- Volume 30 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of a High Power Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Surgery Unit for Dental Implantation
치과 임플란트 수술용 고출력 초음파 수술기 설계 및 제작
- Kim, Na Ri (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Jeon, Dae Woo (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Kim, Jin Ho (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Kim, Sun Woog (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Hwang, Jong Hee (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Lee, Jeong Bae (DMETEC CO., LTD) ;
- Choi, Sung Jae (DMETEC CO., LTD) ;
- Im, Dae Jin (DMETEC CO., LTD) ;
- Lee, Young Jin (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology)
- 김나리 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터) ;
- 전대우 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터) ;
- 김진호 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터) ;
- 김선욱 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터) ;
- 황종희 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터) ;
- 이정배 (주식회사 디메텍) ;
- 최성재 (주식회사 디메텍) ;
- 임대진 (주식회사 디메텍) ;
- 이영진 (한국세라믹기술원 광.디스플레이소재센터)
- Received : 2017.08.30
- Accepted : 2017.09.11
- Published : 2017.10.01
This paper presents the design and fabrication of a high power piezoelectric ultrasonic surgery unit for multi-purpose dental implantation. A conventional piezoelectric ultrasonic surgery units consists of a transducer and a tip. However, the drawback of this simple structure is that the output performance of the transducer considerably changes with the change of the tips. An ultrasonic surgery unit that has an additional booster between the transducer and the tip can solve this problem to some extent; for this, an optimal structural design for the transducer is required. We used the Bolted Langevin Transducer (BLT) as the basic transducer; it consists of piezoelectric ceramics and a metal body. It's structure was optimized using mathematical methods to determine the length and radius of the tail and head masses. Additionally, the booster was also subjected to the same methods. Using these mathematical methods, optimal results in terms of the resonance frequency (24.96 kHz), displacement (
- K. M. Park, J. H. Kim, and T. J. Ko, J. Korean Soc. Manuf. Process Eng., 15, 102 (2016). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2016.15.3.102]
- T. Vercellotti, Minerva Stomatol., 53, 207 (2004).
- J. H. Lee, J. M. Oh, Y. Hong, S. Kim, J. Paik, Y. J. Lee, and S. D. Lee, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 990 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.12.990]
- M. W. Sa, H. R. Shim, T. J. Ko, J. M. Lee, and J. Y. Kim, J. Korean Soc. Manuf. Process Eng, 33, 377 (2016). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.5.377]
- T. Arabaci, Y. Cicek, and C. F. Canakci, Int. J. Dent. Hyg., 5, 2 (2007). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1601-5037.2007.00217.x] https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1601-5037.2007.00217.x
- C. H. Drisko, Dent. Clin. North Am., 42, 229 (1998).
- G. W. Stende and E. M. Schaffer. J. Periodontol., 32, 312 (1961). https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.19184.108.40.2062
- D. R. Breininger, T. J. O’Leary, and R.V.H. Blumenshine, J. Periodontol., 58, 9 (1987). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1902/jop.19220.127.116.11] https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.1918.104.22.168
- C. M. Kim, Y. J. Lee, J. H. Park, Y. H. Jeong, K. J. Kang, J. B. Lee, and S. D. Lee, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 22, 832 (2009). [DOI: http://10.4313/JKEM.2009.22.10.832]
- A. D. Walmsley, W.R.E. Laird, and A. R. Williams, Dent. Mater., 2, 97 (1986). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(86)80002-1] https://doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(86)80002-1
- J. K. Kim and E. S. Jeon, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 13, 1002 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.3.1002] https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.3.1002
- G. T. Bae, G. N. Kim, B. Y. Choi, H. M. Moon, J. P. Noh, and S. C. Huh, J. Ocean Eng. Techno., 29, 56 (2015). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2015.29.1.056] https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2015.29.1.056
- M. H. Park, T. Y. Kim, and M. H. Kim, Proc. KSMTE Conference (KSMTE, Korea, 2000) p. 525.
- K. M. Park and T. J. Ko, Proc. 6th International Conference on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology (JSME, Okinawa, Japan, 2015) p. 86.
- A. J. Hayter, Ann. Stat., 12, 61 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176346392
- C. K. Kim and J. T. Hwang, J. Korean Soc. Tribol. Lubr. Eng., 15, 199 (1999).
- J. S. Park, S. J. Lee, and S. U. Jang, Proc. KSSE Conference (KSSE, Korea, 2007) p. 1477.
- I. H. Joe, S. U. Jang, and S. J. Lee, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 30, 642 (2008).
- G. Box and K. Wilson, J. Royal Stat. Soc., 13, 1 (1951).
- J. S. Park, J. H. Yoon, and J. B. Im, J. of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 32, 22 (2004).
- P. Lim and G. E. Yang, J. of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 31, 924 (2007). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.9.924]
- H. S. Hong, H. C. Jung, G. H. Kim, L. S. Kang, and H. G. Suk, J. Korean Powder Metall. Inst., 20, 191 (2013). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2013.20.3.191] https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2013.20.3.191