumi, 2007) p. 5.
- K. J. Chun, J. H. Kim, and H. J. Lee, Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 22, 155 (2005).
- C. Kim, D. S. Jang, and S. J. Yu, J. Mech. Sci. Technol., 31, 833 (2007).
- B. Bahadur, J. D. Sampica, J. Tchon, and A. Butterfield, Proc. Conference Record of International Display Research Conference (Society for Information Display, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2010) p. 191.
- H. C. Park and Y. S. Son, State of the Art Report, 13, 33 (2001).